**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I apologize if this has already been covered (not finding anything when I search for it), but what would be the advantages of attending a September DAH vs MNSSHP? If historical DAH costs are a good indicator, the MNSSHP tickets are considerably cheaper during my visit window (Sept. 18-25). I'm guessing there'd be much lower crowds for DAH and it includes snacks...any other major considerations? I'm looking to book one after-hours event for my family and want to be sure I'm not missing anything. TIA for any feedback from those of you who have been there, done that.

OMG I am so happy that they have added September dates!!! I will be there September 19 who else has s going??? See you there. :dancer::Pinkbounc:simba:

So am I correct in saying there’s nowhere that officially lists the event times for these new dates? One could imply 10-1 from the wording on the website, but it’s not entirely clear.
9/26 has closing at 9 so it might be 9-12 (at least on that day) like last year in September...curious to see if the prices stay the same?
Just so happy it's a regular DAH!!!

9/26 has closing at 9 so it might be 9-12 (at least on that day) like last year in September...curious to see if the prices stay the same?
Just so happy it's a regular DAH!!!

I would “think” since they added the new dates to the same page with the current (non Villains) pricing, I’m going to “assume” that means the price will stay the same. “Assume” being the key word there. Lol!

I am thrilled they added DAH dates in September! I may be in the minority, but I am hoping they will be the Villain themed ones...I want to see the overlays and the Villain stageshow! It would also be very fitting seeing as September is the Halloween season at WDW.

I am thrilled they added DAH dates in September! I may be in the minority, but I am hoping they will be the Villain themed ones...I want to see the overlays and the Villain stageshow! It would also be very fitting seeing as September is the Halloween season at WDW.
I think they are the normal ones and I’m guessing the reasoning is because they’re already pretty similar to the Halloween party. I might be wrong though

how are they similar? there are no villians at the halloween parties
There’s a stage show with villains at the Halloween party similar to the villain stage show for dah. They also serve a lot of the same “specialty” snacks (not the free ones at dah but the villain themed ones).

is it possible to do dessert parties at the after hours events or would that eat up too much time ?
We did it last Sept. and planning to do it again later this year. I thought it was worth it-but I am obsessed with HEA!!! The hardest part is navigating past everyone trying to leave the park but the CM's are pretty good at helping you get through the mobs of people. Absolutely doable and still have lots of time for dah. That being said, the only reason we did was to have a good spot for the fireworks and not hassle with the crowds. And our day the fireworks were at 8:00 and event started at 9.

Sure. Do DAH the 29th, then go directly to HS and get in line for 6 AM opening. I mean, go big or go home, right???

I bet if you did that (getting in line around 1:30 or 2 AM) you wouldn't even be first in line at HS.
It is vacation time who sleeps??? With DAH for September being true I have to rearrange my park week. HS 6am is gonna be hard especially after having MNSSHP the night before!!!???

I've got a question regarding the After Hours Villains, but this may not be the correct place or time to ask it... apologies in advance.

Does anyone have an inkling as to when the Villain merchandise and menu items will be made available for purchase? Part of me says after 10pm, but I also could also picture the desserts and event merch being sold after 7pm, when event ticket holders are allowed in (possibly for those with bracelets only).

I suppose all questions will be answered shortly, but I was wondering if anyone has insight from prior events.

Sure. Depends on how you want to spend your pre-DAH event time, what time HEA is that night, what time DAH is, etc, but certainly doable and many have.

I was toying with the idea of doing the dessert party again since we had such a great experience last year. Would you rec Before on a DAH night? I’m still kind of at a loss for what to do that day as it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!