Disney Bachelorette October 2023! - WE ARE SO CLOSE - 14 Days!

Now I Just Feel Guilty:
So every time I book a Disney World trip I get super excited and could talk about it all the time. Add in the fact that it is for my Bachelorette Trip makes it even better. Well today I had a bridesmaid (who I knew seemed to be off and acting weird) tell me she can't handle the wedding and Disney talk. I told her I had a gut feeling that she was going to back out of this trip..... She said she considered it but has decided she is still going to go.... I now feel 100% guilty for talking about anything wedding or trip with the girls....

On another note at least I can share all my Disney love here!

Do NOT feel guilty for being excited! Feel sad for them that they can't match your excitement. And yes, share all your Disney love here!! I will match your energy, lol!!!

Do NOT feel guilty for being excited! Feel sad for them that they can't match your excitement. And yes, share all your Disney love here!! I will match your energy, lol!!!
Thank you! my Pre-Trip Report Blog will now be the only place I share anything Disney related about this trip going forward so feel free to hang arounds and see what else happens in the next 219 days!

EVERYTHING IS GETTING CHANGED
So I had plans of making backpacks for my girls for the trip. Well.....That has now changed cause several want to buy loungflys and I can't afford to do that for 7 girls at ($70+ a pop).

Also have been told not to but a few other things.....which I actually have already bought.

I don't want my girls to feel like I am cheap and don't want to do anything for them.

EVERYTHING JUST CHANGED!!!!!
So I just made some major changes to our trip...........

We are now doing 2 day park hoppers! We have also changed from Pop to All Star Music! I have been spoiled with every trip that I get to go to all 4 parks and I wanted that to happen on this trip.

Staying at :
All Star Music.jpg
So here is a rough plan of those park days:

Pay Day 1:

Hollywood Studios.jpg
Hollywood in the Morning

Magic Kingdom.jpg
Magic Kingdom in the Afternoon/Evening

Pay Day 2:

Animal Kingdom.jpg
Animal Kingdom Morning

Epcot.jpg
Epcot in the Afternoon/Evening for Drinking around the world!

This makes my Disney heart so happy!!!

Main Goals in each park are as follows:

Hollywood:
- RNR
- Slinky Dog
- Visit Star Wars Land

Magic Kingdom:
- Space Mountain
- Pictures
- Haunted Mansion

Animal Kingdom:
- Flight of Passage
- Everest (Everyone but me - I get sick)

Epcot:

- Guardians (Hopefully)
- Drink Around the World
- Test Track

Last edited:
IDEA OF WHAT I WANT EACH DAY:
Third or Fourth List of How I Want This Trip To Go

**Can you tell I am ready to just be there!!! Also a little nervous about the park hopping with this "new" park hopping system and lighting lane... and trips???

Wednesday, October 4th:
Leave Birmingham around 12PM CST and travel to Lake City, Florida. (Still trying to locate a good hotel to hold 5 girls for one night.)

Hopefully grab dinner on the way in.

Thursday, October 5th:

Leave the hotel in Lake City, Florida and head to All Star Music. I would like to leave the hotel no later than 8am.

Check in around noonish. We will hopefully get into our rooms early then grab some lunch.

I think we may hangout at the resort for a bit then get ready for Disney Springs and Report Hopping around 5ish?? I think my best friend wants to do my Lingerie Shower at this point.

Dinner: to be decided

Friday, October 6th:
(Until we see park hours)

Morning: Hollywood Studios :jumping1:
- Slinky Dog
- Rock N Roller Coaster
- Tower of Terror (For those that want to!)
- Base Line Tap House (maybe)
- Lunch??

Afternoon: Magic Kingdom :jumping1:
- Space Mountain
- Big Thunder Mountain
- Haunted Mansion
- Tron (unlikely)
- Dinner
- Fireworks

Saturday, October 7th:
(Until we see Park Hours)

Morning: Animal Kingdom :jumping1:
- Flight of Passage

- Expedition Everest
- Dinosaur
- Snack

Afternoon: EPCOT :jumping1:
- Test Track
- Soarin'
- Guardian (unlikely)
- Drink and Eat Around the World

Sunday, October 8th:

- Breakfast at Resort (I NEED MY MICKEY WAFFLES)

I now feel 100% guilty for talking about anything wedding or trip with the girls....
Just now reading through your report, my daughter is getting married in November and a bachelorette Disney trip sounds like So. MUCH. FUN!!! But this quote made me so sad. You should be really excited about your wedding and anything to do with your wedding and those that are involved should be equally excited for you and want to share in that excitement. Don't feel guilty AT ALL!!! This is a very special occasion in your life and one that you should enjoy every moment of! (Sorry, I had put my "Mom" hat on for a second):P

Just now reading through your report, my daughter is getting married in November and a bachelorette Disney trip sounds like So. MUCH. FUN!!! But this quote made me so sad. You should be really excited about your wedding and anything to do with your wedding and those that are involved should be equally excited for you and want to share in that excitement. Don't feel guilty AT ALL!!! This is a very special occasion in your life and one that you should enjoy every moment of! (Sorry, I had put my "Mom" hat on for a second):P
First Thank you for joining in! Also Thank you! I have since talked with the one that was making me feel guilty and I think things are better. I have slacked off on talking with the whole group about it as much. However, my wonderful Matron of Honor lets me talk about it as much as I want.

GIFTS FOR MY GIRLS

I have slowly been working on everything for the girls for this trip. Below is a picture of the main part of their gift and I will explain what else I am needing to get. Bag Content.jpg
Still need the following:
- 3 shirts each
- sunglasses
- fans

Each room with have a basket with the following:
-Sunscreen
- Moleskin
-snacks
-Extra Makeup Remover

Let me know what I am missing/what else I should give! Let me say that the ears, magic bands and luggage tags are not pictured

Last edited:
Congratulations! 🍾 💍💕So exciting! My daughter is getting married in summer of 2024 and we are planning her bachelorette party in Disney World. We plan to also go for three nights. We are thinking pool and Disney Springs the day we arrive, and then one day each at Magic Kingdom and Epcot. Not sure where we will stay yet but definitely on site. Happy planning!!

Congratulations! 🍾 💍💕So exciting! My daughter is getting married in summer of 2024 and we are planning her bachelorette party in Disney World. We plan to also go for three nights. We are thinking pool and Disney Springs the day we arrive, and then one day each at Magic Kingdom and Epcot. Not sure where we will stay yet but definitely on site. Happy planning!!
Congratulations to your daughter! I am so excited to do this. If you can spring for the deluxe resort do it! I wish I could do that or at least get me back to Pop Century.

Congratulations to your daughter! I am so excited to do this. If you can spring for the deluxe resort do it! I wish I could do that or at least get me back to Pop Century.
You will have an amazing time no matter where you stay! I never thought I would be going to my daughters bachelorette party but since she wants it in Disney, she told me I should come and I said yes! Lol her bridesmaids are great and the mom of her maid of honor is also coming so I won’t be the only older one! 🤣 I love the deluxes but the prices are crazy! Thinking of renting points for DVC.

Now I Just Feel Guilty:
So every time I book a Disney World trip I get super excited and could talk about it all the time. Add in the fact that it is for my Bachelorette Trip makes it even better. Well today I had a bridesmaid (who I knew seemed to be off and acting weird) tell me she can't handle the wedding and Disney talk. I told her I had a gut feeling that she was going to back out of this trip..... She said she considered it but has decided she is still going to go.... I now feel 100% guilty for talking about anything wedding or trip with the girls....

On another note at least I can share all my Disney love here!
You absolutely should not feel guilty! Your bridesmaids are there to support you in the planning process. I would only recommend nix talking bachelorette planning with people not attending the event, but it sounds like this bridesmaid is still intending to come with, so it's not like you can cut her out of the planning.

If it helps you work through this, I had 9 bridesmaids but only 5 came with to my WDW bach, and only two of them are as big of Disney fans as me. I primarily relied on my co-MOHs for major planning decisions, and would weigh major cost-related decisions (travel costs, rental car, resort) with the 5 who were coming.

EVERYTHING IS GETTING CHANGED
So I had plans of making backpacks for my girls for the trip. Well.....That has now changed cause several want to buy loungflys and I can't afford to do that for 7 girls at ($70+ a pop).

Also have been told not to but a few other things.....which I actually have already bought.

I don't want my girls to feel like I am cheap and don't want to do anything for them.

I think you're contributing SO MUCH to this already that you don't need to worry about backpacks. Instead, and it already sounds like it, focus on this to put in the backpack or coordinated accessories for everyone to wear! Again, don't feel guilty for not getting a bag that they probably won't use again, and if some of them want loungeflys they can get their own.

IDEA OF WHAT I WANT EACH DAY:
Third or Fourth List of How I Want This Trip To Go

**Can you tell I am ready to just be there!!! Also a little nervous about the park hopping with this "new" park hopping system and lighting lane... and trips???

Wednesday, October 4th:
Leave Birmingham around 12PM CST and travel to Lake City, Florida. (Still trying to locate a good hotel to hold 5 girls for one night.)

Hopefully grab dinner on the way in.

Thursday, October 5th:

Leave the hotel in Lake City, Florida and head to All Star Music. I would like to leave the hotel no later than 8am.

Check in around noonish. We will hopefully get into our rooms early then grab some lunch.

I think we may hangout at the resort for a bit then get ready for Disney Springs and Report Hopping around 5ish?? I think my best friend wants to do my Lingerie Shower at this point.

Dinner: to be decided

Friday, October 6th:
(Until we see park hours)

Morning: Hollywood Studios :jumping1:
- Slinky Dog
- Rock N Roller Coaster
- Tower of Terror (For those that want to!)
- Base Line Tap House (maybe)
- Lunch??

Afternoon: Magic Kingdom :jumping1:
- Space Mountain
- Big Thunder Mountain
- Haunted Mansion
- Tron (unlikely)
- Dinner
- Fireworks

Saturday, October 7th:
(Until we see Park Hours)

Morning: Animal Kingdom :jumping1:
- Flight of Passage

- Expedition Everest
- Dinosaur
- Snack

Afternoon: EPCOT :jumping1:
- Test Track
- Soarin'
- Guardian (unlikely)
- Drink and Eat Around the World

Sunday, October 8th:

- Breakfast at Resort (I NEED MY MICKEY WAFFLES)
This sounds like so much fun!!! What a great plan. Just my .02 but I would split this into "required" and "suggested" activities. We basically ended up all staying together and doing rides together (with some opting out of the "big kid rides" and just taking a break or shopping), but I really only intended everyone to be together for meals, drinking around the world, the fireworks cruise, and our photo session, with lots of "free time" for everyone to do what they wanted. We went in 2021 before G+ was released, but you may want to ask if folks are okay with adding in a ILL for Tron, Guardians, FOP to your schedules. And, 1-2 of my bridesmaids would go back to the resort for a break each day and would reconvene later, so briefing everyone on the WDW bus system is super handy!

Finally, have you looked into DVC rentals for Saratoga Springs or Old Key West? We looked into it, but needed to find a seller with cheap, distressed points in order to make it work for us.

Just to end on how much fun this trip looks and I commend you for putting so much effort into this!! It will be such a great trip!!

You absolutely should not feel guilty! Your bridesmaids are there to support you in the planning process. I would only recommend nix talking bachelorette planning with people not attending the event, but it sounds like this bridesmaid is still intending to come with, so it's not like you can cut her out of the planning.

If it helps you work through this, I had 9 bridesmaids but only 5 came with to my WDW bach, and only two of them are as big of Disney fans as me. I primarily relied on my co-MOHs for major planning decisions, and would weigh major cost-related decisions (travel costs, rental car, resort) with the 5 who were coming.

I think you're contributing SO MUCH to this already that you don't need to worry about backpacks. Instead, and it already sounds like it, focus on this to put in the backpack or coordinated accessories for everyone to wear! Again, don't feel guilty for not getting a bag that they probably won't use again, and if some of them want loungeflys they can get their own.

This sounds like so much fun!!! What a great plan. Just my .02 but I would split this into "required" and "suggested" activities. We basically ended up all staying together and doing rides together (with some opting out of the "big kid rides" and just taking a break or shopping), but I really only intended everyone to be together for meals, drinking around the world, the fireworks cruise, and our photo session, with lots of "free time" for everyone to do what they wanted. We went in 2021 before G+ was released, but you may want to ask if folks are okay with adding in a ILL for Tron, Guardians, FOP to your schedules. And, 1-2 of my bridesmaids would go back to the resort for a break each day and would reconvene later, so briefing everyone on the WDW bus system is super handy!

Finally, have you looked into DVC rentals for Saratoga Springs or Old Key West? We looked into it, but needed to find a seller with cheap, distressed points in order to make it work for us.

Just to end on how much fun this trip looks and I commend you for putting so much effort into this!! It will be such a great trip!!
Thank you! Yes so far everyone is still going. As for staying together or splitting off all of the girls have said they are in it for the long hall! LOL They want to stay with me the whole time. (We will see as I do Disney from before open till they make you leave LOL) I havent quite wrapped my head around DVC rentals so not sure if it would be beneficial to use.

You will have an amazing time no matter where you stay! I never thought I would be going to my daughters bachelorette party but since she wants it in Disney, she told me I should come and I said yes! Lol her bridesmaids are great and the mom of her maid of honor is also coming so I won’t be the only older one! 🤣 I love the deluxes but the prices are crazy! Thinking of renting points for DVC.
My mom would love to go but I just feel a little weird about my mom going. Not that she wouldn't be great there but idk I havent know a lot of times moms go on Bachelorette trips.

My mom would love to go but I just feel a little weird about my mom going. Not that she wouldn't be great there but idk I havent know a lot of times moms go on Bachelorette trips.
I plan on going on my daughter's bachelorette party with her and the bridesmaids. She actually wants me to go. I think it depends on the type of relationship that you have with your Mom. Mine and my daughter's relationship is very open and we tell each other everything. We are more like friends in that respect but my Mom and myself had a very rocky relationship and I would not have wanted her there if it were my party. Only you can decide on what makes you feel more comfortable.

I plan on going on my daughter's bachelorette party with her and the bridesmaids. She actually wants me to go. I think it depends on the type of relationship that you have with your Mom. Mine and my daughter's relationship is very open and we tell each other everything. We are more like friends in that respect but my Mom and myself had a very rocky relationship and I would not have wanted her there if it were my party. Only you can decide on what makes you feel more comfortable.
Oh my mom and I have a good relationship...I just feel weird with my mom going. Some people are completely fine and that is great but she doesn't know a lot of my girls and I think there would be a lot of uncomfortable people.

Thank you! Yes so far everyone is still going. As for staying together or splitting off all of the girls have said they are in it for the long hall! LOL They want to stay with me the whole time. (We will see as I do Disney from before open till they make you leave LOL) I havent quite wrapped my head around DVC rentals so not sure if it would be beneficial to use.

I was also going to recommend DVC rental, or otherwise maybe get a TouringPlans subscription and put in a room request that your rooms are all near one another. They don't make any guarantees but I've had good luck with this on lots of occasions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter