Disney Cruise Line: Simulated Test Sailings With Volunteers Beginning June 29

CDC has updated status of the 3 Disney ships again. The Dream was moved from "approved for simulated" to Simulated. My assumption is it will remain at that status until approved to sail by the CDC and then will become "Restricted" meaning it is approved for restricted (under 95%) cruises.

I almost posted something similar, but then I looked and saw that the MSC Meraviglia did the same after completing its test cruise around the same time so I figured it was best not to read too much into it.

Hopefully it flips over to "(approved for restricted)" soon.

Has anyone seen anything on what DCL's stance is on full vaccination with mixed vaccines doses? Some cruise lines have said it's fine as long as you have two, some say two MNRA are fine no matter which ones, some are saying that a Vector Vaccine like Astra Zeneca followed by an MNRA are NOT considered vaccinated. We've really mixed things up here in Canada....really hoping it doesn't mess up our chance to cruise.

Has anyone seen anything on what DCL's stance is on full vaccination with mixed vaccines doses? Some cruise lines have said it's fine as long as you have two, some say two MNRA are fine no matter which ones, some are saying that a Vector Vaccine like Astra Zeneca followed by an MNRA are NOT considered vaccinated. We've really mixed things up here in Canada....really hoping it doesn't mess up our chance to cruise.
They’ve not said anything at all yet unfortunately (and nothing to infer from the UK sailings as people generally can’t mix vaccines there).

They’ve not said anything at all yet unfortunately (and nothing to infer from the UK sailings as people generally can’t mix vaccines there).
Actually they have been mixing vaccines in the UK and other parts of Europe. And since AZ is the main vaccine in the UK I'd say Europe DCL cruises should be fine for next year. It's the US based cruises that are saying those of us who mixed are not fully vaccinated 🙄🤦 And Royal and Princess seem to have reversed their stance on it. As with everything else in this Pandemic, things change every day.

Actually they have been mixing vaccines in the UK and other parts of Europe. And since AZ is the main vaccine in the UK I'd say Europe DCL cruises should be fine for next year. It's the US based cruises that are saying those of us who mixed are not fully vaccinated 🙄🤦 And Royal and Princess seem to have reversed their stance on it. As with everything else in this Pandemic, things change every day.
I’m in the UK - the only time you can mix vaccines is in the event of a bad reaction to AZ. Otherwise it’s expressly not allowed by the Government at present.

The guidance on the UK sailings doesn’t specify anything about type or mixing, the only caveat is that you have to be 7 days after your second dose which is based (but not strictly following) health guidance here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter