Disney Channel/Playhouse Disney vent

lizzyb5280

Mouseketeer
So I understand the reasoning behind adjusting their schedule for the summer, cutting the Playhouse Disney programming off an hour earlier while kids are out of school. But seriously, the only time that Little Einsteins and Tigger & Pooh are airing are insanely early on Saturday and Sunday mornings?!? This stinks! While Jungle Junction & Chuggington are okay, I'd rather see LE and MFTP from 9-10 (central time here) than the other two. Or at least add MFTP to their On Demand offerings!

As a side note, I'd love to see them offer a 24-hr preschool channel like Nick and PBS have, to show both their old favorites (I miss Stanley and Rolie Polie Olie!) as well as some of the current stuff when Playhouse Disney is off the air. This would also help with relevancy issues of their in-park characters, such as the fact that Jojo is STILL appearing at H&V despite being off the air.

I agree completely with a 24-hr playhouse disney channel. I loved Rolie Polie Ollie and even PB&J Otter.

The 24 hour channel sounds great - I miss Bear in the Big Blue House!

And on a similar note, I really miss "Circle Time Story" on Radio Disney . . . :confused3

This is SO true....And what about Jojos circus? Disneyworld still has those characters but the kids don't see the shows.....repeats are good too!!

They just announced yesterday that they are removing Soap Net from the air to replace it with Disney Junior!

StitchKingdom has a great article on it, Tiger :)

Interesting article Tiger, thanks for sharing! It's exciting news, but I can't believe we have to wait until 2012 for it! I appreciate they want to produce some new shows for it, and that takes time, but until then they've got plenty of old classics they could pull out. Also, I'm not so sure about the Disney Junior name, it seems like too much of a copy of Nick Jr. I'd rather they keep the Playhouse Disney name, personally, or else come up with a name that's more distinctive. Cute logo, though, using the mouse ears to dot the "i".
Disney-Junior-160x78.jpg

I also agree they're on the right track ditching SOAPnet...with Hulu and Tivo and such, the need for SOAPnet is becoming irrelevant.

Here's the link to the full article for anyone else who wants to read:

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney...roup-announces-24-hour-channel-disney-junior/

I have watched Disney Channel though my childhood, my 2 much younger sisters childhood, and now with my 2 young daughters. I too love all the shows mentioned above. My girls are 5 and 7 and have to watch ( which I can't stand) Zach and Cody, Hannah Montana, Good Luck Charlie, and Wizards of Waverly Place. I would much rather they don't walk around the house acting, dressing like, or seeing that behavior. It's too much for me. A And the laugh track and sound bytes they add in the background is enough sensory overload for anyone!! It makes me crazy. And the reruns! Over and over. Ugh, So YES I agree... I would love to see all those cute shows who life span is cut too short return on one channel.

I didn't realize until this morning that they are currently ending Playhouse Disney at 9am ET! My four-year-old was watching and I was wondering why Mickey Mouse Clubhouse was on at 8am and 8:30am. Then we see at 9 the Ooh and Aah Bye Bye song comes on!

It's not like my four-year-old can't watch Phineas and Ferb at 9am, but it's not my favorite choice...it's just not the right level for him. So, we switch over to PBS Kids instead. Sorry, Disney, but what the heck?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter