**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Has anyone had any luck booking FPP for their DAH night? Its our day off so we won't be using a park ticket earlier. If you have, how do you book them? And how early can you book them?
We had to call Disney and a CM added them for us. He had to look at what was available and book them—the app would not allow us since we went to AK that afternoon and made FP for there (we didn’t have a park hopper ticket). We could not change the FP for MK after they were made

We had to call Disney and a CM added them for us. He had to look at what was available and book them—the app would not allow us since we went to AK that afternoon and made FP for there (we didn’t have a park hopper ticket). We could not change the FP for MK after they were made

Wow. You're not supposed to be able to have FP made ahead of time for two different parks in one day. You got some major pixie dust there!

Wow. You're not supposed to be able to have FP made ahead of time for two different parks in one day. You got some major pixie dust there!
Ooh you are right, I didn’t even think about that! We just called to see if we could get FP for the 7-10 period before the start of DAH and he said sure!

Attended last night 3/28(sold out) and had a great time!:banana:
Went in about 645 and got wrist band. The park was crazy crowded!!:crowded:
Did Pirates with FP
Decided to eat at Pecos Bill. It took an hour!! Something was wrong and they kept giving people the wrong food and folks were yelling at CMs. Crazy town!
After that all was great!!
Rode BTMR with FP. Line was backed up but only waited about 15 min.
Watched HEA:sad:
Did SDMT FP
Party time!!:yay:
-Under the Sea-walk on
-Barnstormer x 2-walk on and rode without getting off
-Snacks
-3 of us rode Space (10 min wait) and 2 rode Buzz x 3-walk on
-Snacks
-Haunted Mansion-walk on
-10 yo wanted to do the shooting gallery, so we did that for about 10 minutes.
-BTMR x 3 -walk on (They opened the second side)
-Snacks( so many snacks ughpopcorn::)
-Buzz-walk on
-People Mover-walk on
-Met up with our teens who had ridden Space 6 or so times plus Astro Orbiter
-Snacks
-Peter Pan right at 1-walk on
SDMT had a huge line all night so didn’t ride but that’s why we had done a FP earlier.
We had a great night and it went by so fast! Snack lines were short.
Only waited about 10 min for our bus which we(BWI) shared with S and D.
Would definitely do it again!!
Happy to answer any questions!
popcorn:::mickeybarpopcorn:::mickeybarpopcorn:::mickeybar

Thanks for the detailed review! Two more weeks until we are there!

Pardon me if it's clear and I'm not understanding. As I look at the historical chart, I don't see any June dates? :worried: So I can take that to mean none will ever be offered? I was really looking forward to trying one on our next visit if we visited in June. I can always come in March during spring break, but I have to hope that son and I have the same spring break if I'm not teaching in the same county he goes to school in. :o

Pardon me if it's clear and I'm not understanding. As I look at the historical chart, I don't see any June dates? :worried: So I can take that to mean none will ever be offered? I was really looking forward to trying one on our next visit if we visited in June. I can always come in March during spring break, but I have to hope that son and I have the same spring break if I'm not teaching in the same county he goes to school in. :o

There isn’t any reason to think they won’t be offered. You might just have to wait a bit.

Was excited to see the May dates. DD and a friend are going to be down there for 3 days at the end of May and I wanted to be able to treat them to this. DH and I did it in January and had a great time. So I got them tickets for 5/30 yesterday.

Early June (historically) has some of the longest MK hours of the year. Non DAH friendly hours.

Who knows what’s in store this year, but I’m not entirely surprised at no June/summer dates yet.

If history is a guide (admittedly a risky statement), I’m kind of thinking it’ll end up looking like last year. Late June-August/Sept.

Early June (historically) has some of the longest MK hours of the year. Non DAH friendly hours.

Who knows what’s in store this year, but I’m not entirely surprised at no June/summer dates yet.

If history is a guide (admittedly a risky statement), I’m kind of thinking it’ll end up looking like last year. Late June-August/Sept.

We will be there first 2 weeks in June. What time do you remember MK closing then? My teen is a night owl and would love some late nights there

We will be there first 2 weeks in June. What time do you remember MK closing then? My teen is a night owl and would love some late nights there

I will caveat that year over year hours have been a little less YTD 2019, but last year the first 14 days of June had a mix of 11pm and 12am closing times, with only one 10pm closing (Sunday 6/10). Again, past performance isn’t always a great predictor of future results, but I think it’s a helpful guide.

I will caveat that year over year hours have been a little less YTD 2019, but last year the first 14 days of June had a mix of 11pm and 12am closing times, with only one 10pm closing (Sunday 6/10). Again, past performance isn’t always a great predictor of future results, but I think it’s a helpful guide.

Yea that’s good. A midnight closing should allow for a fun late night but make ropedrop doable. The kid takes 3 hr afternoon power naps - instant coma. So jealous of that ability.

Went last night with whole fam. First time ever together in MK. Some real nostalgic moments since I’d taken DS 12 years ago and we rode his two favorites together last night .

I headed over with DD earlier we ubered to Grand Floridian then monorail to MK. It was a bit after 6. We walked over to CM with after hours sign, checked in, and got our wrist bands. It was so crowded Wall to wall people. FP Pirates, ate at Skippers at DD request then FP Haunted Mansion. Boys arrived so we short cutted around back to meet them near entrance and took short cut again back to Tomorrowland since everything was set for fireworks to start. Rode Buzz then People Mover, bathroom break, watched fireworks then lined up at 10 for Space. They still had tons of day guests In line. So ride took longer than it should have. Although a fav of DD she only wanted to ride everything once which was perfect as far as timing because we finished a bit before 1 am. After space went to SDTM again day guests were still in line so it took a bit of time. Small world then a bit of a line for Peter Pan but that was only night guests then Haunted Mansion. The stand out front of HM was out of almost everything an hour into event?!?! Walked down to other coaster railway. Both tracks working and no line. Then me and kids went on Splash one of my favorites but didn’t bring ponchos I got wet kids didn’t but I just changed into me sweatshirt. We found a stand with Mickey bar, frozen banana, and Mickey sandwich and popcorn. Next was Pirates and last was Jungle Cruise. We walked toward front doing a bit of window shopping and took photo together at 1am. Walked over to Contemporary and Ubered to WBC from there. In condo before 2am

Soooo worth the money.

Some thoughts. They really need to get the day guests off rides before 10 period. I didn’t mind that there were more after hours people than the beginning events as some posted. I don’t like a desolate park. I thought crowd level was fine -problem with lines was too many day guests. I did think it was really dark throughout the park. It’s not Pandora it needs to be better lit. There are plenty of stands with food drink. If one doesn’t have what you want a few away the next stand will.

We didn’t feel rushed did everything we wanted. I was surprised that DH and DS stayed til end but they both said it was so pleasant without the throngs of people that for a change they enjoyed being at the park. It was a wonderful first full family experience at MK and I’m grateful we could afford the tickets

Went last night with whole fam. First time ever together in MK. Some real nostalgic moments since I’d taken DS 12 years ago and we rode his two favorites together last night .

I headed over with DD earlier we ubered to Grand Floridian then monorail to MK. It was a bit after 6. We walked over to CM with after hours sign, checked in, and got our wrist bands. It was so crowded Wall to wall people. FP Pirates, ate at Skippers at DD request then FP Haunted Mansion. Boys arrived so we short cutted around back to meet them near entrance and took short cut again back to Tomorrowland since everything was set for fireworks to start. Rode Buzz then People Mover, bathroom break, watched fireworks then lined up at 10 for Space. They still had tons of day guests In line. So ride took longer than it should have. Although a fav of DD she only wanted to ride everything once which was perfect as far as timing because we finished a bit before 1 am. After space went to SDTM again day guests were still in line so it took a bit of time. Small world then a bit of a line for Peter Pan but that was only night guests then Haunted Mansion. The stand out front of HM was out of almost everything an hour into event?!?! Walked down to other coaster railway. Both tracks working and no line. Then me and kids went on Splash one of my favorites but didn’t bring ponchos I got wet kids didn’t but I just changed into me sweatshirt. We found a stand with Mickey bar, frozen banana, and Mickey sandwich and popcorn. Next was Pirates and last was Jungle Cruise. We walked toward front doing a bit of window shopping and took photo together at 1am. Walked over to Contemporary and Ubered to WBC from there. In condo before 2am

Soooo worth the money.

Some thoughts. They really need to get the day guests off rides before 10 period. I didn’t mind that there were more after hours people than the beginning events as some posted. I don’t like a desolate park. I thought crowd level was fine -problem with lines was too many day guests. I did think it was really dark throughout the park. It’s not Pandora it needs to be better lit. There are plenty of stands with food drink. If one doesn’t have what you want a few away the next stand will.

We didn’t feel rushed did everything we wanted. I was surprised that DH and DS stayed til end but they both said it was so pleasant without the throngs of people that for a change they enjoyed being at the park. It was a wonderful first full family experience at MK and I’m grateful we could afford the tickets
Unfortunately I don’t think it’s possible they could get day guests off the rides before dah because for most of the events they’re allowed to get in line right up until the event starts.

Sounds like you had a pretty good time otherwise

Unfortunately I don’t think it’s possible they could get day guests off the rides before dah because for most of the events they’re allowed to get in line right up until the event starts.

Sounds like you had a pretty good time otherwise
Too bad they can't offer a 30 minute buffer in MK like they do at the other parks. At least MK offers more rides that would be close to walk on right near the beginning. Seems like if you just avoid the roller coasters and PP, you can do pretty well from the beginning.

Too bad they can't offer a 30 minute buffer in MK like they do at the other parks. At least MK offers more rides that would be close to walk on right near the beginning. Seems like if you just avoid the roller coasters and PP, you can do pretty well from the beginning.

They do in May at least. We’re booked for the 2nd. Park closes at 9, after hours are schedule from 10-1. Although, that may just be a buffer added in with the intention of extending the closing time to 10.

Last edited:
Did they change the hours? I booked for May 23. DAH hours were listed as 9-12. Just checked my email receipt to confirm- yes. Now I am seeing on the website hours posted as 10-1?

They do in May at least. We’re booked for the 2nd. Park closes at 9, after hours are schedule from 10-1. Although, that may just be a buffer added in with the intention of extending the closing time to 10.

I was just asking about this. Hopefully, they don't extend the regular hours up until 10. I am also going to have to figure out a way to get my family to stay up! 9-12 was sounding doable but now 10-1 might be pushing it! We are morning people, not night owls. Lots of coffee before we go! Super excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter