Disney Books

meryll83

All it takes is faith and trust...
Could we start a list of books which feature Disney in some way, shape or form? (e.g. the obvious ones like the Imagineering guides, and the perhaps less obvious ones such as Cory Doctorow's Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom)?
What do you all think?

I just finished reading Hidden Mickey. It's a fiction book, think National Treasure meets Disneyland. It wasn't the best book I ever read, but I would definitely recommend it to Disney fans. Here is the website about the book.

http://hiddenmickeybook.com/index.html

51GPQ-0RExL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I would definitely recommend The Kingdom Keepers series - they are incredible! I have recently read a fiction book set in WDW called Dream Factory which was good too. :)

Pixarpedia is really great. It has movie synopsis's, character bios, and towards the end a section with easter eggs and fun info about the movies.

Oooh I didn't know there was a new Kingdom Keepers book due out! I have the first 2 but I can't remember if they were available on Amazon UK or if I got them from the US site, so I might have to wait until we come over in September.

Where can you buy the Hidden Mickey fiction book, I've not heard of it before? Just via the link? And Dream Factory too?

My vote is for Waking Walt by Larry Pontius. Great fiction based on the urban legend that Walt was frozen to be revived at a later time and what happens when they wake him up. I liked Kingdom Keepers and Dream Factory too, but they're geared to slightly younger crowed. Down & Out was an interesting read but really strange. I just finished Cast Member Confidential during a visit to WDW last week. I intended to give it to my daughter who's currently a CM but must have misplaced it (or else it got confiscated from my hotel room ):rotfl: I haven't really decided if she would like it or hate it. Definitely not for kids and seemed a bit biased to the shadier side of CM life.

I particularly love the biographies of people involved in Disney and books by imagineers.

Back the late '80s or early '90s, there was a James Bond novel released (one of the ones written by John Gardner) in which the Magic Kingdom figures into the plot. The story involves a visit by Princess Diana and her children to Walt Disney World. The British government believes an attempt on their lives may be made, and Bond is part of their security measures.

Bond actually gets to spend some time playing in the Magic Kingdom at one point. That part of the book is the source of a quote that I often remember as one of the best summations of why I love the place -- Bond thinks to himself that the best thing about the MK is that "it works." In other words, if you let it, it really can transport you far away from your ordinary life and forget the cares of the outside world.

I've seen a book called Mousetrapped recommended on Facebook too - a year in Florida by a CM I believe...

Realityland by David Koenig, the Kingdom Keepers books and Cast Member Confidential, which I wasn't impressed with. Theres some trivia books too but I can't remember the exact author

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter