**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

With H20 Glow Nights being held on Thursdays and Saturdays through summer, I wonder if this will impact DAH at Magic Kingdom. I know it’s speculation but thoughts?

That is my question too. We are going from July 27th to August 2nd and I am hoping at least one of the after hours events is held at one of the parks. With the H20 Glow Nights being on Thursday and Saturday, I am wondering if they are not planning on hosting these events in the other parks. I know that traditionally they would expand hours during the summer but with the lower crowds expected, I am hoping they want the extra revenue from these events rather than simply expanding hours.

With H20 Glow Nights being held on Thursdays and Saturdays through summer, I wonder if this will impact DAH at Magic Kingdom. I know it’s speculation but thoughts?

I doubt it will have any impact. I am more concerned for MK AH that DHS AHs are historically on Saturdays. I made a spreadsheet with historical dates for all these ticketed events and happy that confirmations are starting to come in but I really want to finish my planning! I am keeping Thursday’s and Saturdays open just in case.

We had an MK day earlier in the week and after our first 3 fastpasses, we were actually able to get 4 more using the app! (1 at a time) Our last extra one was the Mickey/Minnie meet from 9-9:30PM (10PM park closing). So that might be something to look into after you've completed your first 3.
Yeah, I found that as I scanned my magic band for an attraction, I could immediately grab another fast pass. In fact, my goal is to never ever pre plan any but the first FP and do exactly what we did after MK EMM. We waited in no stand by lines whatsoever. Just kept refreshing and actually stayed in the land we wanted before moving on.

Last edited:
From what I can find, they didn’t offer DAH’s in May last year. True? And is there any reason to think they will this year? Seems awfully late to announce them.

The only May DAH dates have been the original failed 2016 DAH experiment (later hours, higher price). Haven't seen them since, but obviously we're seeing DAH over a lot more new times now than prior years. Historical charts are here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-faq-discussion-thread.3713652/#post-59898158

Thanks! Guess I’ll keep my fingers crossed! Thursday would be my only available day and that’s the day we arrive after a red eye. It’ll be exhausting, we have Artists Point that evening as well, but I’d do it. I can sleep at home!!

I'm not thinking Glow nights would affect DAH at all, since they're at the water park. Or am I missing something?

I think the poster was questioning if Disney would offer two up-charge/hard ticket/after hours type events on the same night, in this case MK DAH and H20 Glow Nights at TL - effectively competing with each other for those seeking after hours/special events. But like we saw in 2018, Disney must not be concerned and/or thinks/knows they are different audiences and/or has enough demand to spread around. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter