Disney Dining page ideas needed!

tallpkb

"Life is uncertain...eat dessert first!"
I'm still working on my WDW album from our family trip last Oct. Since we got the free dining package, I took lots of pictures of our yummy food. I want to use two pages only, facing each other, to showcase these pics. But I'm stumped on a layout idea. Any ideas?? :confused3 :rolleyes1

You could do something extremely oversized; use the word "FOOD." Design the letters yourself, with the "FO" on the left and the "OD" on the right. Use your pictures to fill in the font. Does that make sense? So the word "FOOD" would be made up of pictures of food. Use a neutral background of a solid color. You could back each letter in a complimentary color and use the same color to make small bands to separate each picture if you wanted. Maybe leave enough room around the letters to write the name of each dish and where it was from. That's about all I could think of without seeing how busy or simple the pictures are. :thumbsup2

HOw about something like...."Nobody does FOOD better than Disney" & use utensils as a border???? does that make sense?

Here's one I did a long time ago.
http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=4002141&a=30068601&p=60255355

I poured some rice krispies on the floor (very close together), kneeled over it to take a picture (in walks DH & just LOOKS at me --- smiled at him). Used the picture to cut out the letters O in food & for journal mat.

Ya know, I don't do stupid stuff like that anymore. lol Must be because there weren't as many things available on the market back then to buy. LOL

SplshMtn99 said:
Here's one I did a long time ago.
http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=4002141&a=30068601&p=60255355

I poured some rice krispies on the floor (very close together), kneeled over it to take a picture (in walks DH & just LOOKS at me --- smiled at him). Used the picture to cut out the letters O in food & for journal mat.

Ya know, I don't do stupid stuff like that anymore. lol Must be because there weren't as many things available on the market back then to buy. LOL

THat is a cute idea though!

I don't have a picture to share, but for our last trip I did a two-page spread titled "Many Magnificent Meals." I used a knife, fork, and spoon punch to put some little utensils around, and made journaling blocks that looked like little menus by using fancy corner punches for solid card stock then inserting white stock into the frames that were created.

I did bring home a Mickey-head rice krispy treat on a stick and scanned it directly for a page about special WDW indulgences.

I don't have a pic to share either, but, we take pics of food too. The food was so beautiful I wanted to use alot of pics. I printed the pics as wallet size, then I placed them around each page, as a top, side and bottom border. I titled the pages Food Glorious Food. I journaled about some of the wonderful rest. we visited and my impressions.
HTH Deb

Not sure where you ate.. but if you had any of the classic disney meals.. Beer cheese soup for example.. you could include the recipe for the dish! The recipes for a lot of disney dishes are out there.

--Heather

Whenever I had a lot of pictures on one theme (like a character breakfast), and didn't want to make more than 2 pages, I used 12x12 "Flip Pages". I bought them at http://www.scrapbookexpress.com/pageprotectors.html
They are regular 12x12 top loading page protectors for a post album but with an extra 3 1/2" pocket on one side. They can be made to fold in either direction. By putting 2 pages together you have 4 extra 3 1/2" spaces for adding titles, journaling, smaller pictures, menus, recipes...whatever! For a shopping trip to Downtown Disney I used 12x12 "swinging shutter" style protectors located at the same site. They are 12x12 protectors with a 6" folding pocket on each side, the equivalent of 3 12x12 pages! These extra pockets can also hold park maps, Disney Dollars...assuming you have any left, or (in our case) the menu from Ghiradelli's.. our favorite DTD location. To make the large menu fit, I had a reduced copy made at a copy center. These pages are a great way to fit lots of photos in a small space.

I've been trying to figure out my food page...and thought about Disney Dining or Dining at Disney for titles. You could just use one oversized D in the upper left corner and spell Disney across the top and Dining down the side. I'd love to see a picture when you're done...

Keep the ideas coming as I will need them for my pages after my trip at the end of the year. I plan on taking lots of pictures of the restaurants and food while we are there. We are doing the dining plan this time and eating in restaurants as opposed to grabbing a quick bite like the last couple of times we were there. :hourglass pixiedust: ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!