Disney AKL to NASA Kennedy Space Center without car rental?

OP95

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone

i am planning on doing a day/two day trip to KSC and will not be renting a car. I just wanted to see what the cheapest option would be to go to and from Disney. Are there any shuttle services available or would getting A taxi be the only option?

thanks!

Search DIS. There is a company which does bus with ticket packages. I posted a link at least 6 months ago.

Renting a car for a day is generally the best way. Not everyone can rent a car. Not everyone can drive, or wants to drive on vacation

How many people in your party and would anyone need a car seat if the transportation was by car?

Currently an Uber/ Lyft for 4 people (smallest size/ lowest category) has been showing around $70 one way. A rideshare for 6 with no car seat is showing around $100 one way. Uber would be the only service with a car seat in the area and that’s showing $85 one way for a car that holds 4 passengers.

We are considering doing the same in August and I’ve priced out a one-day car rental for anywhere from $130 to over $200. For the $40 or so (round trip) difference I’d rather not deal with picking up or returning or being responsible for a rental car and let someone else handle it.

If you are doing a two day trip, are you staying overnight near KSC? If so, you might want to also price out getting a shuttle from Disney to MCO and a different shuttle from MCO to your coastal hotel. I know there are a few companies who run back and forth between the beach hotels and the airport, but I do not know what they cost.

Greyline offers a variety of tours:
https://graylineorlando.com/

The Kennedy Space Center offers tours including transportation from Orlando.
https://www.kennedyspacecenter-tickets.com/

The tours offer various levels of admission. Understand what you are buying.

With a tip it's about $200 or so RT from Disney to Kennedy. You have to decide if the cost of Uber and tickets is better than the cost of a bus tour.

Also, you may have to pay for an Uber to get to the bus pickup area depending on the tour you choose.

The most economical way for a family is usually renting a car for one day. The car care center rentals have a free shuttle from on-property resorts, and you can pick it up the night before and drop off when you return.

If you can't rent a car, then Viator and several others offer one day tours which pick up at some Disney resorts. A taxi or rideshare is probably the worst option, since you might have trouble booking one back.

Apologies for not mentioning the party size. It will Just be myself who will be travelling unable to rent a car as I do not have a licence. So unfortunately my best bet is to get a taxi or to find a tour that has A shuttle of some kind.

Apologies for not mentioning the party size. It will Just be myself who will be travelling unable to rent a car as I do not have a licence. So unfortunately my best bet is to get a taxi or to find a tour that has A shuttle of some kind.
I think a bus tour from Orlando would be the most affordable option for a single person. Have a great visit!

A couple of the tours leave from the Swan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter