**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

hopping onto this thread...coming in august , just decided this week for this trip and am knew to the dah events as far as being informed and never attending one. Will there be an event in august (20-25) even though halloween party is that first week in mk? will there be one maybe in dhs? would love to attend one. and if you think they will hopefully when would that be announced? sorry to hop on late and ask this question if it has already been asked.

Quick question about park entry for EMH. We will be there on 6/6/19 and will be walking over from the Contemporary. We have a 7:45 adr at the California Grill and will watch HEA from there. Since the crowds will be emptying out after that, is there a separate entrance in like they usually have for MNSSHP or MVMCP?

I take my daughter to MegaCon every year, and we have AP's, so I usually stay on-site and we hit the parks each afternoon once we leave the convention center. In the past, MegaCon has always been on Memorial Day weekend, and the parks were pretty busy, particularly the closer we got to Monday. This year, they moved it up a week, and it was a big difference. We hit MK on Thursday afternoon (about 3pm), and we had tickets for the DAH event that night. By 7pm, everything started to clear out. Below is a picture of the Space Mountain queue at 8:45pm. They had started using only the FP side. I also included some pictures of various places in the park during DAH. They were all taken around 10:30pm to 11:00pm. Picture quality is iffy as I took them on the move with one hand, so I am surprised they came out as well as they did. This is about as empty as I can remember seeing MK in a long time.

Attachments

• EmptyMK1.jpg
    EmptyMK1.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 34
  • EmptyMK2.jpg
    EmptyMK2.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 31
  • EmptyMK3.jpg
    EmptyMK3.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 31
  • EmptyMK4.jpg
    EmptyMK4.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 31
  • EmptySpaceMnt1.jpg
    EmptySpaceMnt1.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Quick question about park entry for EMH. We will be there on 6/6/19 and will be walking over from the Contemporary. We have a 7:45 adr at the California Grill and will watch HEA from there. Since the crowds will be emptying out after that, is there a separate entrance in like they usually have for MNSSHP or MVMCP?
I’m assuming you mean dah not emh. Those are two different things but hopefully you’re talking about the ticketed event. There is an entrance near the middle that says event entrance on top.

Looks like there will be DAH through September!

Disney After Hours at Magic Kingdom Park
Select Nights through September 2019
Experience a truly magical occasion when Magic Kingdom park stays open for 3 extra hours, after the park closes to other Guests! Delight in classic experiences with little to no wait time. Plus, enjoy delicious treats.

Tickets are on sale now for events through May 2019. Additional event dates go on sale May 30, 2019.

NEW Event Dates – On Sale May 30
Tickets for the following event dates will go on sale Thursday, May 30, 2019:

• Thursday, August 22, 2019
  • Thursday, August 29, 2019
  • Thursday, September 5, 2019
  • Thursday, September 12, 2019
  • Thursday, September 19, 2019
  • Thursday, September 26, 2019

Maybe they will add more DAH Villains during that time.

Looks like that will be our only hope. Maybe they think that with all the guest previews/soft openings that week for SWGE that people won't want to do DAH. Before a rumor gets started, I'm completely kidding and have no knowledge of previews!!!

Looks like that will be our only hope. Maybe they think that with all the guest previews/soft openings that week for SWGE that people won't want to do DAH. Before a rumor gets started, I'm completely kidding and have no knowledge of previews!!!
:rotfl:

Should I do Aug 29th knowing I'll want to try and get to HS the following morning for a 6am opening? What to do?

Should I do Aug 29th knowing I'll want to try and get to HS the following morning for a 6am opening? What to do?
I'm usually up for most anything, but that would be rough!! You figure if DHS opens at 6:00 AM and you want to be there by 5 (I'm sure some might go earlier those days), you would have to get up at what, 4:00-ish at the latest? That's assuming you won't have to get lots of kids ready, just yourself, and you won't have a lot of travel time. I didn't look up what time the MK closes to know what time DHS will end, but lets say 12:30. Back to your resort 1-1:30. Even if you can fall asleep immediately you get 3 or so hours of sleep! Maybe if you power through and then go back for a nap fairly early in the day on the 30th, but it seems like a set up for someone possibly crashing completely or if you have kids going a good setup for a meltdown! Not to say I wouldn't try if it was just me, or me and someone like me, but no way could I do that with my kids, and I don't think my DH would be very willing either lol! Update us if you do it!

So am I correct in saying there’s nowhere that officially lists the event times for these new dates? One could imply 10-1 from the wording on the website, but it’s not entirely clear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!