Disney Dining Plan now available to use for In Room Private Dining

JoiseyMom

<font color=orange>Have you had your SPANX today??
From Allears!!

http://www.allearsnet.com/din/restnews.htm

AUGUST 2006

Disney Dining Plan now available to use for In Room Private Dining:

TWO table service credits may be used for Private in Room Dining :
Juice (breakfast)
Appetizer (lunch and dinner)
Entrée
Desserts (lunch & dinner)
Non-alcoholic beverage
Single serving portions only. Does not include hospitality platters, amenities, or merchandise.

I don't think it's worth 2 TS credits. I would probably just pay OOP for Room service. :confused3

Thank you. I've been trying to find out if room service had been added to the plan.

jjohnson said:
Thank you. I've been trying to find out if room service had been added to the plan.

I am not 100% sure if they mean room service. I think there is a difference between Private Dining and just room service. Allears said Private Dining.

Anyone know any more details?

Actually, what they said was "In-Room Dining" (which is what Disney calls their room service at most of its resorts) on their home page and "In Room Private Dining" on the linked page. There is a private dining delivery service (where they provide an In Room Dining meal aboard an Illuminations cruise, for example), but I doubt that that has anything to do with this change to the Dining Plan.

At the GF, AKL and Y&BC, room service is called Private Dining. My brochures are from May at the latter two and January for the GF.

At the Polynesian, the copy of the Island Palm Press I have handy calls it room service but it is an old copy. I do think it is called private dining there as well now.

But it all means the same thing. :thumbsup2

I don't see it being worth 2 table services. Maybe two counter services for like breakfast.

I don't think any of the 2TS choices are worth 2TS. I see them offering things at 2TS because they feel they need to offer them for the sake of the Dining Plan, not that the meal needs to be part of the Dining Plan to get enough business. And table service breakfasts at a restaurant are also not worth even 1TS. I suspect again that usage of the Dining Plan for breakfast that way is allowed just so they can say that you can use your TS credits at any meal, but lunch and dinner will always be a better financial value for TS credits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter