**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

When I rode last year after we went down the big drop, I thought ha ha I didn't get wet! Well the next log that dropped splashed a tidal wave over my head! My hair was wet, my face, my shirt and my rear end.:rotfl:

Hoping with price increase and lack of meet and greets some people will steer clear and we won’t be watching the stage show anyway, so maybe that will help?

Had an amazing time at DAH last night. It was my first MK (I had done AK the night before) so I have nothing else to compare it to but I thought it was well worth the price of admission. Longest wait all night for me was about a fifteen minute wait for Dwarfs (posted 25). Was able to ride Splash in my own log a couple of times. I know it wasn’t a sell out, and I know others have reported more crowds, but I was very, very satisfied with the event.

Had an amazing time at DAH last night. It was my first MK (I had done AK the night before) so I have nothing else to compare it to but I thought it was well worth the price of admission. Longest wait all night for me was about a fifteen minute wait for Dwarfs (posted 25). Was able to ride Splash in my own log a couple of times. I know it wasn’t a sell out, and I know others have reported more crowds, but I was very, very satisfied with the event.
Thanks for the report. Of course, I've got to know.... how wet did you get on Splash?! :)

When should I be on the lookout for Sept 2019 announcement dates?

IF there will be any, they could be announced as late as August. So my advice would be to relax, watch this thread casually, and definitely be prepared with other plans in case they don't announce any events for your dates.

Check the historical chart but I think they are pretty rare during MNSSHP season.

I was lucky enough to be there during the only DAH offered in Sept 2018 and had the best time. I was hoping that more dates might be added but you are absolutely right. :( Maybe I will get lucky again and the one lone Sept DAH will fall in my dates.

So, back left is the best place to sit if you want to try to avoid getting soaked?
I got drenched in the back row last time I rode. the chute coming down sprayed on us just as we were moving under the cover. I am not sure where the safe spot is. LOL

I got drenched in the back row last time I rode. the chute coming down sprayed on us just as we were moving under the cover. I am not sure where the safe spot is. LOL
I don’t think there is one lol (especially if you get stuck by the waterfall like we did).

We just booked DAH MK for May 30th and AK for June 4th. It's letting me book FP for those two dates. I don't have any park tickets for those two days; just the DAH tickets. Is this ok or will I mess up the rest of my trip's FP? We have a 5 day ticket for the rest of our trip.

We will be going on June 13th which is the 2nd day of our trip. We could go the following week but my parents are only going to Disney with us for a week and they want to do this event as well.

I'm nervous that Disney changed the wording of the event to say "low wait times" instead of "little to no wait". I have wanted to attend this event for years, specifically for the no wait times, and this is the first opportunity that we have had to actually attend. Anyways, I know that many of you are waiting for reviews and I will try and write up a review while still there. All of the reviews that I have read the past 3(??) years have been so helpful for me.

:)

We will be going on June 13th which is the 2nd day of our trip. We could go the following week but my parents are only going to Disney with us for a week and they want to do this event as well.

I'm nervous that Disney changed the wording of the event to say "low wait times" instead of "little to no wait". I have wanted to attend this event for years, specifically for the no wait times, and this is the first opportunity that we have had to actually attend. Anyways, I know that many of you are waiting for reviews and I will try and write up a review while still there. All of the reviews that I have read the past 3(??) years have been so helpful for me.

:)
I will be looking for your review. We will be attending June 20th. I'm
not liking the low wait time statement, I'm thinking they are selling more tickets.

not liking the low wait time statement, I'm thinking they are selling more tickets.

Have you already purchased tickets, I thought they didn't go on sale until 4/29?

OK - so we are going in May, and I have not purchased the tickets yet. How long can I wait to but them? Does anyone know when they typically sell out?

We just booked DAH MK for May 30th and AK for June 4th. It's letting me book FP for those two dates. I don't have any park tickets for those two days; just the DAH tickets. Is this ok or will I mess up the rest of my trip's FP? We have a 5 day ticket for the rest of our trip.

I am wondering this same thing!

I am fairly certain they are selling more tickets.

I went in late July 2018 and then again on Thursday (April 4th). The July event was sold out, but when I looked midday on April 4th, tickets were still showing as available for that evening. However, the event a few days ago had more people in the park than in July. The rides were still walk-ons or nearly so, but the pathways were not empty, and it seemed like there were fewer empty ride vehicles.

I still had a great time. I'll try to write up a report soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter