**Disney After Hours - Animal Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

We are going in September. I have 2 day tickets (so we have 4 days to use them) and a MNSSHP ticket. Originally we were going to do AK and HS, with the party being our only MK time, so I'm thinking the DAH tickets will allow us to do Ep as well. We're taking DH's sister for probably her one and only trip (she just doesn't have the money), so my question: if we get DAH-AK tickets, would it be possible to see Lion King and do the Safari if we arrive at 7? I really want her to see Lion King.

ETA: I see the show ends at 6. Bummer. Now I have to weigh if missing the show is worth it, or just stay the course and do AK and HS on our trip. Sure would be nice to go to the after dark event, though.

Last edited:
We are going in September. I have 2 day tickets (so we have 4 days to use them) and a MNSSHP ticket. Originally we were going to do AK and HS, with the party being our only MK time, so I'm thinking the DAH tickets will allow us to do Ep as well. We're taking DH's sister for probably her one and only trip (she just doesn't have the money), so my question: if we get DAH-AK tickets, would it be possible to see Lion King and do the Safari if we arrive at 7? I really want her to see Lion King.

As of now, it looks like FOTLK last scheduled show time is 6pm. You should be able to do the safari though.

As of now, it looks like FOTLK last scheduled show time is 6pm. You should be able to do the safari though.

Do the times typically change as the event gets closer? I'm in a similar boat - I'm doing DAH only at AK on 9/9. So I don't know if I should be crossing my fingers that they add a 7PM or later show or just accept the inevitable.

Also, do these events sell out often? I'm thinking (procrastinating) and wondering if I should just get them and be done with it. But, using the AK-DAH and MNSSHP will open up the other 2 parks for us. Wondering if I should hold out hope for a DHS-DAH event?

Also, do these events sell out often? I'm thinking (procrastinating) and wondering if I should just get them and be done with it. But, using the AK-DAH and MNSSHP will open up the other 2 parks for us. Wondering if I should hold out hope for a DHS-DAH event?

Always hard to predict what may happen during any given season. The tables here show sell out history to date: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...m-faq-discussion-thread.3715424/post-59931745

Some have sold out, many haven’t.

Can anyone confirm whether the standby line at FOP was open for them during DAH?

It was in December when I did DAH at AK, but I’ve heard it’s been closed for other people.

One of the main reasons I want to do DAH again is to walk through the empty FOP standby line to see the lab.

Can anyone confirm whether the standby line at FOP was open for them during DAH?

It was in December when I did DAH at AK, but I’ve heard it’s been closed for other people.

One of the main reasons I want to do DAH again is to walk through the empty FOP standby line to see the lab.
We went in January and I’m not sure if it was open because we never asked but we had a super long wait for fop so my guess is it wasn’t open. I think our night was a fluke though

I have been going back and forth on whether or not I want to do DAK AH and am completely on the fence, I just REALLY can't make up my mind. I'm solo and it's a short trip so I'm trying to squeeze as much in as possible in to 4 days, I have a FP for FOP for my last day but something about this event keeps calling to me (might be FOMO, who knows lol). My one HUGE reservation is that AK is so dark at night that it scares me a bit to think about being at the event alone in the dark, it's just not as lit up as MK is and that bothers me.

It's not as lit up as MK for sure, but that doesn't mean it's not well-lit either. The paths are well marked and bright. Pandora is dim, but that's so you can see the florescent details. At no point when my wife and I (both short women) went did we feel at all unsafe or like it was "too dark" to make our way around. Also, being solo and in a low crowd event doesn't mean there are no people at all. There were times when we took a back path to be the only people around, but if you stick to the major thoroughfares between Asia, Dinoland and Pandora, you'll have plenty of company -- it just won't be shoulder to shoulder or even fingertip to fingertip. I would recommend it highly, especially on a trip when you're trying to cram a ton of stuff in!

Is Rivers of Light down? I'm not seeing it on the Disney Parks 5 day calendar for July 1-5.

For some reason it hasn't been on the main calendar. But you can go on the website to the entertainment section under the "Things to Do" tab and find it. We're going that week too. I know on July 6th, there are 2 showings that night.

For some reason it hasn't been on the main calendar. But you can go on the website to the entertainment section under the "Things to Do" tab and find it. We're going that week too. I know on July 6th, there are 2 showings that night.
Thank you! We're planning to do the DAH at AK on July 2nd and I wanted to watch the "public" show before the after hours starts.

Thank you! We're planning to do the DAH at AK on July 2nd and I wanted to watch the "public" show before the after hours starts.

No problem! We're also considering buying tickets for that day too. I think it's 9:00 for the "public" and 10:00 for the ticketed event. Our backup plan is to go on July 6, if we decide against DAH.

Here for our first AH DAH! Got in at 7:00 rained pretty hard on and iff until 8:30.. we were able to do FP for safari and Everest then triceratops and primeval before event started .. waiting for girls to finish Everest again since I’m one and done for that!!!
Cm are blocking the entrance and checking bands to pass through right outside Everest . Having a great time so far!!!

Attachments

• B595C668-E138-4D99-969F-0E6B0DA0AA86.jpeg
    B595C668-E138-4D99-969F-0E6B0DA0AA86.jpeg
    68.2 KB · Views: 26
So if we enter the park with regular park tickets that day, how do we get our “approval” to stay for After Hours? Is a wristband needed?

Im super excited they released August dates and theres one during our trip. But Im wondering if FOP lines are still long during DAH that it wont be worth the cost. We also have a 2 year old and Im not sure she would make it til midnight. We could do a babysitter and just take the older 2 kids.
Any recent reviews have wait times for FOP during DAH? What else makes it worth the cost? Im a week away from making FP+ for our trip so Im planning on having FP+ for FOP because we are going to AK on 60+3 and 60+6. If we got DAH we could do a different park on our other day and just do DAH at AK.

Thoughts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter