**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

We've been to Disney in January, February, March and May and it's never been too cold for Splash. One year was too cold for me to get in the pool (though the kids thought it was fine!) but never too cold for Splash. You really don't get that wet on the ride.

I know we've probably moved on but somehow I always forget and sit on the right and end up stuck next to that waterfall. I do sometimes get wet if we're in the front but often I duck at the last minute on the drop #sorrynotsorry

I know we've probably moved on but somehow I always forget and sit on the right and end up stuck next to that waterfall. I do sometimes get wet if we're in the front but often I duck at the last minute on the drop #sorrynotsorry
So, back left is the best place to sit if you want to try to avoid getting soaked?

So, back left is the best place to sit if you want to try to avoid getting soaked?

Definitely left for sure, even third row is good. Just don't rely on the first row to take the brunt if you're in second because of people like me

It’s not just the big hill drop. It’s the stupid cannon that shoots out next to the big hill when you first start the ride. We were soaked in row 2 & 3 when we rode in February (as in the wettest I’ve ever been in 30+ rides through the years). I was left.

It’s not just the big hill drop. It’s the stupid cannon that shoots out next to the big hill when you first start the ride. We were soaked in row 2 & 3 when we rode in February (as in the wettest I’ve ever been in 30+ rides through the years). I was left.

I've only ever ridden it once and I hardly got wet. I don't recall any cannons (rode in September, so it wasn't cold out or anything), but again having only ridden once I could very well have just forgotten. I'd like to try it again sometime, but I'm not a big fan of water rides in general. The themeing of Splash is just so amazing... maybe I should just plan it at a time I could leave the park to change clothes if I did get really wet (like just before an afternoon break or right at the end of our night).

I've only ever ridden it once and I hardly got wet. I don't recall any cannons (rode in September, so it wasn't cold out or anything), but again having only ridden once I could very well have just forgotten. I'd like to try it again sometime, but I'm not a big fan of water rides in general. The themeing of Splash is just so amazing... maybe I should just plan it at a time I could leave the park to change clothes if I did get really wet (like just before an afternoon break or right at the end of our night).

Just throw a poncho on. It really gets most of it.

Just throw a poncho on. It really gets most of it.
This is what I was gonna say too. The only thing that might get wet is your shoes but you could bring flip flops maybe. I’m not a huge fan of getting wet either but splash is so awesome. I’m sad it’ll be closed when we’re in Japan

This is what I was gonna say too. The only thing that might get wet is your shoes but you could bring flip flops maybe. I’m not a huge fan of getting wet either but splash is so awesome. I’m sad it’ll be closed when we’re in Japan

Only Kali makes my shoes wet. It’s never an issue (yet) on Splash.

I got SOAKED on Kali and on Universal's Ripsaw Falls. Like jumping-in-a-pool drenched.

I have a picture of me after getting off Kali in August 2007. I look like a drowned rat. My clothes were still damp in the hotel room 2 days later.

Mercifully DS15 is done with that ride these days. Even a poncho doesn’t really help on this one.

I got SOAKED on Kali and on Universal's Ripsaw Falls. Like jumping-in-a-pool drenched.

I have a picture of me after getting off Kali in August 2007. I look like a drowned rat. My clothes were still damp in the hotel room 2 days later.

Mercifully DS15 is done with that ride these days. Even a poncho doesn’t really help on this one.

Kali was awful. Absolutely drenched! I'll consider the poncho. Thanks everyone! Sorry to derail the thread. Back to DAH discussion now!

This definitely proves that it’s random lol. We went on kali the same trip I got soaked on splash and I barely got wet. I had a poncho on but my poncho wasn’t wet at all. We went in thinking we would get soaked and even changed shoes before but it didn’t happen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter