Disney Dream 6/3-6/6 Questions?!

db0125

Earning My Ears
This is my 1st Cruise Ever!!! It will just be my 4yr old daughter and I, she will be turning 5 on the cruise so this is a bday/preK graduation gift. Disneyland Paris in October and Disney World Fl next June already planned.

Anyways looking at the weather its showing thunderstorms all 3 days, has anyone experienced this on a cruise? If so were you still able to dock and get off at castaway cay? I loveee to Snorkel. Also how were the pools and aqua duck on board while raining? We love the water and do not mind swimming in the rain being as though we will already be wet.

She is finally at an age where she is in the princess stage having tea parties, dressing up, and story telling so it is so exciting to be able to share my love for Disney with her! She can now sit though an entire movie and pay attention and love it so we've been watching all the Disney princess movies on Disney+ Elsa being one of her favorites. This is also my 1st time taking her with me on a plane, I've never flown with children so any tips, tricks, must haves while traveling please share.

I want to make the best of things rain or shine and just have a nice vacation with my baby girl ❤️ I like to plan/carry a notebook with me and I have anxiety so I'm trying to prepare myself and do my research these next 3 days before takeoff so that things can run a little more smoothly. Vacation from work officially starts at 7pm today so I have time to pack early and shop for anything I'm missing, my last amazon package has arrived so I'm feeling good. 3 days seems so short to me but just enough time to see if we enjoy it and want to book the wish eventually.

I did book an appt at the bibbidi bobbibi boutique on her birthday so I am excited about that even though I know she's going to pick the Frozen package when she already has 3 Elsa costumes with the hair and 3 pajama sets at home!! and I'd like her to choose something different lol. But the royal tea party was sold out before I could book, how has anyone's luck been with booking once on board? is it like a hit or miss situation? and is there going to be a pirate night/fireworks? I've been trying to call the cruise line all month and have gotten a "we cannot take your call please try again later" then it hangs up. Last thing has anyone recently gotten a rainforest pass? momma needs to relax while shes in the kids club.
Thank You!

My daughter was about the same age on our first ever cruise on the Dream, also a 3-night. And we will also be on the cruise on June 3! Our first time back on the Dream since 2014. She's going to have so much fun.

Ignore the weather reports. First, it's still too far out, second, this is SUPER common to see in the reports for the Bahamas. For the most part, storms tend to come and go. If it does storm, it will generally be over quickly. If for some reason bad weather or high winds make it so we are unable to dock on Saturday, they will make Saturday a Sea Day and we'll have another shot Sunday on our Sea Day. There isn't another ship scheduled at CC that day and they will make every attempt they can to dock at CC.

If you didn't end up booking something prior to the cruise, yes you can try onboard. Sometimes they hold back reservations and sometimes people cancel. But you know, I wouldn't stress too much. There is SO MUCH to do and 3 days isn't enough to do it all.

Yes, recent reports indicate that Pirate Night is back on the 3-night. There will not be a themed menu, however, there will be a deck party, fireworks and a post-fireworks buffet in Cabanas.

I can't speak to the rainforest pass. I've never done that, but I feel like I recall some recent threads. In the upper right corner there's a search box, you can use that to search up all kinds of things, limiting your search to this forum is handy in that case.

Have a great cruise! Don't overthink it too much. Just go along for the ride and have fun!

My daughter was about the same age on our first ever cruise on the Dream, also a 3-night. And we will also be on the cruise on June 3! Our first time back on the Dream since 2014. She's going to have so much fun.

Ignore the weather reports. First, it's still too far out, second, this is SUPER common to see in the reports for the Bahamas. For the most part, storms tend to come and go. If it does storm, it will generally be over quickly. If for some reason bad weather or high winds make it so we are unable to dock on Saturday, they will make Saturday a Sea Day and we'll have another shot Sunday on our Sea Day. There isn't another ship scheduled at CC that day and they will make every attempt they can to dock at CC.

If you didn't end up booking something prior to the cruise, yes you can try onboard. Sometimes they hold back reservations and sometimes people cancel. But you know, I wouldn't stress too much. There is SO MUCH to do and 3 days isn't enough to do it all.

Yes, recent reports indicate that Pirate Night is back on the 3-night. There will not be a themed menu, however, there will be a deck party, fireworks and a post-fireworks buffet in Cabanas.

I can't speak to the rainforest pass. I've never done that, but I feel like I recall some recent threads. In the upper right corner there's a search box, you can use that to search up all kinds of things, limiting your search to this forum is handy in that case.

Have a great cruise! Don't overthink it too much. Just go along for the ride and have fun!
Thank you so much! I didn't know they'd switch and make day 2 sea and day 3 CC if needed, that's awesome to hear 😊 we will pack our pirate costume and ill read your report, thanks for the search bar tip I am still learning the site.

The beauty of most children is that they can go with the flow and have fewer expectations. Sort of like how they enjoy the box as much as the gift that came in it. Just letting them explore what they like and are excited about; often it’s the little things.

Hope you have a great - and relaxing cruise and flight.

If it is raining at CC as long as there is no nearby lightning you can still get in the water at the island and enjoy it. Sometimes you are out of water for 30-60 minutes but then allowed back in.

On the ship usually less of an issue as the ship move to a location with better weather if possible.

I would have fun and just enjoy it and not worry too much about structured activities. At CC if you have time go and walk to the observation tower - it is fun and good sights too.

Enjoy!

Thank you so much! I didn't know they'd switch and make day 2 sea and day 3 CC if needed, that's awesome to hear 😊 we will pack our pirate costume and ill read your report, thanks for the search bar tip I am still learning the site.
Generally this happens if the winds are high and they cannot dock or if the weather looks like it's going to be absolute terrible, which, looking at the remains of Agatha heading that way is a real possibility unfortunately.

We were on the 3 day dream this past weekend. It was a 96 percent chance of rain. Woke up to sunny skies and then a dangerous storm around 12p. We had stayed on the ship but everyone on the island had to seek cover and got soaked finally getting back to the ship. The storm lasted awhile then the rain set in for the day. Deck 11 pools and deck chairs were closed all afternoon. Also had a water spout

Attachments

• 831E378A-E4FD-44A2-BCE1-AD1E9C6D2332.jpeg
    831E378A-E4FD-44A2-BCE1-AD1E9C6D2332.jpeg
    35.8 KB · Views: 4
We were on the 3 day dream this past weekend. It was a 96 percent chance of rain. Woke up to sunny skies and then a dangerous storm around 12p. We had stayed on the ship but everyone on the island had to seek cover and got soaked finally getting back to the ship. The storm lasted awhile then the rain set in for the day. Deck 11 pools and deck chairs were closed all afternoon. Also had a water spout
Oh my! Thankfully everyone stayed safe during the storm, we really do love to swim but besides that did you have fun with other on board activities? I intend to only be in my room to sleep I want to see as much of the boat as possible.

We did a lot of trivia and game shows. Saw all the shows. Played bingo twice and won back the money we spent to play. Did not make it to any of the crafts. Saw Dr Strange. We were barely in the room. I went with my 16 year old daughter so she kept me on the move. We had a blast but they did increase capacity. There were 3100 on the ship and in the theatre and dining rooms we were packed in like sardines. I did end up testing positive for Covid when I got home. It’s very mild so it was totally worth it.

This is my 1st Cruise Ever!!! It will just be my 4yr old daughter and I, she will be turning 5 on the cruise so this is a bday/preK graduation gift. Disneyland Paris in October and Disney World Fl next June already planned.

Anyways looking at the weather its showing thunderstorms all 3 days, has anyone experienced this on a cruise? If so were you still able to dock and get off at castaway cay? I loveee to Snorkel. Also how were the pools and aqua duck on board while raining? We love the water and do not mind swimming in the rain being as though we will already be wet.

She is finally at an age where she is in the princess stage having tea parties, dressing up, and story telling so it is so exciting to be able to share my love for Disney with her! She can now sit though an entire movie and pay attention and love it so we've been watching all the Disney princess movies on Disney+ Elsa being one of her favorites. This is also my 1st time taking her with me on a plane, I've never flown with children so any tips, tricks, must haves while traveling please share.

I want to make the best of things rain or shine and just have a nice vacation with my baby girl ❤️ I like to plan/carry a notebook with me and I have anxiety so I'm trying to prepare myself and do my research these next 3 days before takeoff so that things can run a little more smoothly. Vacation from work officially starts at 7pm today so I have time to pack early and shop for anything I'm missing, my last amazon package has arrived so I'm feeling good. 3 days seems so short to me but just enough time to see if we enjoy it and want to book the wish eventually.

I did book an appt at the bibbidi bobbibi boutique on her birthday so I am excited about that even though I know she's going to pick the Frozen package when she already has 3 Elsa costumes with the hair and 3 pajama sets at home!! and I'd like her to choose something different lol. But the royal tea party was sold out before I could book, how has anyone's luck been with booking once on board? is it like a hit or miss situation? and is there going to be a pirate night/fireworks? I've been trying to call the cruise line all month and have gotten a "we cannot take your call please try again later" then it hangs up. Last thing has anyone recently gotten a rainforest pass? momma needs to relax while shes in the kids club.
Thank You!
Just saying hello. We are on the same cruise with our 6 year old daughter. First Disney cruise too, and I also have anxiety worrying about things. Hopefully, everything will be great and we will all make great memories.

It was a BLAST! I’ve already planned a 4 night on the wish for next year attached to my Disney world trip lol. Staff, room, entertainment, food was all amazing definitely exceeded my expectations! There were even surprises like the oceaneers club sending my DD a gift bag on her birthday to the room I didn’t know they did that. The weather turned out to good at castaway I got sunburn. We were 1st on the royal tea waitlist but it was booked and we didn’t even care just went on to the next activity. There was so much to do we couldn’t do it all and I didn’t even get to check out the adult areas. We really did only go to the room to change our clothes and sleep and boy were we tired every night. I didn’t want to get off the boat I’m already ready to go back they’ve got me hooked! What did your family think of the cruise?

It was a BLAST! I’ve already planned a 4 night on the wish for next year attached to my Disney world trip lol. Staff, room, entertainment, food was all amazing definitely exceeded my expectations! There were even surprises like the oceaneers club sending my DD a gift bag on her birthday to the room I didn’t know they did that. The weather turned out to good at castaway I got sunburn. We were 1st on the royal tea waitlist but it was booked and we didn’t even care just went on to the next activity. There was so much to do we couldn’t do it all and I didn’t even get to check out the adult areas. We really did only go to the room to change our clothes and sleep and boy were we tired every night. I didn’t want to get off the boat I’m already ready to go back they’ve got me hooked! What did your family think of the cruise?
I'm so glad! We had a lot of fun as well! It was great to be back on the Dream and I agree, CC was just beautiful that day. We got really lucky they were able to swap the days. Now I need to get to work on my trip report.

Am I correct that the adult activities that utilized the host (DreamQuest, Match your Mate, etc) have not returned?
Thanks!

Am I correct that the adult activities that utilized the host (DreamQuest, Match your Mate, etc) have not returned?
Thanks!
Match your mate was on the cruise, there was even a pirate game show for the kids that was interactive, the kids went up on stage and participated which was cool. It was just me and DD so I didn’t get a chance to do the adult activities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter