Disney Daughter Sweet 16

darthbrazen

Earning My Ears
My daughter wants to celebrate her birthday at WDW. So we decided that her Sweet 16 would be a great opportunity to surprise her. So now, I'm wondering what else I can do to make it awesome? We've done the Hoop Dee Doo, Wishes Desserts, Cinderella's Table. So I'd like to find some type of new experience to celebrate. There is also a large possibility that she will have a friend going with us.

So what ideas come to mind for an unbelievable surprise for her Birthday for a Sweet 16?

We had a beautiful flower arrangement delivered for our daughter. Then we surprised her with an amazing custom cake at our California Grill adventure. Also, if your daughter's friend is also 16, you could book Keys to the Kingdom tour as long as it was on or after her birthday.

• A private fireworks cruise
  • Ultimate Day of Thrills tour
  • or take a look at the list of available tours and find one that suits her interests and your budget.
  • If she's into a particular culture, have dinner at the Epcot restaurant (for example, in high school, I was obsessed with the idea of going to Paris and would have loved a chance to practice my French at Chefs de France; we ate at Teppan Edo with a Bat Mitzvah girl who loved Japanese pop culture)
  • Maybe with the flowers suggested by pp, a tiara and sweet 16 sash to wear in parks

Would she(they) like parasailing? The Duval water sports behind the contemporary offers it and it looks really cool. I know you can go tandem so her and her friend could go together. We have also rented a boat from the WL and gone out on the lake, it was very fun.

Would she(they) like parasailing? The Duval water sports behind the contemporary offers it and it looks really cool. I know you can go tandem so her and her friend could go together. We have also rented a boat from the WL and gone out on the lake, it was very fun.
I thought about looking into that, but then I'm a bit concerned with the gator problem they have down there right now.
We had a beautiful flower arrangement delivered for our daughter. Then we surprised her with an amazing custom cake at our California Grill adventure. Also, if your daughter's friend is also 16, you could book Keys to the Kingdom tour as long as it was on or after her birthday.

Love the Cake Idea! I'll have to see if her friend will be 16, I can't remember when her friend's B-Day is. Gonna check with her mom.

• A private fireworks cruise
  • Ultimate Day of Thrills tour
  • or take a look at the list of available tours and find one that suits her interests and your budget.
  • If she's into a particular culture, have dinner at the Epcot restaurant (for example, in high school, I was obsessed with the idea of going to Paris and would have loved a chance to practice my French at Chefs de France; we ate at Teppan Edo with a Bat Mitzvah girl who loved Japanese pop culture)
  • Maybe with the flowers suggested by pp, a tiara and sweet 16 sash to wear in parks
Love the Tiara idea, she'd get a kick out of that. I'm sure I would have to refer to her as Her Highness throughout the day.... LOL

We just celebrated our DDs 21st birthday in DW. We surprised her and had 4 of her friends join us and we all had matching shirts. She had a sash and a tiara. We had dinner at BOG because that is where she wanted to eat. We also ordered a cake and it was delicious. We spent a lot of the time meeting many characters. She had such a special day and we all had a blast. We made a video from her birthday trip - it is the most recent video in my signature.

We once did the Pirates & Pals Fireworks Voyage and loved it - that would be special for your DD and Happy Sweet 16 to your daughter. That is so much fun.

Sounds interesting.. is there an age restriction on that one?
Guests under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a participating adult (18 years of age or older).
  • Participants must be 8 years of age or older and at least 48 inches (122 cm) tall.
  • Participants must be between 45 and 300 lbs. with the harness gear on. The safety harnesses used for this experience may prohibit Guests of certain body shapes or sizes from participating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter