**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

My confirmation for May 16 says 9-12. Ddisney's park hours for that day has MK closing at 9 with the after hours listed for 10-1. Guess something is messed up or the park hours are all going to change

Has anyone had any luck booking FPP for their DAH night? Its our day off so we won't be using a park ticket earlier. If you have, how do you book them? And how early can you book them?

I struggled in the beginning because I forgot about the 30 day window, but I was able to book three betweem 6 annd 9 including 7DMT.

Hey, @GADisneyDad14 when (trying to be optimistic) they change the park hours for MK to a 10 pm closing, is it likely HEA will stay at 9?

It should stay the same. HEA will rarely move with park hours changes. Once you have things like dessert parties and such that are bookable (which has been on a 180 day pattern for awhile now), the chances of an HEA time change are pretty low.

They had some last year the shifted 5-10 minutes here or there, but that was kind of an anomaly.

Ouch... I have an AP and my wife doesn’t, so I have specifically logged out to buy her a ticket at the $ 125 non AP rate..:o Oh well, at least the event is happing on a date that works great for us!

I confirmed by phone after I purchased ours with the discount. Was told you are allowed up to 4 tickets total with the AP discount.

I can't figure out why they did not extend MK to June unless they are maybe unsure about park hours. MK seems to vary the most on later nights, so I am hoping once they set park hours they will extend DAH. Our trip is the second week of June. We will probably do HS DAH, but really hoping for MK.

Ok. Family is on 7DMT. Pp was 12 minute wait. Stands have lines, but even s long one cycles in 5 minutes or do. BTMR and splash were walk ons — everything had been except these last two. There are definitely more people than in June, but it’s not crowded. Just not empty, and that’s okay because empty as kind of spooky. CMs are friendly and generous. It feels like 130 on a 2 am EMH.

If I’m guessing, probably about 7-10k here. A lot less than even a 1, but not empty. at midnight 7DMT was 17 minutes from entry to exit.

Last edited:
Ok. Family is on 7DMT. Pp was 12 minute wait. Stands have lines, but even s long one cycles in 5 minutes or do. BTMR and splash were walk ons — everything had been except these last two. There are definitely more people than in June, but it’s not crowded. Just not empty, and that’s okay because empty as kind of spooky. CMs are friendly and generous. It feels like 130 on a 2 am EMH.

If I’m guessing, probably about 7-10k here. A lot less than even a 1, but not empty. at midnight 7DMT was 17 minutes from entry to exit.

Thanks for the report! Was one side open at BTMR or both sides?

Tonight was great. We did 8 FP today-3 at HS and 5 at MK. MK was Pooh, Thunder, Space, Buzz & Mermaid. Two were multi experience passes from Space going down. Did 11 rides at AH. Pirates, Jungle, HM, Space X3, SDMT, PP, Thunder X2 & Pirates. Had drinks, popcorn, a frozen banana and an ice cream sandwich.
I’d say the event was as advertised:-)

Here’s a blurb from Page 1 that touches on the topic. Hope it helps.

FPs with a DAH Ticket
  • FPs are not available during the DAH event, all rides are standby only.
  • DAH tickets will allow for FP booking during regular park hours before the event starts, so - if you have no other FPs booked that day - one could book FPs with a DAH ticket during the regular park hours before the event.
  • HOWEVER, there can be issues when doing this, as has been happening for some people with MNSSHP and MVMCP events since 2017. Booking FPs with DAH tickets in combination with certain trip details/configurations can potentially cause Disney's system to flag your account for insufficient ticket entitlements and you will receive a warning that your last day of FPs will be cancelled if you do not address the problem.
  • Who and exactly why people get this warning remains elusive.
  • Bottom line - if you choose to book FPs with your DAH ticket entitlement and you have FPs booked on other days with regular park admission - you have some potential risk of receiving this warning... so keep an eye out.
Thank you!!

I struggled in the beginning because I forgot about the 30 day window, but I was able to book three betweem 6 annd 9 including 7DMT.

OK - so I can book them in a 30 day window - or at least try? I thought you couldn't enter until 7 but you were able to book at 6?

Has anyone had any luck booking FPP for their DAH night? Its our day off so we won't be using a park ticket earlier. If you have, how do you book them? And how early can you book them?

We’re going to DAH on April 11 and will do not have regular tickets for that day. I was able to book FPs as normal. Just to be safe I booked the first on to start at 7:00.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter