Disney Chase Card Sign up Bonus

Andreas Mom

Mouseketeer
Way back years ago, like 9 years ago, we took advantage of the chase card sign up bonus and got $200 disney gift card after first purchase....for us both! So yes we had $400 in gift cards without even doing much. So my question is....are there ever good deals like that now or is that a thing of the past. I've been holding out on reapplying for a card cause all I've found is a $50 one. Thanks!

There seem to be 2 ways to get the $200 gift card offer (after $500 spend in 3 months) on the no-fee card, and those are a referral and/or an offer in the mail.
You can get a $200 statement credit if you spend $500 on a Disney Premier ($49 AF). That offer can be found by going to Disney's website, scrolling all the way to the bottom where they have Related Disney Sites, and clicking on Disney Visa Card.

And then if you have the time before your trip one of you could get thecredit card and then refer the other and pocket an additional $50 gift card for referring someone!

Thanks for the info! I don't think I will make the $500 spending limit before we go but I'll look around and see if I can figure out a way. When we got the $200 each is was only after one use so I was hoping for that again but even the $50 is better than nothing :)

For anyone interested in the $200 gift card bonus after $500 spend (in 3 months) on the non-fee regular Disney Visa, there are Official Referral threads on Reddit (the churning sub) for pretty much every card you can think of including the Disney Visa. I clicked on a referral link just to check, and it was the non-fee card with $200 gift card after $500 spend. It's a good deal! I just put a few of my normal expenses on it this month and managed to make that requirement and get halfway through my $2000 requirement for Southwest too! I pay pretty much everything, even electric and water bills with the cards.

How long after you spend the $500 do you get the g.c? Do they wait for the billing period to end before processing?

If you can make the $3k spend in 90 days, the Barclay Arrival+ World Elite Mastercard is a better deal as it gives you 50,000 points (worth $500), but if you redeem that towards "travel" purchases you made, you get an extra 5% (yeah, $525 then).

We're doing that, and buying our Disney tickets on the card, and then we'll "erase" it with the points. (also getting Universal tickets as well so it's going to be close to $600 in tickets each).

But keep in mind that Chase (even the Disney card) is subject to the 5/24 rule, so if you're at 4/24, get the Chase card first, and then apply for the Barclay Card if you're interested.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter