Disney Cruise Castaway Cay Wedding 12-1-07!

tradster2007

Earning My Ears
First of all can I just say how exciting it is to find a place like this where people can share these wonderful moments?!?! I thought I was the only person in the world as excited about my wedding, but it actually makes me feel less crazy to know there are others out there!!!

I haven't read about any cruise line weddings yet in this forum, but I've definitely enjoyed the WDW reports people have posted. The funny thing is, I live in Orlando. And I bought my dress from Sue at Carolyn Allen's before I knew anything about what she had done for other people (steaming and tuxes, etc). Her shop is literally 5 minutes from my house and I just happened to go in there one day and meet her. She is absolutely amazing and I would recommend her to ANYONE and EVERYONE!!

I have been with my fiance for 8 years and I always knew that we were going to get married in the gazebo in the Yacht Club. I just knew that's what I wanted. So when he proposed to me on my birthday last year in that gazebo, I was over the moon!! Unfortunately, I really didn't realize the cost associated with it and knew that the intimate wedding was just not big enough for the people we wanted to come. I talked to a friend who had done the cruise wedding and since DCL is my absolute favorite vacation EVER (been on 3 - not much compared to some people on dis, but still ok!) I started looking into it.

Right now we have 35 people and 11 staterooms booked for our Castaway Cay wedding!! Unfortunately I am a HUGE procrastinator. I have so many things I want to do, but Disney is really taking care of everything with the ceremony. I want to create a "Wedding Navigator" newsletter and gift bags for everyone coming, but my creative juices are just not flowing. Bill and I are very sarcastic, witty people and we want things to reflect our personality. We were thinking that one of the gift bag items could be a Pirates of the Caribbean Disney Dollar in a ziploc bag with some sand - cause it would be a "sand dollar" - that's the kind of people we are. But I'm having trouble with ideas. Any ideas from anyone who has already done the Disney wedding??? Or a beach wedding?

Thanks again for taking the time to share your stories. I've had a great time this evening and have felt like I was there for many of the ceremonies!!

First of all can I just say how exciting it is to find a place like this where people can share these wonderful moments?!?! I thought I was the only person in the world as excited about my wedding, but it actually makes me feel less crazy to know there are others out there!!!

I haven't read about any cruise line weddings yet in this forum, but I've definitely enjoyed the WDW reports people have posted. The funny thing is, I live in Orlando. And I bought my dress from Sue at Carolyn Allen's before I knew anything about what she had done for other people (steaming and tuxes, etc). Her shop is literally 5 minutes from my house and I just happened to go in there one day and meet her. She is absolutely amazing and I would recommend her to ANYONE and EVERYONE!!

I have been with my fiance for 8 years and I always knew that we were going to get married in the gazebo in the Yacht Club. I just knew that's what I wanted. So when he proposed to me on my birthday last year in that gazebo, I was over the moon!! Unfortunately, I really didn't realize the cost associated with it and knew that the intimate wedding was just not big enough for the people we wanted to come. I talked to a friend who had done the cruise wedding and since DCL is my absolute favorite vacation EVER (been on 3 - not much compared to some people on dis, but still ok!) I started looking into it.

Right now we have 35 people and 11 staterooms booked for our Castaway Cay wedding!! Unfortunately I am a HUGE procrastinator. I have so many things I want to do, but Disney is really taking care of everything with the ceremony. I want to create a "Wedding Navigator" newsletter and gift bags for everyone coming, but my creative juices are just not flowing. Bill and I are very sarcastic, witty people and we want things to reflect our personality. We were thinking that one of the gift bag items could be a Pirates of the Caribbean Disney Dollar in a ziploc bag with some sand - cause it would be a "sand dollar" - that's the kind of people we are. But I'm having trouble with ideas. Any ideas from anyone who has already done the Disney wedding??? Or a beach wedding?

Thanks again for taking the time to share your stories. I've had a great time this evening and have felt like I was there for many of the ceremonies!!

Oh I love the "sand dollar" idea. Oh I just had a fun idea. How about putting all of their welcome bag things in a bottle. I have seen large bottles with cork lids. I would have to look and see where I found them. Disney flip flops would be fun too. There is alot of summer things on sale at disneyshopping. You should take alook.

Congratulations and welcome!! How exciting to have a DCL wedding! Are you having the ceremony on CC or the ship? I can't wait to hear all about it... DF and I got engaged at Castaway Cay in March and will be getting married at SBP in December. Please keep us posted on your planning and I'll be looking for an awesome DCL wedding TR!! :yay:

YAY!! We are wedding twins!!! I am getting married December 1st 2007 too!! But I will be at Disneyland. Can't wait to hear more about a cruise wedding.

Oh I love the "sand dollar" idea. Oh I just had a fun idea. How about putting all of their welcome bag things in a bottle. I have seen large bottles with cork lids. I would have to look and see where I found them. Disney flip flops would be fun too. There is alot of summer things on sale at disneyshopping. You should take alook.

I liked the sand dollar thing too!! Hadn't thought of a bottle idea - that might definitely be something to look into. Thanks for the tip!

Congratulations and welcome!! How exciting to have a DCL wedding! Are you having the ceremony on CC or the ship? I can't wait to hear all about it... DF and I got engaged at Castaway Cay in March and will be getting married at SBP in December. Please keep us posted on your planning and I'll be looking for an awesome DCL wedding TR!! :yay:

Congratulations on your engagement!!! My very good friend just got married at SBP at 12:34 on 05/06/07 (gotta love it). Her experience was great!! December is a great time to get married in Florida!! Great weather and no rain!! We are getting married on Castaway Cay. It's at 10 am which is great because we go back to the ship for mimosa's and cake and then back to the island for cabana massages!! Really couldn't ask for a better day!!! If I ever get my navigator figured out I will post it. I will probably still be doing it the night before we get on the ship! Thanks and good luck to you as well!!

YAY!! We are wedding twins!!! I am getting married December 1st 2007 too!! But I will be at Disneyland. Can't wait to hear more about a cruise wedding.

That's awesome!!! I've only been to Disneyland once - where is your ceremony? I would love to have a rehearsal dinner or a reception at Blue Bayou. And we picked days that the husbands will easily remember! I love anniversaries on the first day of the month! We celebrate the beginning of our relationship on June 1st, so I figure this way I can have 2 anniversaries a year! Which will have to be Disney cruises to commemorate our wedding. I figured all that out and planned it ahead of time! I would love to hear more about Disneyland!

Oh yeah - and my name is Kimberly too!! I go by Kimi - but what are the odds????

That's awesome!!! I've only been to Disneyland once - where is your ceremony? I would love to have a rehearsal dinner or a reception at Blue Bayou. And we picked days that the husbands will easily remember! I love anniversaries on the first day of the month! We celebrate the beginning of our relationship on June 1st, so I figure this way I can have 2 anniversaries a year! Which will have to be Disney cruises to commemorate our wedding. I figured all that out and planned it ahead of time! I would love to hear more about Disneyland!

:love: We started dating on June 1st!

Sand Dollar :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Thats classic.

Are you sending invitations? Our original invitations read "With joy in our hearts and sand between our toes, we Cyndi and Kevin, along with our parents, request your presence at............" Just an idea.
You MUST do the sand dollar idea. Thats just too funny!

oh my, I LOVE your wedding details!! A cruise/Castaway Cay wedding - priceless!! the sand dollars is a fabulous idea - definitely do that! and I think Laura's idea of the bottle would be great if you could pull it off! other welcome bag idea's could include : canvas totes , flip flops, spare water bottle, sun care kit , possibly snorkels ( if you can get them for a good price ), and I think that's about all I've come up with - oh yeah, custom door hangers for each guests room - with a wedding motif!

anyway, keep us in the know - I'm really looking forward to seeing more!

Michelle :cloud9:

Congratulations!! I'm excited to hear more about your wedding, especially since I've never been on a DCL cruise. I've heard that you can get message-in-a-bottle wedding invitations. I don't have a link or anything, but it might be something to look into...

Your wedding sounds like it's going to be so much fun! A cruise wedding sounds like a dream :goodvibes I cannot wait to hear all the details! The sand dollar idea is too cute!

Yay!! A Castaway Cay Wedding!! Welcome to the club!

I was married there in October of 2004. Please ask me any questions you have.

Here is what the Cruise Terminal Wedding looks like
DCLWedding1.jpg

Here is the Castaway Cay Wedding (at Heads Up Bar)
DCLWedding2.jpg

And here is the reception at Palo
DCLWedding3.jpg

DCLWedding1.jpg

DCLWedding2.jpg

DCLWedding3.jpg

beautiful....i would love to see more....would you mind starting a thread so we could peek!!!

DCLWedding1.jpg

DCLWedding2.jpg

DCLWedding3.jpg

Thank you so much for sharing the pictures! Another friend of mine got married in Dec. 2004, but I had never seen pictures from the Port before!! I had no idea they decorated it like that! Thanks for sharing!!

They told me that my reception would be in the Cadillac Lounge (she didn't mention anything about Palo - I will have to ask)

Thanks to everyone for the other ideas! I had never heard of the message in the bottle invitations. Love the sound of that!! I'm slightly obsessed with POTC so we were thinking of doing treasure map invitations with a map of Castaway Cay - but the bottles also sounds cool. I'm also very excited that the Flying Dutchman will also be in the background of my wedding pix.

Thanks also for the idea about the door hangers. We could make really cool magnets for everyone.

Another great thing I heard from my friend who got married in Dec. 2004 is that they ship is already decorated for the holidays. She had a beautiful picture of her and her husband on the ship in front of the decorated staircase - and you can get photo Christmas cards made on the ship during that time of year - SOOO hopefully I will get those taken care of as well!

I'm trying to start work on the "wedding" navigator now. Wanted it to be a companion to the navigator that you get in the stateroom everyday, but all about the wedding party and times and places for the groups to meet. For example, we were gonna plan a girls day in the Rainforest in the Spa and a Ping Pong tournamen for the guys. I have already created one page for it that has the diagrams of the individual decks of the ships with the pictures of the people staying in the room pointing to their room on the diagram. We have people on Decks 6, 7, and 8 though so I'm trying to figure out how to fit it all in. I've been sitting around for the past 10 months thinking I didn't have to do anything for my wedding and now it's only 4 months away and I'm realizing I'm way behind!!

Thank you everyone for your ideas and advice. Keep it coming!!

Congratulations! I'm really excited to hear about a wedding on DCL. I have no idea what all the options are. How unique!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter