**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

My FP day is in two weeks.
There are three adults going in September.
Two adults have APs, the third adult just has this AH ticket (and one "regular" park ticket for the next day at Epcot).
I know I can FPs for the APs but I "should" be able to make two days worth of FP for the AH and "regular one day" ticket holder, is that correct? If so, what time can I begin to make my FP time start for the AH ticket holder?

Thank you.
Yes, you can make 2 days of FPs for the non-passholder. Do the regular park day selections first, then the AH night, beginning at 7 pm.

How are the crowds tonight?

We attended last night. It felt much more crowded than the two regular MK DAH events we’ve attended. The lines for attractions weren’t really any worse, but the park just felt much more crowded, even outside of the hub. It felt like there were twice as many people in the park.

We probably had our worst time yet. Still a relatively good time, but neither of use thought it was amazing like previous parties. The stage show and Maleficent stuff were good. Unfortunately we didn’t get to see much of Maleficent. We planned on watching her final lap after park closing. We staked out perfect spots at the end of Main Street, right in front of where the Xmas tree would sit. Unfortunately at 1:20am they announced Maleficent would be delayed. We were exhausted so we left. Very disappointing.

We also had issues with the free snacks. First off, I’m disappointed they’ve removed the Olaf bar and chocolate covered banana from the snack lineup. The banana was the only snack I was planning on getting, and the Olaf bar is my wife’s favorite. It’s just like Disney to charge way more for this event, and then remove value from it.

We also had issues getting room temperature sodas and waters, and ice creams that were melted and gross.

Unless we see reviews that the regular DAH is up to its previous standards when it returns, we are probably done with DAH at MK.

Tonight we are attending our first DAH at HS. I hope we enjoy it a little bit more!

Last edited:

We attended last night. It felt much more crowded than the two regular MK DAH events we’ve attended. The lines for attractions weren’t really any worse, but the park just felt much more crowded, even outside of the hub. It felt like there were twice as many people in the park.

We probably had our worst time yet. Still a relatively good time, but neither of use thought it was amazing like previous parties. The stage show and Maleficent stuff were good. Unfortunately we didn’t get to see much of Maleficent. We planned on watching her final lap after park closing. We staked out perfect spots at the end of Main Street, right in front of where the Xmas tree would sit. Unfortunately at 1:20am they announced Maleficent would be delayed. We were exhausted so we left. Very disappointing.

We also had issues with the free snacks. First off, I’m disappointed they’ve removed the Olaf bar and chocolate covered banana from the snack lineup. The banana was the only snack I was planning on getting, and the Olaf bar is my wife’s favorite. It’s just like Disney to charge way more for this event, and then remove value from it.

We also had issues getting room temperature sodas and waters, and ice creams that were melted and gross.

Unless we see reviews that the regular DAH is up to its previous standards when it returns, we are probably done with DAH at MK.

Tonight we are attending our first DAH at HS. I hope we enjoy it a little bit more!
They got rid of the Olaf bars? That’s a huge disappointment. I hadn’t heard that yet. That’s my favorite ice cream there. Are you planning on emailing about how things went?

They got rid of the Olaf bars? That’s a huge disappointment. I hadn’t heard that yet. That’s my favorite ice cream there. Are you planning on emailing about how things went?
Yeah, every snack location has a Villains themed sign showing the available frozen snacks. It just lists the premium bar, ice cream sandwich, and strawberry bar. It also mentions something about a sugar free bar available. We asked about the banana and Olaf bar, and were told they weren’t offered during the event.

I was on the fence about complaining, as we complained about a horrible Halloween party already last year and don’t want to get flagged in some way. But we attend tons of these events, so hopefully complaining about two wouldn’t raise any red flags. I think I will say something.

What email address have you guys been successful using?

My daughter and I attended last night. It was our first after hours event. We got an AP discount and we had fun but even so this is a one and done thing for us. I'm glad we went but we won't do it again. Just as we are done with MNSSHP which we've over a dozen times, this event is a high priced, oversold event that doesn't hold enough value for us.

This was our final night of a 7 night trip. The previous evening was an emh 1:00 a.m closing and I swear we had more fun at that.

Here are my random observations:

Snack lines were fine, but we were really bummed they didn't have the frozen bananas. The first box of popcorn tasted stale, like it had been sitting out for way too long. We threw it out. The second time it was fine. First ice cream sandwich was fine, the next one was a soggy mess we could not eat. Got two cokes from different carts, both were warm. Our waters were cold at least.

Ride lines were not bad except for Space and 7DMT. We spent one third of our party getting those knocked out (between midnight and 1). We wanted to experience the SM darkness/music and we hadn't been able to do 7DMT due to closures from weather earlier in the trip. We also waited 20 minutes for POTC right at the beginning but I noticed that wait went way down later on. Peter Pan was down the last hour so we missed that.

The park had way more people in it than I was expecting. Way more. We were in every area and never encountered that empty feeling I had heard about in previous after hours parties. At times it was packed. Very disappointed about that.

There were massive numbers of cms. At one point my dd and I were walking in a huge crowd of nothing but cms. It was odd.

Some highlights for us were riding Astro Orbiter and Aladdin's carpets with hardly anyone else. Both are rides we hadn't done in years. We liked Space Mountain a lot! It's our favorite ride so having it a little different was fun. Maleficent was amazing. We caught her at the end of the night on Main Street.

My best advice is do not suck up your time on Space Mountain, 7DMT or eating anything but the free stuff. We ate dinner at our resort before we got to MK at 7. That way we were hungry for ice cream at 10 and weren't wasting time. I can tell you that this 3 hours went so much quicker than I thought. I was thrilled that dd and I got off Space Mountain at 12:56 and hightailed over to TTA just before it closed. It was a relaxing way to milk out a little more time riding!

Here is what we rode in our 3 hours:
POTC
Aladdin's Carpets
Buzz
Astro Orbiter
Tea Cups
Winnie the Pooh
TTA (2x)
Space Mountain
7DMT

Would have loved to ride Splash Mountain and BTMRR but we just ran out of time. Still we rode a lot but I wanted that empty park feeling and believe me when I say the closest we got was on Astro Orbiter. As the two of us plus two other rockets rode around with beautiful views above Tomorrow Land it was special. The cm offered that we could stay on, I wish we had!

Disney has added this villain overlay and it's obviously bumped up crowds. Good for them, good for villains fans (of which we are not). Bad for me and my daughter. Again, we had fun but just not what we were hoping. I predict this event will get more crowded.

Yeah, every snack location has a Villains themed sign showing the available frozen snacks. It just lists the premium bar, ice cream sandwich, and strawberry bar. It also mentions something about a sugar free bar available. We asked about the banana and Olaf bar, and were told they weren’t offered during the event.

I was on the fence about complaining, as we complained about a horrible Halloween party already last year and don’t want to get flagged in some way. But we attend tons of these events, so hopefully complaining about two wouldn’t raise any red flags. I think I will say something.

What email address have you guys been successful using?
Wow that stinks. I hate that they see how far they can push these events. Taking away some of the snacks is getting to be too much. I still would like to try the villain dah once.

I usually use this one: guest.services@disneyworld.com

My daughter and I attended last night. It was our first after hours event. We got an AP discount and we had fun but even so this is a one and done thing for us. I'm glad we went but we won't do it again. Just as we are done with MNSSHP which we've over a dozen times, this event is a high priced, oversold event that doesn't hold enough value for us.

This was our final night of a 7 night trip. The previous evening was an emh 1:00 a.m closing and I swear we had more fun at that.

Here are my random observations:

Snack lines were fine, but we were really bummed they didn't have the frozen bananas. The first box of popcorn tasted stale, like it had been sitting out for way too long. We threw it out. The second time it was fine. First ice cream sandwich was fine, the next one was a soggy mess we could not eat. Got two cokes from different carts, both were warm. Our waters were cold at least.

Ride lines were not bad except for Space and 7DMT. We spent one third of our party getting those knocked out (between midnight and 1). We wanted to experience the SM darkness/music and we hadn't been able to do 7DMT due to closures from weather earlier in the trip. We also waited 20 minutes for POTC right at the beginning but I noticed that wait went way down later on. Peter Pan was down the last hour so we missed that.

The park had way more people in it than I was expecting. Way more. We were in every area and never encountered that empty feeling I had heard about in previous after hours parties. At times it was packed. Very disappointed about that.

There were massive numbers of cms. At one point my dd and I were walking in a huge crowd of nothing but cms. It was odd.

Some highlights for us were riding Astro Orbiter and Aladdin's carpets with hardly anyone else. Both are rides we hadn't done in years. We liked Space Mountain a lot! It's our favorite ride so having it a little different was fun. Maleficent was amazing. We caught her at the end of the night on Main Street.

My best advice is do not suck up your time on Space Mountain, 7DMT or eating anything but the free stuff. We ate dinner at our resort before we got to MK at 7. That way we were hungry for ice cream at 10 and weren't wasting time. I can tell you that this 3 hours went so much quicker than I thought. I was thrilled that dd and I got off Space Mountain at 12:56 and hightailed over to TTA just before it closed. It was a relaxing way to milk out a little more time riding!

Here is what we rode in our 3 hours:
POTC
Aladdin's Carpets
Buzz
Astro Orbiter
Tea Cups
Winnie the Pooh
TTA (2x)
Space Mountain
7DMT

Would have loved to ride Splash Mountain and BTMRR but we just ran out of time. Still we rode a lot but I wanted that empty park feeling and believe me when I say the closest we got was on Astro Orbiter. As the two of us plus two other rockets rode around with beautiful views above Tomorrow Land it was special. The cm offered that we could stay on, I wish we had!

Disney has added this villain overlay and it's obviously bumped up crowds. Good for them, good for villains fans (of which we are not). Bad for me and my daughter. Again, we had fun but just not what we were hoping. I predict this event will get more crowded.
Well that’s a bummer. If you have time I would definitely email them. I think they need to know that the event wasn’t what you expected and seemed overcrowded

Well that’s a bummer. If you have time I would definitely email them. I think they need to know that the event wasn’t what you expected and seemed overcrowded
I'm definitely emailing them. I should have emailed them in October after our completely awful MNSSHP. I'm going to bring that up too, better late than never lol.

Wow that stinks. I hate that they see how far they can push these events. Taking away some of the snacks is getting to be too much. I still would like to try the villain dah once.

I usually use this one: guest.services@disneyworld.com
When I went in Dec to a regular after hours, the banana or Olaf bar were not part of the offerings either. I thought it was always just popcorn, mickey bar, sandwich cookie and strawberry pop.

Was there last night. Never been an After Hours event, so I can't compare it. So to me the crowd level was wonderful, as this was the lowest amount of people I've ever been in the park with. Only rides that weren't walkon was SDMT and Space Mountain. We hit those 2 rides last hoping some of the crowds were going to be leaving. SDMT was a 20 minute wait I believe (maybe 25) and Space Mountain was listed as 15, but I think it was more like 20-25. I really enjoyed Space Mountain in the complete darkness, I do agree with a lot of people saying the overlay needed better sound. It was hard to hear Ursula throughout most of the ride as sounds from the ride itself was drowning it out.

The pirates overlay was neat, but having barbossa where he was kind of didn't make sense with the ride, but still cool.

Only snack I purchased was the Hades nachos. They were decent. I wanted to purchase one of the desserts, but just never got around to it in time. Did have a Mickey Ice Cream sandwhich that was good.

I know the first event was sold out, but does anyone know if last week's or last night's events were sold out?

Was there last night. Never been an After Hours event, so I can't compare it. So to me the crowd level was wonderful, as this was the lowest amount of people I've ever been in the park with. Only rides that weren't walkon was SDMT and Space Mountain. We hit those 2 rides last hoping some of the crowds were going to be leaving. SDMT was a 20 minute wait I believe (maybe 25) and Space Mountain was listed as 15, but I think it was more like 20-25. I really enjoyed Space Mountain in the complete darkness, I do agree with a lot of people saying the overlay needed better sound. It was hard to hear Ursula throughout most of the ride as sounds from the ride itself was drowning it out.

The pirates overlay was neat, but having barbossa where he was kind of didn't make sense with the ride, but still cool.

Only snack I purchased was the Hades nachos. They were decent. I wanted to purchase one of the desserts, but just never got around to it in time. Did have a Mickey Ice Cream sandwhich that was good.
I’m glad to read your review. I just spent $600 on tickets and was having serious regrets. I’m just in it for the low wait times. When do you think is the best time to ride SM?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter