Disney dollars?

beckymomof2

Mouseketeer
When I was a kid I bought Disney Dollars. I know they still have them but I could only find information about them on the Disney World website. Are they still sold? Can they be used interchangeably at both parks?

I believe you can still get them at City Hall. They have been phasing them out in the last few years, so they aren't widely available in say, gift shops anymore.

I believe you can still get them at City Hall. They have been phasing them out in the last few years, so they aren't widely available in say, gift shops anymore.

Ok so it's not like I can order them online and put them in the kids stockings before our trip. Bummer.

Actually, you CAN order Disney Dollars in advance. Just call Disneyland Delivears and they'll transfer you to the right person for ordering.

I opted not to do it because they had a $50 max per credit card per day, and then you had to pay $15 shipping and handling on top of that.

Woman: Would you like to buy some Itchy and Scratchy Money?

Homer: What's that?

Woman: Well it's money that's made just for the park. It works just like regular money, but it's, er..."fun".

Bart: Do it, Dad.

Homer: Well, OK, if it's fun...let's see, uh...I'll take $1100 worth.

[he walks in, sees all the signs: "No I&S Money", "We Don't Take Itchy and Scratchy Money", etc.]

Woman: Would you like to buy some Itchy and Scratchy Money?

Homer: What's that?

Woman: Well it's money that's made just for the park. It works just like regular money, but it's, er..."fun".

Bart: Do it, Dad.

Homer: Well, OK, if it's fun...let's see, uh...I'll take $1100 worth.

[he walks in, sees all the signs: "No I&S Money", "We Don't Take Itchy and Scratchy Money", etc.]

:rotfl:

Actually, you CAN order Disney Dollars in advance. Just call Disneyland Delivears and they'll transfer you to the right person for ordering.

I opted not to do it because they had a $50 max per credit card per day, and then you had to pay $15 shipping and handling on top of that.

That's a bummer.

They introduced new Heros & Villains Disney Dollars this year. There are 4 different $1 bills and they're really cute!

Unfortunately the Dalmatian/Cruella design was pulled. Apparently the artist didn't have spell check. ;)

There might still be some of the other 3 designs around though.

Disney dollars are also available at world of Disney in downtown Disney.
Yes they can be used at both parks. They come in 1's 5's and 10's. I haven't seen any villains edition dollars around but I know there are ones currently available with mickey and Minnie.

I could pull out the ones I had when I was a kid and give them to them... but it defeats the purpose. I was going to let the kids spend them in Disneyland. I obviously don't want mine spent after saving them all these years. ;)

They had some at the Grizzly Rapids ride store in early February. The CM there also said to check City Hall for the other designs (they didn't have all of the hero/villain designs).

They're cute, but I do agree that it's easier to carry around a gift card. I don't really recall seeing anyone using Disney Dollars to buy stuff.

They're cute, but I do agree that it's easier to carry around a gift card. I don't really recall seeing anyone using Disney Dollars to buy stuff.

It's just a lot more fun to give kids 'real' Disney Dollars instead of a gift card. I remember as a teenager, the very first thing I would do in Disney is go to City Hall to exchange my money for Disney Dollars. It made the entire experience for me 'more Disney'. I could ignore American dollars and totally immerse myself in Disney.

I'm going back in 2014, and my first stop will be City Hall to give my daughter (and myself) Disney Dollars. Maybe I'm just weird.:banana:

They introduced new Heros & Villains Disney Dollars this year. There are 4 different $1 bills and they're really cute!

Unfortunately the Dalmatian/Cruella design was pulled. Apparently the artist didn't have spell check. ;)

There might still be some of the other 3 designs around though.

There were none last week. They were limited. :(

figment_jii said:
They had some at the Grizzly Rapids ride store in early February. The CM there also said to check City Hall for the other designs (they didn't have all of the hero/villain designs).

We got some for DD4 last week for her spending money. She wouldn't have understood the gift card concept and wouldn't know how much she had left and if she had enough for whatever toy she wanted. The only disappointment for her was that change is given back in regular money.

I always seem to forget to get Disney Dollars at DL.

I remember at WDW most of the time but somehow I just don't at DL.

I don't spend mine, I get a Disney $1 and save it.

My went to DL And she was awesome and took some cash for me and changed it into Disney dollars. When we tell our kids we'll be giving them a saving jar (once it goes in the Disney jar you can't take it out) this way they'll still have their usual piggy bank for other treats. Their jar will have $1 already in it, can add regular cash... And they'll get $ for their birthdays and for doing extra great things around the house!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter