**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Thanks for reporting back- looking forward to our turn on the 11th!

Can you tell me if the train station/entrance was still lit up as you were leaving? Trying to time taking a picture there!
No unfortunately it wasn’t. We had someone take our picture but it was just the green lighting. I’m not sure what time they took the lighting off. We never did actually see it lit up

No unfortunately it wasn’t. We had someone take our picture but it was just the green lighting. I’m not sure what time they took the lighting off. We never did actually see it lit up
I'll plan to work it into our pre-party events somehow. It's cool, but I certainly don't want to miss anything inside just for a picture! Thanks!

Here’s my report from last night:
  • Got to mk at 8:30 pm and walked right through the event entrance to get our wristbands. The new wristbands are super cool. I like them a lot more than the paper ones.
  • Splash fp-still about a 10 minute wait
  • Pirates gift shop to look at merch. I ended up buying the tank top. They were all out of smalls for the event t shirt.
  • Btmr fp
  • Got drinks at cart next to pirates
  • Got in line for pirates at 9:55. They started a separate line and let people in right at 10. It took about 10 minutes. It was okay, pretty much the same as MNSSHP.
  • Got popcorn and ice cream in the hub. I loved the music they were playing in there. It wasn’t villainy but still very fun!
  • Rode people mover as a walk on. It was fun to ride through space with the lights off
  • Went to star traders to get our AP hades ornaments. These are pretty cool. I’m glad they did something special like that.
  • Rode space-posted 35 minutes but was only 10. We rode again right after as a walk on. When we got off at 11:30 there was a huge line of people from the castle show. I was able to hear Ursula when we got to the bottom of the track. When you’re in the majority of the ride you can’t really hear much.
  • Walked to storybook treats and got a maleficent cone. I absolutely love these. It’s my favorite treat at all of wdw. There was a bit of a line but it moved quickly.
  • Happened to catch the maleficent dragon in Frontierland. The dragon was cool to see at night with the glowing eyes and fire.
  • Rode btmr twice and both times were a walk on.
  • Sat in the rocking chairs by hall of presidents. It was nice to just sit and relax in the villain atmosphere.
  • Went to the hub and decided to go right up front on the chain in front of the castle at 12:30. This was my favorite part of the night. I had so much fun dancing and there were tons of people dancing around us. We literally danced the entire 30 minutes before the stage show at 1.
  • The stage show was pretty decent. It got kind of repetitive and boring after awhile. We aren’t huge show people though.
  • We left right after the stage show and saw the villains up on the train station. That was a really fun addition. I liked that they did that and the characters were funny.
  • The end of our night was the bus situation. We waited 40 minutes for a bus to wilderness lodge. There were a lot of people in our line so I’m not sure what the issue was. It put a sour taste in our mouth but didn’t ruin our night.
Overall thoughts:
If you go into this thinking it’s like a small version of MNSSHP, you’ll have fun. Do not go into this thinking it’s like after hours because it’s not. You definitely don’t get the empty crowd feel but wait times were never that long except for 7dmt. They did take away the bananas and Olaf bars which was disappointing. I really enjoyed the club feel to the hub and had a lot of fun dancing. I saw lots of parents dancing with kids and young adults dancing in groups. We got an AP discount but a full price ticket would’ve seemed steep for this event.

Dh said it was a one and done for him. I could maybe see myself doing it again but they would need to add some more things to the event. You definitely need to have a plan and probably won’t be able to ride all rides and watch special entertainment so might have to pick and choose

Thanks for such detailed report of your event! Bummer about the bus situation ☹

I was able to go on June 27th. I had a work conference in Orlando and my co-workers and I were desperate to do a night at Disney and when this event came out we decided to go for it. The only bummer is H20 Glow Nights was the same night for us and if one of the events had been on Wednesday it would've been nice.

The overall transportation for the night was pretty quick. The tram and the monorail were pretty quick. Once we were in the gate and through security we were in around 6:45. We were able to ride alot but two of us aren't big rollercoaster people so it may not be as exciting of a report. It was one of my co-worker's first trip to Disney so I feel like we stopped more and took pictures and looked at things.

We rode
Peter Pan- FP
Small World
Splash Mountain- FP
Haunted Mansion- FP
Little Mermaid- FP
Watched HEA for a few minutes
We ate at Cosmic Ray's for dinner
POC- 20 minute wait- the entire area was packed but it was also just turning 10 and people were starting to leave
Buzz Lightyear- walk on
Winnie the pooh- walk on
Peter Pan- 5 minute wait
Mickey Philaharmonic- walk on
Peoplemover- walk on

We did watch some of the show and the dj. We left about 1:15. The night flew by though. We rode the Ferrryboat back to parking and was able to get on a tram pretty quickly. 7DMT had a huge line that we didn't feel like braving. Space Mountain had a few minute wait before we went on Peoplemover then one of the shows let out and there was an large crowd running to Space Mountain. The overall crowd level wasn't bad at all. This was my first after hours event so it was nice to see and not feel crowded. The free treats were nice. The popcorn was fresh all night and my co-workers ate multiple strawberry bars and we drank alot of water.

We were there last night. We had a good time. So worth it to avoid the crowds and heat. I would definitely do it again.
We arrived at 6:30 and were let in about 6:40.
We bought Villain t shirts and changed into them. I thought they would be the thicker material , but they were not. They were lightweight and comfortable.
We had a fastpass for Peter Pan, but decided to eat at Tony's ( my teens choice). Tried to modify PP for later but nothing available so we got IASW.
After eating at Tony's we had a FP for Seven Dwarfs. The fireworks were going off by the time we got to SDMT.
After we finshed watching the fireworks in Fantasyland we headed to Splash Mountain and Big Thunder. They did check our bands before we walked into Frontierland. Splash and Big Thunder were walk on.
Walked toward the castle and ran into the Maleficent dragon and his friends :goodvibes
After that we went to Jungle Cruise and Pirates. Jungle Cruise was walk on and Pirates was about 5 minutes.
Space Mountain was about 10 minute wait. Checked Seven Dwarfs wait time it was 30 minutes, so we skipped it. Peter Pan was 5 minute wait but we skipped it.
Haunted Mansion walk on.
So the run down.
It's a Small World FP
Seven Dwarfs FP
Splash Mountain walk on
Big Thunder walk on
Jungle Cruise walk on
Pirates of the Caribbean 5 minute wait
Haunted Mansion walk on
Space Mountain 10 minute wait
Eating at Tony's was not a good idea because we were not hungry for any of the free treats. I did get 2 bottles of water.
We rode everything we wanted and could of rode more rides but we just took it slow and only rode our favorites.
I got a few pictures and a video I will post. The video is not loading for me right now so I will post it later.
@maryj11 Do you happen to remember what time you got in line for Space Mountain?

I may have seen the answer in this thread, but can't find it.
I have AP voucher that I will activate the same day as one of the After Hours. Can I purchase the AH event ticket ahead of time with just the voucher? by calling? I already tried online and it did not show up with the AP price and my AP is linked already.
If I have to pay the full price, will they adjust the price and refund the $30 once I activate my AP that day? Thanks

I went on June 20th and had a great time! This was my 2nd Disney After Hours event in MK - the first one had no theme. I love the Villains and they don't get enough recognition in the parks so this is a real treat for Villain fans. No meet and greets, but the stage show is fun (but a bit repetitive) the atmosphere on Main St. is cool with the lighting and I really enjoyed the live pirates in line at POC and also on the ride. Had a fun conversation with one of the pirates in line who told us we were in great danger - LOL. Those moments are priceless. Space Mountain was cool but the voices of the villains are hard to hear sometimes but wow that ride is rough! I haven't been on it in a while but it's painful - lol (how old am I?!) I was somewhat stressed out trying to fit in everything and with a theme with a show/parade (Maleficent at night is on a whole other level) it does eat into ride time. 3 hours goes so fast! We waiting for SDMT about 30 minutes - didn't have fast passes for it for any day of our trip so we waited, but other than that the rides we did do were walk on (or almost) (Peter Pan was another long one but it was a few minutes after 10 so day guests were still in line). I felt like we were running back and forth in the park trying to fit everything in.
The Villain farewell at the end is a nice touch! Also, the last run of Maleficent down Main St. is perfection. After Hours with a theme should be longer than 3 hours (for ride purposes) but that's just wishful thinking. It is nice that they somewhat extend the hours for the additional show and last run of the dragon. We left the park around 2:00am by the time everything ended. Maleficent was delayed for some reason so we had to wait for her final run.

Again, I do thing regular After Hours events are less stressful and have somewhat lighter crowds but all in all a fun night. I wish I could have done it twice to spend more time soaking up party atmosphere rather than running around like crazy. Hardly had much time for popcorn/drinks and ice cream but we managed. Had no time for special Villain treats because I can't eat that fast and have it gone before the next ride.

I may have seen the answer in this thread, but can't find it.
I have AP voucher that I will activate the same day as one of the After Hours. Can I purchase the AH event ticket ahead of time with just the voucher? by calling? I already tried online and it did not show up with the AP price and my AP is linked already.
If I have to pay the full price, will they adjust the price and refund the $30 once I activate my AP that day? Thanks
I was able to purchase mine ahead of time online with just a voucher. I believe you have to be sure you are logged in to your account when you go to purchase online so it will show you the AP price option. I am not sure about calling since I purchased mine online.

Here’s my report from last night:
  • Got to mk at 8:30 pm and walked right through the event entrance to get our wristbands. The new wristbands are super cool. I like them a lot more than the paper ones.
  • Splash fp-still about a 10 minute wait
  • Pirates gift shop to look at merch. I ended up buying the tank top. They were all out of smalls for the event t shirt.
  • Btmr fp
  • Got drinks at cart next to pirates
  • Got in line for pirates at 9:55. They started a separate line and let people in right at 10. It took about 10 minutes. It was okay, pretty much the same as MNSSHP.
  • Got popcorn and ice cream in the hub. I loved the music they were playing in there. It wasn’t villainy but still very fun!
  • Rode people mover as a walk on. It was fun to ride through space with the lights off
  • Went to star traders to get our AP hades ornaments. These are pretty cool. I’m glad they did something special like that.
  • Rode space-posted 35 minutes but was only 10. We rode again right after as a walk on. When we got off at 11:30 there was a huge line of people from the castle show. I was able to hear Ursula when we got to the bottom of the track. When you’re in the majority of the ride you can’t really hear much.
  • Walked to storybook treats and got a maleficent cone. I absolutely love these. It’s my favorite treat at all of wdw. There was a bit of a line but it moved quickly.
  • Happened to catch the maleficent dragon in Frontierland. The dragon was cool to see at night with the glowing eyes and fire.
  • Rode btmr twice and both times were a walk on.
  • Sat in the rocking chairs by hall of presidents. It was nice to just sit and relax in the villain atmosphere.
  • Went to the hub and decided to go right up front on the chain in front of the castle at 12:30. This was my favorite part of the night. I had so much fun dancing and there were tons of people dancing around us. We literally danced the entire 30 minutes before the stage show at 1.
  • The stage show was pretty decent. It got kind of repetitive and boring after awhile. We aren’t huge show people though.
  • We left right after the stage show and saw the villains up on the train station. That was a really fun addition. I liked that they did that and the characters were funny.
  • The end of our night was the bus situation. We waited 40 minutes for a bus to wilderness lodge. There were a lot of people in our line so I’m not sure what the issue was. It put a sour taste in our mouth but didn’t ruin our night.
Overall thoughts:
If you go into this thinking it’s like a small version of MNSSHP, you’ll have fun. Do not go into this thinking it’s like after hours because it’s not. You definitely don’t get the empty crowd feel but wait times were never that long except for 7dmt. They did take away the bananas and Olaf bars which was disappointing. I really enjoyed the club feel to the hub and had a lot of fun dancing. I saw lots of parents dancing with kids and young adults dancing in groups. We got an AP discount but a full price ticket would’ve seemed steep for this event.

Dh said it was a one and done for him. I could maybe see myself doing it again but they would need to add some more things to the event. You definitely need to have a plan and probably won’t be able to ride all rides and watch special entertainment so might have to pick and choose

Great report!

I had an issue with the buses after the 1st DAH I went to Jan 2018. I stayed at GF for a conference and went to DAH. The GF by monorail is 15min away! DAH shut down the monorail and resort ferries, so all the monorail resorts shared a bus. It took forever to get there-30min or more and then we stopped at the Contemporary, Poly and then the GF. It went to the WL after that. It was crazy, people on the bus were getting upset and not behaving very well. Lots of complaining (totally not the bus drivers fault) to the bus driver, cheering when it was there turn to get off.

I had read reports that the bus issue was not resolved, so DH and I left a little early to get a Minnie Van. It worked out perfectly. Our back up plan was to walk to the Contemporary and get a Lyft from there.

Great report!

I had an issue with the buses after the 1st DAH I went to Jan 2018. I stayed at GF for a conference and went to DAH. The GF by monorail is 15min away! DAH shut down the monorail and resort ferries, so all the monorail resorts shared a bus. It took forever to get there-30min or more and then we stopped at the Contemporary, Poly and then the GF. It went to the WL after that. It was crazy, people on the bus were getting upset and not behaving very well. Lots of complaining (totally not the bus drivers fault) to the bus driver, cheering when it was there turn to get off.

I had read reports that the bus issue was not resolved, so DH and I left a little early to get a Minnie Van. It worked out perfectly. Our back up plan was to walk to the Contemporary and get a Lyft from there.
We’ve been to 3 mk dah events before this and never had an issue with buses so I was surprised it was this bad. Maybe it’s mainly the mk resorts that have issues.

June 27th party

Arrived at 8pm
- got wrist bands and purchased a mug
- ate dinner at sleepy hollow
- FP Big Thunder
- FP Buzz
- People mover
- annual pass gift
- rode jungle cruise right at 10
- Pirates legit 20 minute wait
- milificent
- drinks/ice cream
- rode Big Thunder 3x Walk on each time
- drinks/popcorn
- walk on HM
- walk on small world
- PP 10 minute wait
- 7D 20 minute wait
- walk on pooh
- walk on dumbo

Does anyone know if it is the same group of villains for the train station farewell each party? I'm specifically wondering if the Bowler Hat guy is always there.

THX

Does anyone know if it is the same group of villains for the train station farewell each party? I'm specifically wondering if the Bowler Hat guy is always there.

THX
I can confirm he was there on 6/13. However, they did rotate on and off the platform during the half hour or so that we watched them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter