Disney+ coming in November @ $6.99 per month/$69.99 per year

ThisIsJason

DIS Veteran
All Star Wars movies, 18 Pixar movies, 30 seasons of The Simpsons all on day one, plus more, in HD and 4K if available.

I will be getting the year subscription as soon as it is available.

Edit: November 12th is the date.

Last edited:
It'll probably only be $6.99 for a very short period, just to entice people to try it, and until they get a more substantial library up and running. Once they have people on the hook they'll start raising the price.

Loki series starring Tom Hiddleston and Captain Marvel at launch, plus the new Star Wars live action series. Ill be signing up for the year, thats a steal

I have to see how much of the “vault” ( Song of the South, unedited Mickey Mouse Club, etc) is actually going to be there before I commit. Otherwise I’ll watch my DVDs as long as I’m able. I’m really only interested in Walt era programming and animation.

Sounds great. I’m in. Be nice if they sign a agreement with Xfinity where the app is right on Xfinity just like Netflix and amazon prime.

Look, they had to knock this out of the park to compete with Netflix...and they did! It looks phenomonal, and the price is quite welcome. I can see all of my free time evaporating!

They could have charged a lot more per month and I probably would have still signed up just to see if I liked it. At $6.99 I will definitely be signing up.

I thought I heard it’s everything in the vault too. Is that true? $6.99 is way cheaper than I thought it would be. I’m surprised.
They confirmed there would no longer be a ‘vault’ so I’m asssuming everything will be there all the time.

It'll probably only be $6.99 for a very short period, just to entice people to try it, and until they get a more substantial library up and running. Once they have people on the hook they'll start raising the price.
That’s exactly the plan, but I’d say it will be at least 2-3 years before the first price bump, and by then... the market will change, there will be lots of new competition etc... so who knows.

Remember that as opposed to Neflix & others, Disney has way more monetization options on the back end so they can allow lower prices.

In 3-5 years I think the main competitor won’t be Netflix anymore, but probably Amazon Prime, which will also try to keep prices low (and also has a back end to rely on for profits).

I'm interested, will likely try it out. I'm interested to see which of the older titles from the Disney library will be available. I know people expect "everything" but I'm skeptical about that.

That’s exactly the plan, but I’d say it will be at least 2-3 years before the first price bump, and by then... the market will change, there will be lots of new competition etc... so who knows.

Remember that as opposed to Neflix & others, Disney has way more monetization options on the back end so they can allow lower prices.

In 3-5 years I think the main competitor won’t be Netflix anymore, but probably Amazon Prime, which will also try to keep prices low (and also has a back end to rely on for profits).

I have Netflix and amazon prime like lots of people do. The only reason I have amazon prime is for the shipping part. Netflix is a lot better than amazon prime. Amazon prime is way behind Netflix. If they do eventually get more it will be because of everything else you get with amazon not the tv part.

I have Netflix and amazon prime like lots of people do. The only reason I have amazon prime is for the shipping part. Netflix is a lot better than amazon prime. Amazon prime is way behind Netflix. If they do eventually get more it will be because of everything else you get with amazon not the tv part.

Amazon only started to get serious about Prive Video just now, they are starting to really invest in content and it seems like they might do it a lot better than Netflix.

Netflix otoh, will probably lose most of The unoriginal content currently keeping subscribers - Friends, The Office, and of course anything Disney.

I’d be kinda worried if I was a Netflix investor.

Two Star Wars series: The Mandalorian and an untitled show about Diego Luna's character (Casian Andor) from Rogue One.

Four Marvel series which I won't enumerate here because it will spoil who makes it through Endgame alive.

I am 100% going to subscribe.

Here's a screen shot:

x82yrn15ppr21.jpg

Last edited:
Amazon only started to get serious about Prive Video just now, they are starting to really invest in content and it seems like they might do it a lot better than Netflix.

Netflix otoh, will probably lose most of The unoriginal content currently keeping subscribers - Friends, The Office, and of course anything Disney.

I’d be kinda worried if I was a Netflix investor.

Once I get Disney+, I will fully expect Netflix to drop their price by $3 a month due to no longer having any Disney content. Of course they won't do this, so I will almost certainly be dropping them by December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!