Disney did a wonderful thing for my family!

Cherry

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
As many of you know, my husband passed away last August. He was such a big Disney fan that I asked the people at the cemetery if we could have some kind of Disney symbol placed on his grave marker. They thought that we could, and wrote asking for permission. We got a very nice letter back from Disney saying that, "Generations of people have responded to our characters with wonder and delight. We have strived to preserve the same innocence and magic surrounding our characters that brought this family such joy. For that reason, we follow a policy that began with Walt Disney himself that does not permit the use of characters on headstones or other cemetery markers." We understood totally.

Yesterday in the mail I received a 16 x 20 handpainted cel, framed and matted. It's a beautiful picture of Mickey, standing, looking at the following words painted in calligraphy,

For Joshua,

Thank you for letting us share in the magic of your life.

Your friends at the Walt Disney Company

I was so touched and, of course, it brought tears to my eyes. My husband would just love it. It will have a place of honor in our house. Just wanted to share a nice thing with you on Thanksgiving.

Cherry

OK... just what I needed today.....open the flood gates, I am bawling....

Just when you think you have read it all or seen it all, they surpass themselves again with the "Magic." Hugs to you Cherry... and to your family this Thanksgiving...

That is beautiful. Can you post a photo of it?

Yup, tears here too.

Virgo10, I wanted to post a photo, but I'm not sure how to do it. I've got a digital camera, so I can take a picture. If someone could PM me instructions on how to post it, I would really like you all to see it.

That was wonderful of them to do. What a wonderfully kind thing to do in order to honor your husband.

Wow, what a lovely tribute to your husband.

Thanks for sharing, your post brought tears to my eyes.

:grouphug: to you and your family.

Quasar

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter