**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I somehow skipped over your post this morning. Does PM normally go one speed the whole time? Every time we’ve done it it goes pretty fast until you go inside sm and buzz

It definitely changes speed there, but last year I had casually timed it for some reason during the day and it was about 10 minutes. When we went on that night, we were off in about 5 and it "felt" faster overall. But I wasn't really thinking about it so I could be wrong. I will do more stringent field experiments next week and let you know!

Also, to add to the variations, I may do a "boy" train and a "girl" train! And a "parent" and "kids" train...and a "you guys go on Astro Orbiter without me" train

It definitely changes speed there, but last year I had casually timed it for some reason during the day and it was about 10 minutes. When we went on that night, we were off in about 5 and it "felt" faster overall. But I wasn't really thinking about it so I could be wrong. I will do more stringent field experiments next week and let you know!

Also, to add to the variations, I may do a "boy" train and a "girl" train! And a "parent" and "kids" train...and a "you guys go on Astro Orbiter without me" train
Lol omg :rotfl2: Please make sure you have thorough research so I can go off of your notes

I'm going 2/14. When I called and bought the ticket the CM said I can pick up my credentials for the event at the guest services window before I enter the park. I'm assuming you just get a wristband for this and I can get it after I enter the park? I have hoppers and was planning on heading over a few hours before the event starts.

I'm going 2/14. When I called and bought the ticket the CM said I can pick up my credentials for the event at the guest services window before I enter the park. I'm assuming you just get a wristband for this and I can get it after I enter the park? I have hoppers and was planning on heading over a few hours before the event starts.
Yep you just get a wristband. You can get it in the park, but I don't think they will hand them out until 7 pm. It's possible they might start early, but no one really knows right now.

If your tickets aren’t showing in MDE and are ‘will call’ then I suspect that’s what she is saying you’ll need to pick up outside the park. If the are showing in MDE then you should be all set

Yeah, what @chelynnah said.

When did you buy the ticket? Did you receive a ticket card by mail?

I apologize in advance if I missed this in the prior postings.......does anyone know why, or is there a theory, there are no DAH events at any of the Parks the week of March 11th?

I ‘think’ one of the theories/ideas is that that is a big Texas spring break week and likely a bigger spring break week altogether. Likely indicates longer hours are in order that week (speculation though).

Yeah, what @chelynnah said.

When did you buy the ticket? Did you receive a ticket card by mail?
The ticket is showing in MDE, shs gave me the confirmation number on the call then asked if I wanted credentials mailed to me or pick them up in the park. I just said I'd pick them up in the park but after I got off the phone it occurred to me that I had no clue what she meant. Just bought the ticket Monday.

The ticket is showing in MDE, shs gave me the confirmation number on the call then asked if I wanted credentials mailed to me or pick them up in the park. I just said I'd pick them up in the park but after I got off the phone it occurred to me that I had no clue what she meant. Just bought the ticket Monday.

Cool, thanks. Just curious for my own tracking of info for the thread, did you manually add ticket to your MDE profile with the confirmation number they gave you?

Since your DAH ticket is in/on your MDE profile and you’ll already be in the park, you can pick up your DAH credentials (wristband) at the options below (I’m cutting/pasting from the FAQ posts up thread as I’m not somewhere I can type this all out, so forgive me):

What if Already in the Park? In-Park Disney After Hours Credential Pick-Up Locations

• For guests who have already entered the park via a regular park ticket or AP admission prior to 7pm, various locations are available to pick-up your DAH credentials:
    • The FP kiosks area just outside of the former Stich's Great Escape ride
    • Tortuga Tavern (note: I'd love to know exactly where)
    • Liberty Square ticket office
    • City Hall guest relations office
    • Note: These locations have changed/morphed over time: if you see other locations or find any of the above to not be available on your night, please let me know.
Hope that helps!

Cool, thanks. Just curious for my own tracking of info for the thread, did you manually add ticket to your MDE profile with the confirmation number they gave you?

Since your DAH ticket is in/on your MDE profile and you’ll already be in the park, you can pick up your DAH credentials (wristband) at the options below (I’m cutting/pasting from the FAQ posts up thread as I’m not somewhere I can type this all out, so forgive me):

What if Already in the Park? In-Park Disney After Hours Credential Pick-Up Locations

• For guests who have already entered the park via a regular park ticket or AP admission prior to 7pm, various locations are available to pick-up your DAH credentials:
    • The FP kiosks area just outside of the former Stich's Great Escape ride
    • Tortuga Tavern (note: I'd love to know exactly where)
    • Liberty Square ticket office
    • City Hall guest relations office
    • Note: These locations have changed/morphed over time: if you see other locations or find any of the above to not be available on your night, please let me know.
Hope that helps!

Thanks! Yes, I just entered the confirmation # she gave me.

Thanks! Yes, I just entered the confirmation # she gave me.

Thanks! Yeah, you just need your MagicBand (or hard ticket, however you enter the park) and you’re good. They’ll scan it and then give you a wristband. I do keep my confirmation e-mails (if I’ve received one) in an accessible folder just in case I run into any snafus, but it usually works just fine.

Have fun!

Curious, especially for those who just attended, are they distributing lanyards at all or only the wristbands?

It's been wristbands for a while now. Which is sad because I really wanted a cool lanyard. I think Tim Tracker said it was something to do with people transferring the lanyards...

Curious, especially for those who just attended, are they distributing lanyards at all or only the wristbands?

I believe from reports it’s all wristbands now. I know DHS DAH was only wristbands in December and I think the same has been going on at MK too. For 9/20 at MK they gave wristbands but some people had lanyards (could never figure out where they got them). I think that may have been among the last nights (if not the last night) that lanyards have been seen.

I guess not surprising with the increase in frequency of these things, they’ve opted for the cheaper alternative.

I ‘think’ one of the theories/ideas is that that is a big Texas spring break week and likely a bigger spring break week altogether. Likely indicates longer hours are in order that week (speculation though).

That's our spring break in NW OH too. I know someone that went that week last year and said it was a lot busier then they had expected since it was the first time we didn't have spring break connected with Easter week. They thought we were lucky having spring break moved to early-mid March

I believe from reports it’s all wristbands now. I know DHS DAH was only wristbands in December and I think the same has been going on at MK too. For 9/20 at MK they gave wristbands but some people had lanyards (could never figure out where they got them). I think that may have been among the last nights (if not the last night) that lanyards have been seen.

I guess not surprising with the increase in frequency of these things, they’ve opted for the cheaper alternative.

I figured :( I emailed them about 9/20 and they kindly sent me some in the mail :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter