**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I've been wondering this same thing! I have the after fireworks dessert party booked for Aug. 1 with my daughter, booked it before the Villians AH event was announced and dates released, and now I'm wondering if we're going to be forced to shove our food down and be forced out of the park. I kind of want to do this party, but I'm still on the fence, I just don't want the $100+ dollars I've already spent on the dessert party to be wasted if our time is cut short and we haven't decided to do the party.
happy to know I am not the only one.....wish someone knew the answer :confused:

We also attended on 6/13 and we had a great time. We were able to use 6 fp before the party started (Tink, Space, Buzz, Little Mermaid, met Rapunzel and Tiana, and Jungle Cruise). We started our fast passes at 6:40 so I was surprised we were able to get so many in in such a short time frame. We got on Jungle Cruise about 9:40 and then started with Pirates and worked our way around the park. We still did not have time for all the rides (I think we missed Dumbo, Pooh, Astro and the speedway). 7dmt was posted as a 25 minute wait, but I think it was more like a 15-20 minutes. Peter Pan was posted 5, but was more like 10-15. Space was also posted 10 minutes, but we waited at least 30. It caused us to miss the beginning of the 1:00 show. We tried several of the snacks (the Tarot card, the drink from the other side and the browkie). They were all really good, but the tarot card was one of the best snacks I had the entire week. I would definitely do another after hours event if the opportunity came up.

We shopped for the merchandise we wanted right at 7:00. The emporium was really busy so we walked over to Tomorrow Land. My siste

Interesting that you mention the weather on 6/13 as we thought the night was about as perfect as you could get in Florida in summer! Even my husband (who’s always hot!) commented on how pleasant the night was! Of course, I realize it’s all relative, and we were coming off some majorly hot days earlier in our trip, but we thought the weather was one of the highlights of the night!
We were there that night and I also thought the weather was about as pleasant as you get in June. We actually thought the whole week was much cooler than years past.

Is it possible to get wristband for Villains party in Tomorrowland if you are already in park or mist you return to front of park? I know we were able to do this during regular DAH parties.

So I thought we would end up doing the TL AH event, but the kids didn't want to. Go figure :confused3
I polled them all and the only park in common they had was MK. So I guess we are doing the MK event again but this time as a villains event!! We really enjoyed it over spring break.
We will be attending the 7/1 event!!

We tried several of the snacks (the Tarot card, the drink from the other side and the browkie). They were all really good, but the tarot card was one of the best snacks I had the entire week. I would definitely do another after hours event if the opportunity came up.
Did you happen to notice if any of the villain snacks were being sold prior to 10pm?

People talking about not having enough time to do things, and here I am thinking I am going to have a hard time stretching it out to make through the entire time.

It depends on how fast you move around the park, the size of your group and what you want to accomplish. DW and I have been to DAH twice (not Villains events). Both times we have used fastpasses to ride the big ticket items like SDMT so we were not worried about hitting it during DAH. So we just started by Dumbo and made our way counter-clockwise around the park hitting the rides we want.

For us, the value was in the less crowded park and being able to just move at our own pace from ride to ride with little or no wait. Both times we got done with our rides 50-60 minutes before the event ended, took photos on Main Street, met some characters and then spent the last 20 minutes or so in the rockers on the porch of the Town Square Theatre drinking soda eating popcorn and just enjoying people watching.

It depends on how fast you move around the park, the size of your group and what you want to accomplish. DW and I have been to DAH twice (not Villains events). Both times we have used fastpasses to ride the big ticket items like SDMT so we were not worried about hitting it during DAH. So we just started by Dumbo and made our way counter-clockwise around the park hitting the rides we want.

For us, the value was in the less crowded park and being able to just move at our own pace from ride to ride with little or no wait. Both times we got done with our rides 50-60 minutes before the event ended, took photos on Main Street, met some characters and then spent the last 20 minutes or so in the rockers on the porch of the Town Square Theatre drinking soda eating popcorn and just enjoying people watching.

Ya, it's just me (31) and a buddy whos same age, so there's a lot of rides cut out we won't be doing (dumbo, small world, etc). Got a FP for SDMT and Space Mountain (this is his first time at Disney, so want him to see normal Space and then the one with the overlay). We plan on getting there around 730.

My FP day is in two weeks.
There are three adults going in September.
Two adults have APs, the third adult just has this AH ticket (and one "regular" park ticket for the next day at Epcot).
I know I can FPs for the APs but I "should" be able to make two days worth of FP for the AH and "regular one day" ticket holder, is that correct? If so, what time can I begin to make my FP time start for the AH ticket holder?

Thank you.

Silliest question ever, I know, but seriously, how cool is DAH MK? I'm kind of a fan of special events and am planning a short trip with my 18 year old daughter. We've been to all of the parties (repeatedly), 4th of July, NYE (twice), Flower & Garden, etc. We've done Early Morning Magic - Fantasyland a couple of times and loved it. Reading through this (excellent) post, it sure looks overwhelmingly like people love DAH. I'd do a resort day and go into the park at 7pm for the fireworks and the event. You all really think it's a "must try"???
Replying to my own question with a (rather belated) update - my teen daughters and I attended Disney After Hours Magic Kingdom. It was our favorite WDW experience to date. So thanks to all who responded "Yes - do it!". You were right. It was awesome.

Stupid question, probably was already answered. We are going to enter the park around 730, my buddy doesn't have day tickets (I have an AP), just the villans EMH. Will they gave us bands there at the gate (or guest services), or do we need to go to one of the pickup locations in the park to get them?

The ticket is already on MDE and he has a magicband (if hat helps answer the question)

Last edited:
Stupid question, probably was already answered. We are going to enter the park around 730, my buddy doesn't have day tickets (I have an AP), just the villans EMH. Will they gave us bands there at the gate (or guest services), or do we need to go to one of the pickup locations in the park to get them?

The ticket is already on MDE and he has a magicband (if hat helps answer the question)
Since you are entering after 7pm, you can just go right to the special event entrance which will be roped off from the main park entrance tapstyles and receive your DAH bands as you enter the park. You can both tap your MagicBands and the tapstyle will recognize the DAH admission since its already linked.

Since you are entering after 7pm, you can just go right to the special event entrance which will be roped off from the main park entrance tapstyles and receive your DAH bands as you enter the park. You can both tap your MagicBands and the tapstyle will recognize the DAH admission since its already linked.

gotcha, thanks. Only time i've done any sort of party was Christmas but we were in MK in the morning and just picked it up in the park, so wasn't sure how the front gate was

Did you happen to notice if any of the villain snacks were being sold prior to 10pm?
We didn’t really look before 10:00, but we also found a lot t of the normal snack places were closed pretty early. I wanted a Cheshire Cat tail and it was closed around 8:00 or so when I went to get one.

We have tickets for tonight and I'm wondering when the free snacks start. I've half heartedly tried to find the answerto no avail

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter