Disney Bus in accident

andrews_dad

DIS Veteran
Today near the Wide World of Sports. Two cars and a Diz Bus. Looks bad. Hope all are ok. Traffic snarled behind it. And ... it is hot and humid! 45F7810D-AECC-49CD-8015-CA0BB1569D7C.jpeg8F0A42F6-F997-4D86-B312-DDB8790D9FAC.jpeg45F7810D-AECC-49CD-8015-CA0BB1569D7C.jpeg

Interesting use of crime scene tape! :crazy2: Hopefully the people in the Jeep were wearing seatbelts.

The driving problem at Disney is not usually aggressive, bad driving.

It's that people don't know where they are, don't know where they are going, don't know how to get there, don't know how to follow whatever GPS they are trying to follow, and have a car full of excited visitors commenting on all of the sights. It's like entering the arrivals area of any major airport, but on a larger scale.

Once saw someone try to cut across World Drive from the the far right lane to a turn around exit off the far left lane. Almost made it but was t-boned at a fairly high speed by a car in the far left lane and they both ended up in the grassy median. That was the last time I rented a car while at WDW. Too many unaware drivers.

Accidents involving WDW buses are rare.

We must be lucky in our last six visits we have seen three. We visit on average maybe two or three times per year and have done that for the last six years. I’m just glad they don’t happen when we are on the bus.

Accidents involving WDW buses are rare.
It's hard to tell from the pictures, but it looks like the Jeep either rolled over into the bus, or came to rest against the bus. Not much the bus driver could do about that.

Once saw someone try to cut across World Drive from the the far right lane to a turn around exit off the far left lane. Almost made it but was t-boned at a fairly high speed by a car in the far left lane and they both ended up in the grassy median. That was the last time I rented a car while at WDW. Too many unaware drivers.
I drove to wdw in 2009 from Chicago (we ALWAYS fly but wanted our kids to experience a road trip) and literally pulled into ASMo and parked for 9 days...had experienced like 15 minutes of insane drivers and had ENOUGH.Drove in 2016 in a rental from St Pete Beach, dropped DH off at POR and drove straight to drop off the rental and AGAIN was stressed by the bad drivers. Chicago has insane traffic,but most drivers are good. WDW?🤤🤤🤤

I drove to wdw in 2009 from Chicago (we ALWAYS fly but wanted our kids to experience a road trip) and literally pulled into ASMo and parked for 9 days...had experienced like 15 minutes of insane drivers and had ENOUGH.Drove in 2016 in a rental from St Pete Beach, dropped DH off at POR and drove straight to drop off the rental and AGAIN was stressed by the bad drivers. Chicago has insane traffic,but most drivers are good. WDW?🤤🤤🤤

Took first vacation as a married couple to Chicago, begged my new DH to get us out of there without a dent...EVERY car we saw noted with dented bumpers & quarter panels. Ouch! :car:

Looks like NO DAMAGE to Disney Bus

I think that windshield looks broken up to me.

I think this is going to require some paperwork filled out.

This is interesting perspective. We have always had a car at Disney (rental in 2013 and 2014). In 2015 we started to drive down from NYC (this year will be our 4th drive) instead of flying and I find driving at WDW to be pretty relaxing. It could just be that driving at home is so annoying now (too much congestion on local streets b/c of Uber and Lyft cars everywhere, etc. -- it's generally faster for me to bike anywhere locally than drive now)...but I really enjoy driving at WDW haha

Interesting use of crime scene tape! :crazy2: Hopefully the people in the Jeep were wearing seatbelts.

The driving problem at Disney is not usually aggressive, bad driving.

It's that people don't know where they are, don't know where they are going, don't know how to get there, don't know how to follow whatever GPS they are trying to follow, and have a car full of excited visitors commenting on all of the sights. It's like entering the arrivals area of any major airport, but on a larger scale.
Jim, I don't think that was crime scene tape. It looks like straps to keep the jeep stable while on its side. You can see them in the picture in your link above as it is being loaded onto the flatbed.

Hmmm, never mind. Looking closer, I can see the yellow tape on the other car, too. You're right, it is probably crime scene tape, not straps.

We must be lucky in our last six visits we have seen three.
Could be. You might want to buy lottery tickets.
We visit on average maybe two or three times per year and have done that for the last six years.
I might have a few more hours than you driving on RCID roadways. Being there day in and day out spanning over two decades with a good chunk of that in WDW bus transportation, I may have a more representative sample size.

I rode with one of those bad drivers last week. My brother in law was driving our rental car to after hours at the Hollywood Studios. Swore he knew where he was going. Didn't. Cut across lanes more than once. Only to be told once we were in the parking lot that he didn't have his headlights on either. :headache: So yeah, driving crazy in the dark with no headlights! Thank goodness we didn't cause an accident.

I rode with one of those bad drivers last week. My brother in law was driving our rental car to after hours at the Hollywood Studios. Swore he knew where he was going. Didn't. Cut across lanes more than once. Only to be told once we were in the parking lot that he didn't have his headlights on either. :headache: So yeah, driving crazy in the dark with no headlights! Thank goodness we didn't cause an accident.

Every single time I drive after park closing I either encounter a vehicle with no headlights on or their headlights are on high beams.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter