**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

For those of you attending a DAH and staying offsite without a car, did you use Uber or Lyft or something else? I have never used them before and wondering how they work after an event like this? We may be staying at a hotel over by Universal Studios so trying to decide on the safest way to get back to our hotel. The MK DAH event we are looking at ends at 1:00am.

(also.....any suggestions on the best way to get from Universal to Disney (either a resort or a park)....just in general). Thanks in advance!
You could take a lyft or Uber but I believe you would have to go to the TTC since that’s where they would pick up

Does anyone know if "Disney After Hours"has significantlly less people than "Extra Magic Hours." I know you do not get the free snacks , but is there any other differences, beside cost?
Extra magic hours and dah aren’t even close imo. I think evening emh has gotten pretty bad because of how many resorts are included in it. The last two we've gone to at mk have had really long waits for sm and 7dmt. Dah really only has a 15-20 minute wait sometimes for 7dmt and pp (maybe even shorter than that at times) but the rest are all walk ons or maybe a 5 minute wait. It’s also a good chance to meet characters with super short lines and just take in the atmosphere of mk with such little crowds. Dh and I definitely get our money’s worth from all of that and we eat TONS of snacks

Does anyone know if "Disney After Hours"has significantlly less people than "Extra Magic Hours." I know you do not get the free snacks , but is there any other differences, beside cost?

They are in different stratospheres of guest count. I am not a fan of MK PM EMHs unless it happens to be a really late 11-1, 12-2 or rare 1-3 version which tends to get a smaller crowd due to the late hours. But 8-10, 9-11, or 10-12 EMH? I’m not a fan. They are very popular and will typically have a large attendance. Better than a non-EMH night for sure, just not no-wait level crowds.

They are in different stratospheres of guest count. I am not a fan of MK PM EMHs unless it happens to be a really late 11-1, 12-2 or rare 1-3 version which tends to get a smaller crowd due to the late hours. But 8-10, 9-11, or 10-12 EMH? I’m not a fan. They are very popular and will typically have a large attendance. Better than a non-EMH night for sure, just not no-wait level crowds.

IMO, EMH nights are worse than no EMH nights, because there’s no FP during EMH!

When we have taken Uber or Lyft to and from MK, we request drop off/pick up from the Contemporary then walk over to MK. Much easier.
Do you think it would be a problem getting an Uber to the Contemporary between 1am and 2am for a ride back to Universal area?

Do you think it would be a problem getting an Uber to the Contemporary between 1am and 2am for a ride back to Universal area?

No, I don’t think so. I mean, there may be a little wait at that hour, but destination shouldn’t be an issue. We have taken Ubers on Disney property pretty late (though not as late as 2 am, more like 11:30-12:30) and never waited more than 10 minutes.

I don’t think so. We’ve never met her during dah but I haven’t read any reports of long waits for her

Is there usually a long wait to see Tinker Belle during this event?
We saw her, there were probably 2 parties ahead of us at the end of the night. (11:45 ish?) In fact we joked with her about the long flight from the castle to Town Square. We wanted to keep the magic for DGS.

We saw her, there were probably 2 parties ahead of us at the end of the night. (11:45 ish?) In fact we joked with her about the long flight from the castle to Town Square. We wanted to keep the magic for DGS.
As long as you don’t go by yourself and record yourself for 10-15 minutes with the character....

For those of you attending a DAH and staying offsite without a car, did you use Uber or Lyft or something else? I have never used them before and wondering how they work after an event like this? We may be staying at a hotel over by Universal Studios so trying to decide on the safest way to get back to our hotel. The MK DAH event we are looking at ends at 1:00am.

(also.....any suggestions on the best way to get from Universal to Disney (either a resort or a park)....just in general). Thanks in advance!

never mind. I missed the without a car part!

Looking at the app right now and don’t see Peter Pan listed on app wait times

Is that common for EH parties?

I need some technical support please :) - whenever I try to click on the "Disney After Hours at Magic Kingdom Park" on the Special Events and Tours page, I get the message: "This page isn't working...disneyworld.disney.go.com redirected you too many times". It directs me to try to clear my cookies but I've done that and it doesn't seem to be the issue. It's kind of annoying because I'm not able to check to see if any new dates are released. Fortunately, I can follow this thread to get that info (thanks everyone!) but it would be nice to be able to check firsthand (and book online if dates open up). It's weird though because I can click on the links to the other DAH events with no issue. Any suggestions?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter