Disney at Easter/Spring Break

bkloehn

Earning My Ears
Hi, all...I am new here. I've never been to Disney with my children yet, and we have planned our trip for this spring. Unfortunately, we could only manage to go from 3/25-4/1/2013, which is Spring Break/Easter time. My husband and I are concerned that the parks will be overloaded and the kids will get bored waiting in lines, etc.

Is there a way to make this busy time work for a family with young kids?

We are not staying on-site at the resort; we rented a beautiful townhouse, which means no Extra Magic Hours.

Any tips or advice would be welcome. Thank you!

Britt

It will be crowded but you can make it work. Don't plan to ride every ride and see everything. My advice is to pick a few things that are your must do's and work on doing that first. I don't know how young your children are but you can look for hidden mickey's when your inline, also some rides like, DUMBO, and The haunted Mansion have interactive lines your kids will love.

The first time you go with the kids is awesome, it's funny to watch their eyes when they first walk into the place.

I'm not sure how many days you're going for, but I'm 39 and have been going to Disney since I was 6. :)

What I've done my entire life is, get to the park at rope drop and bang out an entire section.

You can do a section in 3 hours no problem when the park opens. We usually eat lunch at around 12:30 and LEAVE THE PARK! yup we leave...lol

Between 11:30 and 7:30ish are typically the busiest hours, so while everyone's dying in the park I'm in the pool with a Captin Mai Tia...lol

We eat supper, Ohana's in the Polynesian rocks BTW, then we go back to the park.

If the kids have never been, take them to see the Electric Parade, one of the best places to watch is across from the Hall Of Presidents.

Hope this helps yah out;)

We're also going at that time and went last year at Easter too. Really, we were quite surprised at the parks last Easter -- they weren't nearly as crowded as we had anticipated. MK consistently got crowded right around 1:00ish, which is the time we left there each time we went. So my advice is to get to the parks at opening or close to it. Get your Fast Passes right away for your must-do rides. Do as much as you can before noon time. Have your ADR's all made so you don't have to stress over where you will eat. Since you are staying off-site, I'm not sure how convenient it will be to go back to your hotel for a mid-day break, but that always works best for us (we also have 2 young kids). We go swimming, rest, arcade, etc., then back to a park for dinner/rides later on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!