Disney All Star Sports, Caribbean Beach, or Port Orleans

hawaiigirl504

Earning My Ears
We are getting the free dinning in our package with the pin code and I paid Extra for the dinning upgrade and are currently booked at All Star Sports. I am very scared staying there with all the reviews. How is it? Should I pay the extra $300 to upgrade to Caribbean Beach or Port Orleans. We are going during Thanksgiving so pools aren't an option.

Would depend on how many nights and if you travel to Disney often. If it's a once in a lifetime or once in every so many years, I would upgrade.
- If 5 nights or more def worth the expense.
- If DH were with me we would be upgrading, he does not enjoy the values.
- We LOVE Port Orleans, you would get queen beds, boat to Downtown Disney, great entertainment in lounge (family friendly), excellent eats at Boatwrights and peaceful lush southern charm along the river.

That said I'm heading to Sports in a week for just a few nights but looking forward to finding out how it looks many years since our last trip. But if I'm ever going longer than a couple nights and staying value, I book POP.

I agree with hopper, if this is a once in a lifetime trip, it will be $300 well spent on the room upgrade.

My family and I have stayed at P.O. Riverside and absolutely loved it. The whole resort is beautiful and the bus ride to any park is not unbearably long.

Now if you are going to be coming back to WDW often, look at how you could spend the $300. As we all know, there are many special things at WDW outside just going to the parks. And there isnt anything wrong with saving 300 bucks!!

Bottom line, make it magical for you and your family!

if your never going to be in the room its not worth it IMO

Ive stayed at all the values and sports has always been nice and clean!

If you do switch make sure theres availability for CB before canceling your current one. Also POR is not included in FD.

If you do switch make sure theres availability for CB before canceling your current one. Also POR is not included in FD.

She has a PIN code so she can get POR. Many are getting FD at POR and POFQ with a PIN.

Last time we stayed at Sports for 8 nights and loved it. They've had a recent - what's it called - linen update, soft refurb? and the food court was just redone. But we spent the majority of our time in the parks, we are light packers (I hate lugging suitcases), and our current plan is to visit once a year. It was prefect for me, DH, and our 9 year old twins.

Unless you can spend the $300 easily, and you plan on hanging out at the resort a bit, I would stay put.

I've actually been struggling with a very similar situation. I would love to stay at a moderate resort, but I'm booked at the Sports. It would cost only $270 to upgrade for 6 nights. But I know we are not going to be spending much time at the resort. If we are tired we will go back for a quick nap, but that is it. So spending more on the resort just doesn't make any sense for us.

And I'm looking at is this way too--that $270 was almost the cost of one of the airline tickets.

If you plan on being in the parks most of the time, then I would save the money.

Thanks this helps I was so excited when I called and got the pin code. It included the dates I wanted for Thanksgiving week. Probably going to stay at All Star Sports because my 6 year will enjoy it.

Thanks this helps I was so excited when I called and got the pin code. It included the dates I wanted for Thanksgiving week. Probably going to stay at All Star Sports because my 6 year will enjoy it.

We stayed at ASSp a few years ago the day after Thanksgiving through the following Monday. The resort seemed quiet. We really enjoyed it.

We are getting the free dinning in our package with the pin code and I paid Extra for the dinning upgrade and are currently booked at All Star Sports. I am very scared staying there with all the reviews. How is it? Should I pay the extra $300 to upgrade to Caribbean Beach or Port Orleans. We are going during Thanksgiving so pools aren't an option.

I'm just wondering..... what reviews are you referring to? Thanks!

I have stayed at all 3 resorts and liked CBR the least . We really enjoyed sports And POR and we wouldn't hesitate to stay at either again. We normally travel for 6 nights and never regretted our decision to stay at sports . I would go back tomorrow !

I have stayed at AS sports and POFQ. I also got a pin for free dining. For me it was not even a question, 100% POFQ. I liked AS sports better than pop century however. But POFQ is so small by disney standards so there are no rooms far away from the food court/ buses. You can also utilize POR next door, the boat to downtown disney is fantastic, etc. I could go on and on, but if it's only $300, I'd do it in a heartbeat and I'm cheap ( or selectively thrifty ) as I like to call it:lmao:
That being said, you would also have a great time at all star sports:)

For the most part, I agree with HopperFan, but there are several factors that affects the decision for me as well. Me personally, I actually really enjoy the All Stars Resorts. I love the theme, and they're not really spread out resorts so walking around is easy. However, we travel to WDW with kids, and when they were toddlers, All Stars was just fine, as they fit in a double with us, but now that they're bigger, we simply need more space so it's POR for us. I also really love CB's theme and it's one of my favorite mods, but for us it's not worth the money to upgrade from AS until they're done with the refurbs and have queen beds. There are pros and cons with each resort, and it suits people and situations differently. Price, of course, is a huge deciding factor, but I also take into consideration party size (how comfortably will we fit into the room), theme (what are we in the mood for?), and reviews (take them with a grain of salt.)

Stayed at sports a couple of weeks ago. Clean and no problems at all. Rooms are small, but we didn't spend much time in the room on our first disney trip. Next time we will try a moderate because we want a pool day (with a slide and bar preferably) and will not be getting the dining plan again :). As a side note, our son was 5 for this trip and loves sports. If yours enjoys sports he will love it. My son played football on the field at least once a day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter