Disney+ coming in November @ $6.99 per month/$69.99 per year

I'm interested, will likely try it out. I'm interested to see which of the older titles from the Disney library will be available. I know people expect "everything" but I'm skeptical about that.

I don't think we'll see "everything" right away, but I think it will be gradually introduced. The nice thing though is that once it is made available it should likely never go away.

I thought I heard it’s everything in the vault too. Is that true? $6.99 is way cheaper than I thought it would be. I’m surprised.
In the announcement they said they are going to walk before they run. There will be a slow roll out of content. They are actually launching with less content then Netflix launched with.

I watched the presentation, it was pretty impressive. They are rolling out just about everything, with new movies as well like Lady and the Tramp live, plus a new Star War show. Plus you can download anything and rewatch as long as you subscribe.

Once I get Disney+, I will fully expect Netflix to drop their price by $3 a month due to no longer having any Disney content. Of course they won't do this, so I will almost certainly be dropping them by December.

Yeah, getting a huge company to lower their prices is like pulling teeth, LOL. In fact, Netflix just RAISED prices a couple months ago supposedly in order to double down on their commitment to creating original content. But that's the current problem I have with Netflix. They now seem to be heck-bent on creating all of their own content so they don't have to pay licensing fees. I mean, they have some good originals, but they're not all great, and as a whole I prefer the non-original stuff. Having a huge decrease in licensed content is going to come back to bite them once Disney+ rolls out the big guns (aka Fox library). I hope they have a plan.

That being sad, I have no interest in Disney+ at this time. I have a huge collection of Disney DVDs (including Disney Treasures), Pixar, and Star Wars. Couldn't care less about Marvel anymore. If that's all they've got, then I'll be Netflix loyal for the foreseeable future.

I'm very interested in Disney+ and super bummed they haven't yet announced even a Canadian release date let alone pricing... I might have to drop another subscription service to pick this one up (probably CBS all access as I just started it this month and see myself running through their options I'm interested in fairly quickly)

I think the kids can turn us into CPS if we don't have this service.
We have an insane Disney collection including every Pixar, Marvel and Star Wars movie all in triplicate- Blu-ray, DVD and Digital- and my kids have made it known we MUST have this. Honestly before the announcement I thought I would pass but for $70 a year it moves into the “what the heck, why not” category.

Very excited for this. I am going to gift this to a friend of mine for a Christmas/Birthday gift too.

I’m in just for the Jeff Goldblum show.

Sure, I have everything Disney has put out - even have Song of the South. But this is about the new content for our family. We will be customers for sure.

I plan to wait until next summer before pulling the trigger on this one. There are other shows I want to watch right now such as Cobra Kai Season 2 on YouTube and Discovery Season 2 on CBS All Access. I'm about to start the second half of Sabrina on Netflix.

Until these streaming services have new content coming out every month that I want to watch, I'll get them for a month, watch the content I want and then cancel.

Nope. Not doing another service. I have netflix and amazon and so I refuse to do another. Just like CBS plus, whatever seemingly cool shows they have will simply remain unseen by me.

I have to see how much of the “vault” ( Song of the South, unedited Mickey Mouse Club, etc) is actually going to be there before I commit. Otherwise I’ll watch my DVDs as long as I’m able. I’m really only interested in Walt era programming and animation.

If Song of the South is on there, I suggest watching in the first week. PC folks will dive in and demand it get removed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter