Disney and Universal discounts for opposing emplyoyee's

NYDisneyKid

Expedition Everest Record Holder
I dont know how to do a poll on here but heres the question..

Even though they are rivals, do you think Disney and Universal should give employee's discounts on tickets to each other? (maybe they do and I dont know it)

No, because the majority of them live in Florida giving them access to Florida resident tickets which is probably better than the discount they'd probably offer each other anyways.

And then there is a large amount who work at both parks, so that covers the admission problem there : )

No, because the majority of them live in Florida giving them access to Florida resident tickets which is probably better than the discount they'd probably offer each other anyways.

And then there is a large amount who work at both parks, so that covers the admission problem there : )

but DVC members get a better deal on AP's than a FL res no? You also said "And then there is a large amount who work at both parks, so that covers the admission problem there."

So Disney employee's can go to Universal free? and vise versa? Im confused,,,lol

The pp meant that some people have a job at Disney, and have a second job at Universal. They would then get employee discounts and/or admission at both parks, since they are employees of both Disney and Universal.

For people who work at Disney, but not at Universal, I can't see any reason why Universal would want to give them discounts or free admission. Employee benefits are just that - benefits for your own employees. They cost the company money, either in direct payment or lost potential revenue. Disney has somewhere north of 50,000 employees in Central FL. That's a lot of lost potential sales of admission media for Universal.

Same goes for Universal employees getting free admission from Disney. There's just no business case to be made for it.

Almost as bad as Ive heard if you work for Pepsi you cant drink Coke products.

I do believe Disney cast members get a 10% discount at Universal, but I'm not positive about Universal employees getting any Disney discounts.

Disney does not a get a discount at Universal. I've never heard of Universal Team Members getting a discount at Disney.

Pepsi monitors what its employees drink at home?
I'm thinking no, but I do believe there is a policy that Pepsi employees can't drink Coke products at work. Which makes sense, I guess. No need to have a bunch of Pepsi employees displaying the #1 competitor on their desks at lunch time.

As for Disney / Universal ... I don't know that Universal has quite as active a local discount program as Disney does. Disney CMs get discounts on virtually any of the local theme parks / tourist attractions, which makes sense just based on the potential number of customers a discount could bring in (60K Disney CMs). I don't know that Universal or SeaWorld share the same level of discount availability, although there's a lot of discounting between the other parks that Disney doesn't see. Universal, SeaWorld and Busch all discount (or comp) each other and there are also water park deals to be had with Aquatica, Wet & Wild and Adventure Island.

As, as someone already said, lots of Disney CMs have second jobs at Universal, and vice versa. So that covers entry in both places.

:earsboy:

Not sure about discounts between Universal and Disney employees, but a valid Universal Orlando ID will get you in for free at Seaworld and Busch Gardens Tampa, as well as visa versa.

I'm thinking no, but I do believe there is a policy that Pepsi employees can't drink Coke products at work. Which makes sense, I guess. No need to have a bunch of Pepsi employees displaying the #1 competitor on their desks at lunch time.
I heard of a delivery driver getting fired for buying and drinking Coke while on his route. If you're driving a truck with a giant Pepsi logo and wearing their uniform it is just bad form to buy the competitors product.

This makes no sense. Would you ask if Red Lobster employees should get a discount at Macaroni Grill?

My husband works part time at US/IOA and he DOES NOT GET discounts at Disney. At almost all non Disney places in Orlando yes, Sea World, the water parks , and many other places both attractions like dining shows to every day living needs. Wish Disney would give discounts to US/IOA employee's it would be nice.

My husband works part time at US/IOA and he DOES NOT GET discounts at Disney. At almost all non Disney places in Orlando yes, Sea World, the water parks , and many other places both attractions like dining shows to every day living needs. Wish Disney would give discounts to US/IOA employee's it would be nice.

And I wish we got discounts for US/IOA!! I got a season pass, becase 2 visits was pretty much paying for itself.

I get in for free at Disney, and I love Disney, I really do, but I would like a little more variety in my week. On my days off, I go to Walmart and the Disney parks. Then I work all week at Disney. Making it easier to get into the other parks would make it a more enjoyable experience for me.

No, I don't believe that would be fair. Now I don't know if this happens or not but I would believe that Universal workers would get a discount at Sea World because they sell tickets in a bundle together?

One of my student's parents both worked in Disneyland when they were teenagers and said they would always swap CM passes with friends who worked at Universal. Not sure it's as simple as that anymore but I thought that was pretty cool!

Hers my question: if I work at McDonalds, can I get discounts on Whoppers at Burger King?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter