Disney Dining - Birthdays, Halloween Parties & Mickey Bars, Oh My! UPDATED with pics!

scanne

<font color=blue>OK, I must have really small ears
The Cast:
Me - Disney Mom, planner, obsessive about Disney, yada yada yada 32 years young!
DH - Loves Disney and Halloween. This trip was his birthday gift. 37.
DS - this was his 7th trip to WDW. :goodvibes Age 4
DD - this was her 5th trip to WDW :goodvibes Age 2.

Dining Report – Sept./Oct. 2006

Friday September 29, 2006:

This was our arrival day. Our flight got in at 9:10am and we went to our hotel, checked in, then went to the MK. We had a late lunch reservation for Chef Mickey’s, but we were hungry so we decided to have a snack at Casey’s. DH and I got the grand slam hot dog and DS and DD got the corn dog nuggets. Oh, and of course, we had to have the obligatory Mickey Bar!!! The hot dogs were fine by hot dog standards and the corn dog nuggets were really good. I think I’ll get the nuggets myself in the future!

Our late lunch was at 2:40pm at Chef Mickey’s. I did this only because my DS really wanted to eat there on our trip in July. He kept asking to go so I finally gave in. Food wise, it was just average. I never have liked Chef Mickey’s for anything but breakfast. There weren’t many choices. Let’s see if I can remember.

Salads, fresh fruit, bread, rolls and butter; pizza, chicken strips and Mickey-roni and cheese on the kids bar; veggie frittata, summer veggie stir-fry; pasta in an alfredo sauce with shrimp, broccoli and tomatoes (this was the only stand out to me); chili lime chicken; ribs; salmon; red velvet cake, carrot cake, chocolate cake, marble cheesecake, assorted cookies, rice krispie treats and soft serve ice cream with toppings.

I didn’t take food pictures this trip (SORRY!).

Character interaction was good. The characters came around twice and the kids enjoyed seeing the gang. We saw Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Chip and Dale.

Saturday September 30, 2006:

I brought breakfast up really early (6:30am) to our room from Gasparilla’s. We had the egg and cheese croissant, a kids Mickey waffle platter and a kids egg platter. It was quick and good.

We were at Epcot today to sample the Food and Wine Festival. First we did Soarin’ in the Land – it was only a 10 minute wait at 9:30am. GO EARLY!

OK, on to the food. We got hungry around 10:30am for snacks so we got the kids PB&J (uncrustables – yum), DH had a grilled chicken wrap, I had a garden salad with hummus and pita rounds – DD shared this with me. She loved the hummus and hated the PB&J. She is a foodie in the making!

We spent a lot of time in Future World then walked around WS. I sampled the beef empanada from Argentina with the chardonnay. Excellent!

I got a glass of Two Princess Riesling in Germany. SO good!

DH and I got rice stuffed grape leaves from Turkey. It was ok.

I got the goat cheese pastry in France along with sparkling pomegranate kir. Delicious.

Dinner tonight was at Boma – we arrived ½ an hour early for our ressie which was at 7:40pm, and we were seated promptly at 7:40pm. The kids played on the playground while we waited.

Boma, as usual, gets two HUGE thumbs up! This is one of our FAVORITES and did not disappoint. I had the carrot-ginger soup (which I could live on), falafel, salmon, boboti (my DH’s favorite), kokonut rice (that is how it was spelled), prime rib, couscous and so much more. The kids had pasta and meatballs, chicken and some mac and cheese. Desserts were zebra domes, mango mousse tartlettes (my favorite!), flourless chocolate cake, strawberry tart, cookies and my DH got a birthday platter of cookies and truffles.
CIMG1161.jpg

We love Boma and WILL return!

That night I found a plate of chocolate truffles in my room that my DH had sent to me. Thanks, sweetie!
CIMG1166.jpg

Sunday October 1, 2006:

Breakfast was quick in our room again. The kids had cereal and I had a plain croissant (I only eat croissants on vacation – man they’re GOOD)!

Then we were off to MK. We had lunch at Pecos Bills. Cheeseburger for me, hamburger for DH and the kids sloppy joe for DD. DS ate applesauce and grapes, but not much else. We love Pecos, but they no longer have the cheese sauce that I loved to dip my fries in. Oh well, didn’t need the cholesterol and fat anyway!

Dinner tonight was at ‘Ohana. We took my cousin out to dinner with us b/c he is at WDW right now working through the College Program. We enjoyed our meal here, but it’s just not the same since they changed the menu. The brought out a mixed greens salad which was very good and wonton chips (these are the same wonton chips you can get at a Chinese restaurant). Then they brought out shrimp and sticky wings. They were fine – nothing stellar, but good. Then came the meats. The steak was the best and my DD and I ate mostly steak. The pork was ok and the turkey was good. I didn’t eat the sausage because mine was cold and that made me nervous. The potatoes au gratin was delicious. DD and I finished the whole plate of it ourselves. Dessert was EXCELLENT. I really liked the bread pudding and caramel sauce. They also brought us some pineapple chunks b/c my DH is lactose intolerant.

I wish they would keep the dessert and potatoes, but bring back the wontons and the old shrimp. We probably won’t return to ‘Ohana for a LONG time.

Here are pictures of a Mickey Dome cake I ordered for my DH's birthday and the milk and cookies that GF Private Dining offers. This was sent to our room around 9pm on 10/1. The Mickey cake was very good and my DS LOVED the cookies and milk! The milk and cookies is $10.00 per order - 3 cookies and a glass of milk. The Mickey cake was $14.00 I think.
IMG_3698.jpg

IMG_3697.jpg

Monday October 2, 2006:

Today we got room service for breakfast. I ordered the continental which was a basket of pastries, fresh fruit, juice and coffee. I also got an order of toast and Mickey waffles along with milk for the kids. It was VERY nice having a leisurely breakfast in our room and I highly recommend doing this at least once! The pastries were croissants, muffins and apple-danish and cheese-danish. The coffee was very good. It was just really special having someone bring you your breakfast, set your table and all. I’m giving my kids a taste of the sweet life!
IMG_3705.jpg

IMG_3706.jpg

IMG_3707.jpg

I do have pictures of this. I’ll post soon!

We went to MGM and had lunch at the Flatbread Grill. I had the grilled chicken Caesar pita. Very good, but a little heavy on the dressing. DD had a hot dog. DS had popcorn and an uncrustable and DH had the bbq pork sandwich. This was very good. I was surprised! We have never seen this spot open before and it was a nice change of pace.

Dinner was Liberty Tree Tavern!!! By far, this was my favorite meal! It is a true Thanksgiving Feast. Salad and fresh rolls with butter (no more honey-butter, though). Turkey, ham and flank steak, stuffing, mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese and green beans. Dessert was a hot apple cobbler with vanilla ice cream. Thoroughly delicious and we will return next year before MNSSHP!!! It’s great seeing the characters in costume!!!

Tuesday October 3, 2006:

Our last day (sniff, sniff). I brought breakfast up again. Another egg and cheese croissant, a kids egg platter and kids Mickey waffles. (Do you see a trend?).

Then we were off to the MK one more time before heading home. We went back to the GF early and were able to have lunch at the GF Café. Very good meal. I had the angus cheeseburger, DH had the grilled chicken sandwich, DS had chicken fingers and DD had the kids pizza. I wanted to try the chocolate fondue, but I was too full!!!

The kids got Mickey Bars before heading to our Magical Express bus. I had to throw ½ of DD”s Mickey Bar away b/c the bus pulled up before she could finish it. So……….I owe her a Mickey bar!!!

We ate a lot over the 4 ½ days we were in WDW. But we hit all of our favorites and discovered the GF Café, which both DH and I agree that we will return to.

Hope you enjoyed the report. I will be adding some pictures later in the week!!!

Great report. Hope you're writing a TR as well. I am sooooo jealous. Twice in just a few months!!!!

Thanks for the reviews. Very nice.

My DH and I were at Boma the same night and time you were. What a "Small World"!!! :)

Just a quick question... are the green beans at LTT fresh or from a can?? enjoyed the report thanks

from the reports Ive read about LTT (green beans not being soggy etc... I think they couldnt possibly be canned. Which also have a distinctively different taste than fresh and even frozen. If they were canned, someone would have noticed and passed the info along) I have, however read about the food being similar to Stouffers, esp the mac and cheese (no prob for me) :thumbsup2

What? No more cheese at the Pecos Bill fixin' bar? I was just there on 9/1 and had more than my fair share! Please tell me it's not gone!!??

What? No more cheese at the Pecos Bill fixin' bar? I was just there on 9/1 and had more than my fair share! Please tell me it's not gone!!??

I know! Now, I'm not 100% sure it is gone. I asked my DH to go to the fixins bar and get it for me, so it may still be there and he just didn't see it. Hmmmmmm, this should be interesting. Shall we post on the restaurant board to get soon-to-be Disney visitors to check this out??

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

scanne said:
I know! Now, I'm not 100% sure it is gone. I asked my DH to go to the fixins bar and get it for me, so it may still be there and he just didn't see it. Hmmmmmm, this should be interesting. Shall we post on the restaurant board to get soon-to-be Disney visitors to check this out??
My DD and I are going on Oct 27th and will investigate the cheese mystery!!

Great reviews and pictures, thanks for posting. Your kids are so cute! :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter