Disney Air for Cruise from TO-?

Momtoemma

Mouseketeer
I am wondering if any one out there has used disney air to get to the cruise, and if so what did Disney put you on (ie non stop air canada, connecting US Air etc.), and what time
Thanks debbie

Hi Debbie:

I have not gone on a Disney cruise, but I am a travel agent. I know that you can almost always get a less expensive flight by booking your air separately. That being said though I would always recommend that if you do your own air you travel to Florida the day before. If you are not booked with Disney air, they have no obligation to hold the ship for you if your plane is delayed, however if you have a delay while booked with Disney the ship will wait for your arrival. This can be really important. I just had a lady who cruised with Princess and thankfullly had purchased her airfare through Princess Cruise Lines as her plane did not arrive until after the ship was due to depart (due to a security problem at the previous airport) and the ship waited until she arrived.

Most cruise lines now are using air that has at least one connection (sometimes two). You can however usually pay an air deviation fee and request a direct flight. Talk to your travel agent about this.

Wow! That's pretty interesting ... what is the price difference between booking the airfare separately and buying it through the cruise line? I guess if you're going with one person or more, it might be worth it to book one airplane ticket through the cruise as insurance :p

We did it in January and you spend the whole day travellling!

We were booked on US Air, Toronto, to Pittsburgh, layover for about an hour but should have been hour and half but due to weather was shorter. Then Pittsburgh to Orlando.

What should have been 4:00 a.m. until approximately 10:00 a.m., this is from wake up time to arrival at Resort turned into 4:00 a.m. until approximately 2:30 p.m. arrival at resort.

Then returning back was worse! DD was still not feeling 100% so this was 5:00 a.m. for 6:00 a.m. US Immigration check, off the boat, arrive airport at 9:30 a.m. wait until 12:20 p.m. flight to Pittsburgh. Leave Pittsburgh approximately 2:30 p.m. arrive Toronto approximately 5:00 pm.!

You do the math!LOL It hurts my head everytime I think about it!LOL

Do your own flights! And the worse part was they had it scheduled so that there was no kind of service but drinks and oh yeah, pretzels on the way home!LOL

If you have any other questions, just pm me, and I'll be glad to help.

Scratch
:smooth:

We went with Disney Air on our Oct 2001 3 day resort stay, 7 day cruise and we had non-stop Air Canada. We did not pay for any deviations (that I know about, we used a TA) Our flight left TO at 10:15 and we got to our resort about 3:00pm. On our flight back we had a non-stop Air Canada flight as well. It left Orlando around 12-12:30 so we didn't arrive home in Barrie until about 5:30 pm. Maybe we were just lucky but we had no problems but we did have a resort stay first. If we were going straight to the ship I would be very unhappy about not arriving until 3:00pm.

We did Disney Air in January 2002, with our 7 day Magic trip. We are coming from the West Coast, so we were not able to get a direct flight anyway, even if we had booked on our own, as there are none available. We flew United/Air Canada depending on the flight leg and we travelled with our 3 yr old. It was okay. We had weather problems in Calgary, and they flew us the day before (an option if you live in the west.) We were about 15 min late arriving in Orlando, our hotel (provided by Disney) was ready and we had an awesome evening supper at WDW. The flight home was delayed about 1 hr out of Montreal and despite rude passengers, It too was okay.
I would do Disney Air again, most definetly!!
Nicole

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter