Disney Crowds- 4th of July

grumpy28

DIS Veteran
Hey all. How are the crowds at DW the last week in june through a bit after july 4th? TIA

One guidebook describes it as "Nightmare on Main Street" :eek: and I would have to agree. We will probably never do that again! :)

But I guess I'd rather be at Disney World with the crowds, the heat and the longer lines than anywhere else! :-)

If it's the only time you can go - then go. But if you have flexibility... there are better choices.

We are going June 24 through July 1st. Most of the days are listed as 9 out of 10 for crowd levels on the UG website. :scared1:

We're going June 22 - July 4, I go home on the 4th of July, we watch the fireworks on the 3rd of July. I was there last year for the first two weeks of July and yes it is very packed. We spent a lot more time at the BC and went to the parks after a late lunch and took advantage of the late nights. On the 3rd of July (I think) the MK was open till 3AM, we stood till 2AM and got on all the major rides. There were so many families with small children, some awake and some sleeping in their strollers, so we didn't feel out of place with our little ones. Where else can you enjoy late hours with your children, only in WDW. The next morning we slept in and saw the fireworks at Epcot :cloud9: If you really must or have your heart set on that time of year, plan your day out well, stay for late hours and this year we paln to try EMH, and expect to wait for some rides and skip others.

Hope this helps, good luck, I rather be in WDW with crowds then at home for the 4th of July.

On our first trip we went for a week over the 4th.

Oh my hot, and crowded.

Never again...

We went last year at the 4th of July. We followed the tourguidemike advice and had a GREAT time. On the 4th of July itself, we rode Expedition Everest twice with less than 10 minute wait each time. We also did everything else at AK and were back at the hotel in early afternoon. Then we went to our reservations at Kona Cafe for dinner and watched the MK fireworks that night from the Poly beach.

We had a great trip that entire week. Tourguide mike made a big difference!! It was hot, of course, but we swam or napped every afternoon during the hottest part. And we saw/did more on this trip than we have ever done - even with the afternoon breaks!

Maggie

Went last year July 2-10. NEVER AGAIN! I didn't mind the heat, but the crowds were HORRIBLE. Of course I didn't expect it to be any other way. :thumbsup2 I just wanted to be there for my b-day at least once. :wizard:

The MK is terrible on the 4th, but we have been in 2005 and 2006 starting around the 4th and staying after and it hasn't been any worse than going in June/August/other times in July. . . kids will be out of school and such, but if you plan right and maybe even use TGM you would be ok :)

We went last year for the 4th July.
It wasnt as bad as it sounds in my opinion. There was a 40 min wait for POTC, but that was really the only 'problem' we had.
Everything still worked, it was still disney, you can still breathe.
I say go and enjoy it, the fireworks are fab. =D
You might have a bit of trouble getting an ADR now, but theres still the counter-service restaurants which are above what you would expect for counter-service food.

It's not as bad as everyone is saying. We have went the 1st 2 weeks in July for the last 9 years and this will be the 10th. Yes, it is hot and crowded. However, if you have an itinerary of EMH, ADR's & must do's it's GREAT! The lines are a tad bit longer but, the parks are open much later. I like this time of the year...you can ride the water rides and dry within a few minutes. We arrive on 7/1 @ 10am and Magic Kingdom is open until 3 am. So, we plan on grabbing lunch and look around a bit. Then take a nap and head over to MK and stay until 3 am. Now how cool is that?:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I can't wait...36 DAYS AND COUNTING!

Have A Great Trip!

We've also done WDW just after the 4th and I don't think that it's THAT bad. Yes, it's hot, humid and crowded. But the parks are open longer, shows like Fantasmic! and Spectromagic run more often, and the attractions with multiple tracks have them all open to move the lines more quickly.

We take plenty of water and a MistyMate. We tour the parks as soon as they open, use FastPass to our advantage and get indoors before the afternoon heat sets in. At sunset, we return to touring the parks. If you think like a Florida resident and avoid the heat of the middle of the day, you should be okay.

While it's not my favorite time of year to go to WDW, it still beats a week in Philly.

Our friends are going the week of the 4th of July and have asked us to tag along. Airfare just dropped to $44/one way but I hate the heat. Just how hot is it? I have been there in early June but never in the middle of the summer. How crowded are the water parks? Should we go?:confused3

ETA: I forgot I was there in July, 4 years ago for a Disney wedding. I think I was so busy that I don't remember the weather....

For $88 bucks for a flight I can put up with almost anything! I am SO there! :-)

Our friends are going the week of the 4th of July and have asked us to tag along. Airfare just dropped to $44/one way but I hate the heat. Just how hot is it? I have been there in early June but never in the middle of the summer. How crowded are the water parks? Should we go?
Think of temperatures in the low to mid 90's with high humidity. It can be draining.

I say "GO"! There are ways to work around the heat (indoor attractions, touring during the early morning and evening, stay hydrated). Let's face it, a hot day at Disney still beats an average day at home.

Regarding the waterparks - wait until after the afternoon thunderstorm clears the waterparks out. Most people won't return and you'll be able to pick any lounge chair you want.

I can't wait...36 DAYS AND COUNTING!

Have A Great Trip!

Hey... We'll be there at the same time! We are arriving on June 30th & staying until July 10th! Last year we went from 6/19-6/27 so I'm wondering how much more crowded & hot it will be with the 10 day or so difference:confused3

I'd just make a plan to avoid the hottest time of the day and enjoy yourselves. We tend to take afternoon naps or swims at the resort before returning in the evening.

Has anyone gone the week after? We are going to be there July8th-13th. When I called to make ADRs today, the CM actually asked me when I wanted to dine. There was availability most any time. I know it isn't free dining time, but I was surprised it was that easy to get a ressie.

Does any one know how the crowds are the 8th-13th? Is it at least lighter than July 4th week?

With plannning, the week of July 4th isn't too bad. Yes, it's hot, humid, and crowded. Get to the parks early, take a mid-day break, and stay hydrated.:)

The problem with saying take afternoon naps and swim by the pool etc is that we normally Disney Commando. I don't know if we would know what to do slowly:rotfl: (I laugh but I'm serious). Still haven't made any decisions yet. Thanks for the advice.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter