**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I’m going on the 23rd for my first time. I was wondering two things. If I arrive at 9pm or so, but not interested in fireworks, is it impossible to walk through to the back of the park? At the end of DAH, I know monorails are not running but is the ferry to TTC parking running?

I’m going on the 23rd for my first time. I was wondering two things. If I arrive at 9pm or so, but not interested in fireworks, is it impossible to walk through to the back of the park? At the end of DAH, I know monorails are not running but is the ferry to TTC parking running?
It isn't impossible walking anywhere in the park, except perhaps the middle of Main Street or the hub. Stick to the sidewalks. It will be congested, but the castmembers keep people moving. It doesn't matter where you're headed during the fireworks, there will be a path.

I don't know about the ferry.

The ferry to the TTC was running after the May 9th event. That's how we got back to our car.

Some crowd pics from the May 9th event:

59813841_10157566323571416_1035195544785387520_n.jpg

60216447_10157566323636416_7129674255712649216_n.jpg

59915423_10157566323786416_6142450815563988992_n.jpg

60236586_10157566323831416_8329559419520024576_n.jpg

60089928_10157566323871416_2248864349567320064_n.jpg

60034409_10157566323911416_523915508223836160_n.jpg

What are your preferred strategies for DAH at MK? Do you want to be near in a certain land at 10PM? We are doing one in July. We'll be in the park around 5PM and am trying to figure out a good game plan to cut down on criss-crossing the park for 8 hours.

What are your preferred strategies for DAH at MK? Do you want to be near in a certain land at 10PM? We are doing one in July. We'll be in the park around 5PM and am trying to figure out a good game plan to cut down on criss-crossing the park for 8 hours.
We like to start in Adventureland/Frontierland and save fantasyland close to last. It helps to wait sometimes because the fantasyland rides will still have day guests in them.

We have started both of our DAHs on Dumbo right as the fireworks were going off/DAH was beginning. We then worked our way counter-clockwise around the park. We haven't done SDMT during DAH since we usually use FPs for that, so we hit all of the other rides/attractions ending with the Peoplemover.

We have watched the fireworks from the Astro Orbiter every trip we have done MKAH. Its really cool and then we just hit Buzz, Space( Usually 2 or 3 times in a row), then cross to adventureland and work back towards fantasyland for late in the night. We have done MKAH several times and can usually ride crazy amounts of stuff and still have time to enjoy the snacks. Plus near the end of the night, particularly on the 1AM enders, the park is so quiet we have done pics on main street sitting on the ground with the castle in the background. Its an amazing pic and the CMs will gladly do it.

Hi everyone. I apologize in advance if this has already been answered somewhere in this thread, but I have a question regarding FP selections.

We are going to one of the Villains AH events in July. We do not have APs, and we do not have any other park tickets for our time there. I have heard that FP can be made in advance, but when I look in MDE, it says we can begin making selections in October (for our December trip).

I read at the beginning of this thread there have been some glitches with making FPs. Could this be an MDE glitch, or will we only be able to make FP selections once we enter MK for that night?
Thank you in advance for your help! :)

Hi everyone. I apologize in advance if this has already been answered somewhere in this thread, but I have a question regarding FP selections.

We are going to one of the Villains AH events in July. We do not have APs, and we do not have any other park tickets for our time there. I have heard that FP can be made in advance, but when I look in MDE, it says we can begin making selections in October (for our December trip).

I read at the beginning of this thread there have been some glitches with making FPs. Could this be an MDE glitch, or will we only be able to make FP selections once we enter MK for that night?
Thank you in advance for your help! :)
Are you staying on site and within your 60 days? If not, you will have to wait until 30 days before. Not sure if maybe that is the reason.

Are you staying on site and within your 60 days? If not, you will have to wait until 30 days before. Not sure if maybe that is the reason.

No, we're staying off site. I thought that may be why it isn't showing up, but I'm thinking since the tickets are linked it should say that we are eligible to make FP selections in June then, shouldn't it?

We
No, we're staying off site. I thought that may be why it isn't showing up, but I'm thinking since the tickets are linked it should say that we are eligible to make FP selections in June then, shouldn't it?
I think at 30 days you should be able to make 3 FPs. But I have to admit I’m not sure, since I’ve never had that same scenario. Having just a specialty ticket is different from a regular pass, so maybe that’s the difference in what you see?

Are the photopass photographers out during this event? I would love to get some shots with my parents if possible. My parents are 74 and 80 and I'm never sure if they will be able to come with us again.

Are the photopass photographers out during this event? I would love to get some shots with my parents if possible. My parents are 74 and 80 and I'm never sure if they will be able to come with us again.
Yep they are. They’re mostly just on Main Street but some people have been able to do the tangled picture during the event

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter