**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I am planning a last minute trip and thinking of adding this and hollywood studoos due to missing 60 day advance fastpass. We are staying in hilton doubletree in disneysprings. What sort of transportation is available for offsite disneyspring hotel guest after event? Or is a ride share recommended? Thanks in advance.

Sounds like everyone had a great time last night. I'm just wondering whether you were allowed to use the Fast Pass entrance or if they are still making DAH people go through the regular standby lines which seems like a real waste of valuable time.
They had us go through the standby line.

Your peace of mind may require it be printed, but Disney doesn’t.

You’re very welcome. I’m happy to answer any questions.
As great as the event was, I was most excited about getting in at 6:00.
I’m super happy it’s 6 also. Did it seem random or preplanned that DAH was let in at 6? I know previous a party sounded like the CMs weren’t really sure when to let you in for an 8pm party.
Did you feel rushed to get done what you wanted?

Here is what we did last night: Pirates, BTMRR, HM, Buzz Light-year, People Mover, SM, 7DMT, Splash Mtn. Got popcorn, bottled waters and soda, Mickey bars, and a frozen banana in between rides. All in all a good night but more crowded than when we did it a couple of years ago. My feet were also really unhappy last night which made it tougher to hustle from ride to ride. We all agreed that the DAH at AK the night before was our favorite!

I’m super happy it’s 6 also. Did it seem random or preplanned that DAH was let in at 6? I know previous a party sounded like the CMs weren’t really sure when to let you in for an 8pm party.
Did you feel rushed to get done what you wanted?

I can’t really say whether it seemed pre-planned. We walked up at 6:02 and they scanned us in. I asked what time they had started letting ppl in and the CM said a couple minutes ago. He gave no indication if that was a new normal.

We didn’t feel rushed at all. We did lots of cross-crossing which is much easier with the super low crowds.

Last edited:

I am planning a last minute trip and thinking of adding this and hollywood studoos due to missing 60 day advance fastpass. We are staying in hilton doubletree in disneysprings. What sort of transportation is available for offsite disneyspring hotel guest after event? Or is a ride share recommended? Thanks in advance.

We had a very similar situation when we did our first DAH event at MK a couple of years ago. We were staying at the Buena Vista Palace near Disney Springs. After the event was over, we took a bus to Saratoga Springs Resort and walked to Disney Springs from there, then on to our hotel. It was dark (and very late) but everything was well lit and we didn't have any trouble or feel uneasy. It's probably not a walk I would make alone, but as long as I had company I would absolutely do it again.

As far as I know, there aren't any transportation options available to offsite hotels from these events, unless your hotel has a shuttle set up. If you didn't want to do the SSR > DS > Hotel walk, then I think a taxi or ride sharing service would be your only other option.

It looks like we're going to be at the same DAH and doing the Illuminations dining package on July 4th! :wave:

Yeah, we will have to meet up. :dogdance: It will be myself ,DH, and my DD. The Disney characters we look like are... DH is Woody, my Dad is Mr Fredrickson, and I guess you would say I’m a pre-menopausal Snow White. :rotfl:

What was it about DAH at AK that put it above DAH at MK for your group?
We were able to relax and soak up the atmosphere in AK plus we rode FoP twice with no wait along with NRJ twice without getting off the boat. My dad and sister ended up riding EE five times. Mostly we just didn't feel rushed and could enjoy our time. It felt like longer than three hours at AK and there were far fewer people there.

Hey, @GADisneyDad14 , I think we may have found the reason we're still waiting on late April, May, and points beyond! When they set dates and begin selling tickets, they're locking themselves in regarding park closing times. Maybe by waiting as long as possible, they're giving themselves more time to see if they need to extend park closing time first.
They updatedd the previous Thursday’s closing from 8-9 (as well as the Wed EMH to 10 from 8) and it still has an event, so probably not. It was just the two days in our week they didn’t adjust

They updatedd the previous Thursday’s closing from 8-9 (as well as the Wed EMH to 10 from 8) and it still has an event, so probably not. It was just the two days in our week they didn’t adjust

You're saying they announced DAH, began selling tickets, and THEN changed the time? I didn't realize they would do that.

Here is what we did last night: Pirates, BTMRR, HM, Buzz Light-year, People Mover, SM, 7DMT, Splash Mtn. Got popcorn, bottled waters and soda, Mickey bars, and a frozen banana in between rides. All in all a good night but more crowded than when we did it a couple of years ago. My feet were also really unhappy last night which made it tougher to hustle from ride to ride. We all agreed that the DAH at AK the night before was our favorite!
My daughter and I did it last year on a sold out night but we also felt that Thursday night seemed more crowded than last year, although we still had a blast and got a lot done! Doing DAH at HS tonight- glad you enjoyed AK!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter