Disney Dollars

rabrog

Earning My Ears
I read about the Disney Dollars - can these be gotten online at all? I was thinking I could get them as I get the money for Disney, thus assuring I have money for DW. :thumbsup2

What can DD be used on at the parks?

Jenn

As far as I know (which isn't all that much, hee hee) the Disney Dollars can only be gotten at the parks or at the Disney store at your local mall.

Scratch that; I have also HEARD (don't know if it's true) that you can order them by phone from WDW and have them mailed to your home. I believe it involves faxing them an order form with your credit card info on it.

And, they now have Disney Gift Cards which can be loaded with any amount, and used at the parks, restaurants, resorts, etc.

Good luck, and welcome to the DIS!

We used the gift cards for our recent trip. We bought them at the Disney Store at our local mall. They are not as much fun as DD but more convenient as you are not dealing with paper money.

My suggestion would be not to put your entire budget on one card. We put $500 on one card. I was so nervous we would lose it down there which could easily happen as you are constantly stuffing things into your bag and pulling them back out. We should have gotten several cards in $100 increments.

Disney Dollars can be used for just about anything at WDW - food, clothing, toys, even paying for your room at a Disney resort. They have a look and feel like real currency. When we go to WDW, we usually give our two DDs some Disney dollars to spend as they wish.

From Mousesavers:

Disney Dollars are "cash equivalents." One Disney Dollar = one US dollar. They can be used at Disney Store locations in the US and at almost all locations in Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort and Disney Cruise Line. Disney Dollars can be purchased at any Disney Store or Disney theme park, or by letter from Walt Disney World Ticketing, PO Box 10140, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830. You must pay in advance. Shipping is $10.00 for express delivery. Include shipping charges with the check.

I bought mine from the local Disney store and I have a gift card i earned from Sunshine Rewards.

Thanks! Being in Alaska, we don't have any Disney stores up here, so I will purchase through the mail.

Jenn

You can get the Disney Gif card online, loaded with the dollar amount you wih, and mailed to you....no shipping fee either! The disneyshopping.com site should have the info for you.

You can also purchase Disney Dollars from WDW Mail Order - (407) 363-6200.

DD$ are accepted at any Disney-owned venue in the WDW parks, resorts, and Downtown Disney.

Click the link in my signature for more info on Disney Dollars.

The new Disney gift cards are a nice option for saving for your trip, but they have a few limitations - they can only be accepted in places that have credit card readers, which means that some of the smaller drink, snack, and merchandise carts can't take them.

FYI - if you lose a Disney gift card, you can get it replaced, as long as you have the original purchase reciept.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!