Disney cakes not done by Disney professionals

EvilinaDM101

I LOVE Disney, Lilo and Stitch, Depeche Mode and m
I didn't see a thread for this but I thought it would be neat to see Disney themed cakes made by fellow DISers. My DH and I have made cakes for quite some time now for friends and family and we enjoy it very much. Here is what we have done!

Please post your pics here! It's always fun to see what others have made and it gives awesome inspiration and ideas for future cakes.

Here we go!!

a77ffffa.jpg

4a63db6d.jpg

b8571900.jpg

badcae28.jpg

5d710653.jpg

e794a077.jpg

582cb582.jpg

9b869a17.jpg

00bf4cb0.jpg

Nothing to contribute, but those are stunner cakes! You may not be professional in the sense of making money, but those are better than some I've seen by people who make their living at it. ;) I particularly like the castle. :goodvibes

How did you do Wall*E's eyes, though? :confused:

shalom said:
Nothing to contribute, but those are stunner cakes! You may not be professional in the sense of making money, but those are better than some I've seen by people who make their living at it. ;) I particularly like the castle. :goodvibes

How did you do Wall*E's eyes, though? :confused:

Thanks! The Wall-e eyes are foam covered in fondant. The rest including his treads are edible! :-)

Ok, I'll play :thumbsup2 I shared this earlier this year when I made them but here's mine.

photo.jpg

Oh wow okay my cakes are not up to par with some on here,but i've come along way the pics I'm gonna post are from quite a few yrs of a span so some r pretty old n some r more recent anyways here they come.......

SnowWhiteCake_zpsa44f6f8e.jpg

hannahCake_zps194c3547.jpg

HannahstarCake_zpsaa5a3858.jpg

MickeyCake_zps4e366566.jpg

SkellingtonCupcakes_zps5461e657.jpg

toystoryCake_zps30192ffe.jpg

TSCupcakes_zpsadba6a38.jpg

tiannaCake_zps9a68b67f.jpg

PrincessFrogCake_zps5757be1f.jpg

Chocolab23 said:
My dad and I made this one for my birthday two years ago:

I love it!! You are so talented!! I actually think the cake Perry looks more realistic than the soft toy Perry!! :)

Cheekypoppins- it wont let me quote your pictures so i shall say it here- These are fantastic! The Ariel one is so pretty but must have taken a lot of patience. The belle one is beautiful. They actually sell a belle cake similar to that but less elaborate in our supermarkets (yours looks way better!!!) :)

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

pharmama said:
Ok, I'll play :thumbsup2 I shared this earlier this year when I made them but here's mine.

Love these! How did you make the ears? And your Disney writing is amazing!

I love it!! You are so talented!! I actually think the cake Perry looks more realistic than the soft toy Perry!! :)

Cheekypoppins- it wont let me quote your pictures so i shall say it here- These are fantastic! The Ariel one is so pretty but must have taken a lot of patience. The belle one is beautiful. They actually sell a belle cake similar to that but less elaborate in our supermarkets (yours looks way better!!!) :)

Oh thank you so much!!

meggiebeth said:
Love these! How did you make the ears? And your Disney writing is amazing!

The ears are actually just cardboard wrapped in black fondant. I tried to make them out of rice Krispy treats but it did not go well. Someone suggested using cookies as a core for the fondant ears and I might try that if I make this cake again.

I cheated on the writing. I have the Disney font on my computer so I printed the names with that and then used a toothpick to transfer the lettering onto the cake with rows of dots (like a pounce wheel). Then I just followed the dots with my icing bag. :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Not strictly Disney but a Pink Princess Castle...

2013-03-20231718_zps9de59003.jpg

2013-03-21065637_zps4119fea1.jpg

And today's effort...

2013-03-23181207_zpsbb7228ad.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter