**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

For those who have gone to DAH a second (or more times), did you change your plan of attack from the first time you went?

For example, DW and I went a year ago and basically started in Fantasyland and made our way around the park back to Tomorrowland. Worked out great. DW thinks we should do the same way this year. I suggested that we spend more time focusing on riding our favorite rides as many times as possible. To which she asked "How many time can one really ride the Peoplemover?" So I showed her the following formula:
((Facing Forward + Facing Backwards) x (Front of the Train + Back of Train) x (With People on the Train + With Only Ourselves) x (DW and I in one car + DW and I in separate cars) x (DW and I on the same train + DW and I on different Trains) x (Sleeping + Awake)) = N.

But really, as to the initial question . . .

Well, since I didn't really have a plan of attack the first time, I didn't really have one on other times either. Although might be easy for me to to say/do as we have APs and make a couple of trips a year, so we're not trying to do 'everything' during DAH.

My DAH plan is pretty much no plan... just take it all in and go with the flow/moods. If that means I criss-cross the park a couple of times, I'm OK with that. More opportunities to take in the atmosphere.

Funny post BTW. :-) Get one with the PeopleMover orange cone and you'll have done it all!

Hi, We are going to be in Orlando in March and I see there is DAH on 3/7 from 9-12. We are night owls so that would be perfect. Can anyone tell me if they let you in earlier than 9 pm? I would imagine they wouldn't make you wait in line to walk in the door at 9 pm.

Also, any idea how many people will be in the parks? Do you think there will be short waits at that time of the year? TIA.

Guests with DAH tickets may enter the park at 7pm officially. In the past when they really let you in has varied from 6ish-7. Monday's event was 6:30pm, the prior two were more like 7 from reports - so it's a bit inconsistent at the moment.

The exact guest count for DAH is unknown. People throw out 3,000, but I don't think anyone really knows - and the ones that do aren't talking. :-) From my personal experience, there are definitely other people in the park, but most rides are consistent walk-ons. Rides like 7DMT, PP, and Speedway (slow loader, only a few cars running) have a more material wait. Most recommend to leave 7DMT until closer to the end.

You can have times where there won't be many others around, and times when you're not alone. You can pass a snack cart with a long line and then the next one you see might have no one there. How things feel/what you see can vary as you move around the park.

If you stay until the end and watch people flow out of the park, you realize just how many people are there and how much the MK can absorb a TON of people in the various lands/rides.

Hope that helps!

For those of you who have done DAH before in MK, which land do you usually start in? I know when the event first starts we will be dealing with those who were in line when the park closed, so what area of the park typically empties out fastest?

We have started DAH in the back of Fantasyland both times and it worked out great. We walked on Little Mermaid before the start of the event, hit Dumbo right at event start and then did barnstormer a few times without having to exit. It is deserted back there at the start of DAH, so if you want to experience that area it is a great time.

Our next trip is just me and DH without the kids, so we will skip those rides. I don't have as much of a plan with just the two of us, but definitely plan to leave 7DMT for later in the night. I think everything else is pretty much a walk-on for most of the event.

We have started DAH in the back of Fantasyland both times and it worked out great. We walked on Little Mermaid before the start of the event, hit Dumbo right at event start and then did barnstormer a few times without having to exit. It is deserted back there at the start of DAH, so if you want to experience that area it is a great time.

Our next trip is just me and DH without the kids, so we will skip those rides. I don't have as much of a plan with just the two of us, but definitely plan to leave 7DMT for later in the night. I think everything else is pretty much a walk-on for most of the event.
Count us in the “not having a plan” club

I don't plan on having a plan, per se, just wanted to know if there was a better area of the park to start in while we wait for the crowd to empty out! :)

Lol and the mocking begins. Actually our first ride on people mover was during our first dah last year. I absolutely love pm now. The cm was so fun and asked if we brought her a popsicle too

I am a long-time people mover fan and it was definitely on my list for DAH last year! The ride actually took about half as long as usual - I hadn't realized that they speed up the trains sometimes, lol! Looking forward to it this year - might have to do some variations as @BK2014 mentioned!

The only thing we planned ahead of time last year was whether to watch HEA in the hub since it was at the start or the event, or to do BTMR during the fireworks. We did the latter and it was beautiful! The rest of the night we played by ear...Need to make the same decision this year! Maybe we will do as @abbiesmomma suggested and plan a quick getaway to Adventureland!

I apologize in advance if I missed this in the prior postings.......does anyone know why, or is there a theory, there are no DAH events at any of the Parks the week of March 11th?

The only thing we planned ahead of time last year was whether to watch HEA in the hub since it was at the start or the event, or to do BTMR during the fireworks. We did the latter and it was beautiful! The rest of the night we played by ear...Need to make the same decision this year! Maybe we will do as @abbiesmomma suggested and plan a quick getaway to Adventureland!

We are sort of in that same boat in April...we have the dessert party booked on the 10th and DAH on the 11th...I'm inclined to swap out the dessert party to the 11th and still hitting MK on the 10th by doing some stuff during the fireworks...the 10th also just so happens to be a EMH night as well...#FirstWorldProblems :-)

We are sort of in that same boat in April...we have the dessert party booked on the 10th and DAH on the 11th...I'm inclined to swap out the dessert party to the 11th and still hitting MK on the 10th by doing some stuff during the fireworks...the 10th also just so happens to be a EMH night as well...#FirstWorldProblems :-)

I think given the timing of HEA could make sense on your date. HEA looks like it's at 9:15 pm, and DAH starts at 10pm, so if you're doing the pre-fireworks party, you could watch the fireworks and relax for a little bit while the crowds disperse and still probably get to a land by 10ish. It might leave your other MK night more open and flexible, maybe? Trying to think of a downside but given the time cushion, nothing comes to mind off-hand...

1/17 it overlaps, so we'll need to figure out if we want to sacrifice a little time. We've seen it only once, so it might be worth it. Of course the trip is a surprise for the kids, so even though it's next week they don't know, so we haven't really had the opportunity to strategize, lol!

We are doing our very first DAH during our trip next month (yay!!!) I've read through much of this thread and have seen folks referencing getting a different/unique experience on Jungle Cruise. I absolutely LOVE Jungle Cruise - the puns, the dad jokes, it's the best! I particularly love it when I've got a rogue Skipper who will go off script a bit, so the prospect of getting a different JC experience is intriguing. Does anyone who has experienced this have any tips? Should I wait and go really late when our chances of being on a boat alone or with very few people are presumably better? (I had planned to start DAH in Adventureland, but could double back if necessary). Will the presence of my 12- and 15-year-old discourage the Skipper in any way? Should I tell the Skipper we'd like the different spiel? Definitely not looking for spoilers about exactly what to expect, just how to maximize our chances. Thanks!

I am a long-time people mover fan and it was definitely on my list for DAH last year! The ride actually took about half as long as usual - I hadn't realized that they speed up the trains sometimes, lol! Looking forward to it this year - might have to do some variations as @BK2014 mentioned!
I somehow skipped over your post this morning. Does PM normally go one speed the whole time? Every time we’ve done it it goes pretty fast until you go inside sm and buzz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter