Disney at Canada's Wonderland, WHAT!

explorer1977

Mouseketeer
So my DW and I went to Canada's Wonderland Yesterday with my sister, her husband and my niece. My DW and I were waiting for the others to go on the Chopper Chase in Kidsville, we were waiting beside a speaker when all of a sudden we heard a familar synth voice coming from the speaker saying "Welcome to Disneyland and we are pround to present the Main Street Electrical Parade". They were playing the DL sound track on the music system in the Kiddsville area of the park. we just looked at each other and thought what the, laughed a bit. We then debated on what we should do as loyal disney folk, we thought of sending a email to Disney because we also heard music from The Lion King (Great to be King) earlier and where a little surprised but did not think much of it and I'm sure there was more that we never noticed or where not there for. We thought about going to the parks guest relations and ask were can we see this electrical parade and Mickey but we just stayed there and just listened and enjoyed the whole thing then listen to the Pocahontas soundtrack and went to see Dora.

Oh and going to Canada's Wonderland just made me miss the World so much more and wishing we were going back now.

Missing the World and everything about it

Michael

I know what you mean. I was planning to take the kids to Wonderland this weekend but I have become a complete Dsiney snob. I know I will go to Wonderland and complain about everything! Disney is in a class of it's own...

I heard music from Tarzan when we were there in May. And it was the day after DH and I got home from the World. I couldn't help but compare! :confused3 The music made me "home" sick though!

Let's all clap our hands together hard and loud and maybe Wonderland will turn into Disney! S :cheer2:

Wonderland blows and if it wasn't for the free tickets I get from my MIL I wouldn't even bother going to the place. We went in May and had to pay for it we were there for my daughters power cheer competition and all day long all we could do was talk about how much more fun we would have at Disney and how when you wait in line at Disney there is so much to see and do to stay entertained unlike at Wonderland.

free tickets through work was the only reason we went. and we both (explorer1977 and i, that is) compared it to Disney the whole day.

especially since in less than 6 months we'll actually BE in Disney!

but seriously, we were like "ummm....isn't that bad of Paramount to be playing Disney songs? can't they get sued or something?" because didn't Disney make playschools take pictures of Disney characters down? so, this is like WAYYYY worse than that! imo, anyway.

When my kids were young, we used to go to Wonderland quite often. Then we went to WDW for the first time, and realized that Wonderland just didn't even come close.

We brought another family with us on our trip last fall, and they went to Wonderland this summer, and the parents said the two boys complained all day "this isn't as good as WDW. Why didn't we go back to Disney?"

I wonder if perhaps the park pays a royalty to Disney to play that music?

Maybe if you write to Disney and let them know, they will give you free APs to say thanks...

Teresa

I have 10 free tickets sitting on my counter in the kitchen and just can't seem to bring myself to use them. I was just talking to DH the other day when driving past Wonderland on the 400 saying that it is a shame that if we were to go all I would do is compare it to WDW. :confused3

Canada's Wonderland will never come close to WDW and if it was not free I don't think we would have gone. Our 20 months old neice did enjoy herself on the rides though so someone had fun.

I wish for AP's and I have thought about sending off an email but the AP's would just give me more of a reason to go more but then I would have to buy more DVC points :)

Ah, C'mon!

It was a nice replacement for those of us Years ago who could not afford WDW!

The only thing I like about it now, I'll drop DD off there and go shopping at Vaughan Mills! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
j

laura001 said:
I have 10 free tickets sitting on my counter in the kitchen and just can't seem to bring myself to use them. I was just talking to DH the other day when driving past Wonderland on the 400 saying that it is a shame that if we were to go all I would do is compare it to WDW. :confused3

What to spread a little magic and share those tickets. LOL My kids have begged us to go, but I always say we have to save our money for Disney. They have almost convinced me to take them when we go to Toronto for a dance Comp in September. I really think they will be disappointed though.

CJ

There's no place like home and Disney will always be home.

I love Wonderland! It's no Disney....but it's fun! The water park is awesome! If you time it right, the lines are small. I really enjoy sipping chai tea in the Starbuck.....they have giant comfy chairs at the back! My kids really have a great time at Wonderland. Now that it's been bought by Cedar Point it's sure to improve. Enjoy! S

That's funny we were at VMM last week and the kids saw Wonderland and said WHat's that!! I told them that it was Wonderland and my older DD9 said oh yah that's the place with no fast passes and we had to wait 2 hours for each ride!! To be fair we went with DH's work and it happened to one of the Festival Days (punjab) and everyone and thier kitchen sink was there. It was really hot and very busy. We also go to Disney in the fall so the lines are not that long. We might go to wonderland this summer and try to avoid the Festival days. Just too busy!! We didn't try the water park but we have heard they are great!

all we could do was talk about how much more fun we would have at Disney and how when you wait in line at Disney there is so much to see and do to stay entertained unlike at Wonderland.

That was me at marineland last week. I think I probably drove my mom nuts with my constant, "at Disney....". Marineland may cost half of what Disney does but it's not even a quarter of the fun!

mrs.explorer1977 said:
but seriously, we were like "ummm....isn't that bad of Paramount to be playing Disney songs? can't they get sued or something?" because didn't Disney make playschools take pictures of Disney characters down? so, this is like WAYYYY worse than that! imo, anyway.

Wonderland is almost certainly paying licensing fees on all the music they play in the park, so no, they won't be sued. Also, Cedar Park owns the Wonderland parks now (sales agreed May 22 and finalized June 30, took over operations July 1). Cedar Park owns Knotts Berry Farm and Cedar Point among other things.

We are going to Wonderland soon. My DD4's first experienced WDW this spring. Now she keeps asking when we are going to "Disney's Wonderland" IF ONLY!!!
I ran off ride sheets for her to include her in planning this time, hoping she won't be too disappointed. She likes Dora& the Backyardigans so I am hoping it will work out...but the Disney music is not likely going to help me out much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter