**Disney After Hours - Animal Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

How will we use our digital reservation for the DAH event at AK on April 3rd if we don't have magicbands?

Do you have an e-mail confirmation? Take it to a ticket window or guest services and they’ll give you a hard card you use to scan at the tapstyles.

We attended DAH on 03/27 in AK. We arrived at the park around 3:30pm to do our 3 regular FP selections. We stopped and picked up our wristbands before our first FP at Safari. After our second FP at FOP, DD18 starting wheezing and coughing so I took her back to our resort via Uber to take her asthma inhaler(about an hour round trip) while DH and DD20 stayed in the park and completed the 3rd FP of EE and did ITTBAB.

When we got back to AK, we all did ITTBAB and then walked over to Dinosaur a little after 8pm but were told it was closed and would reopen for the event after 8:30. This is so ridiculous but I read of others having this same experience. We weren't going to wait around for that ride as it isn't our fav anyway because it is so rough and jerky so we headed over to EE. We rode EE back to back 4 times with no wait by just walking thru the long winding cue. We then went to Pandora and stopped to get popcorn boxes, water bottles and mickey bars on the way. We rode Navi and then headed to FOP. We entered the cue for FOP at 9:44pm and left the ride at 10:16pm. We then made a bathroom break and rode FOP again. After that FOP ride, we were all really tired and felt a little disoriented after so many rides on EE and the motion of FOP so we called it a night at 10:55pm.

We thought the event was worth the extra money because we were on a 7 day trip and this was our only day at AK. If we were visiting AK 2x in the trip, I would NOT have spent the extra for DAH.

I'm in Florida for work this week and turns out have a free night and would love to go to DAH at AK but, of course, it is now sold out. Do you think it is worth showing up at the park anyway in hopes that either there are extra last minute tickets available or someone has an extra ticket? It is just me, so if anyone has an extra ticket their party can't use, I can "help them out". I am obviously willing to buy a ticket for full price. Does anyone have any experience with this? Any advice? Thanks.

I'm in Florida for work this week and turns out have a free night and would love to go to DAH at AK but, of course, it is now sold out. Do you think it is worth showing up at the park anyway in hopes that either there are extra last minute tickets available or someone has an extra ticket? It is just me, so if anyone has an extra ticket their party can't use, I can "help them out". I am obviously willing to buy a ticket for full price. Does anyone have any experience with this? Any advice? Thanks.
I haven’t read any reports of this happening. Honestly, if it’s sold out I would say you’re just out of luck. You can go to the park but I highly doubt anyone will be there trying to get rid of a ticket. Disney won’t have extra tickets available either.

Looking forward to tonight as well. Heading out for an early dinner shortly and plan to be outside Animal Kingdom at 6:30 waiting to get in.

Bought tickets for myself and my dad for May 7th the minute I woke up. (I literally have been checking every morning praying for May dates lol).

We are going to Universal for a few days but I really wanted my dad to experience FOP cause he loves the sensation of flying and he hasn’t been to AK since our family went over 10 years ago. I rode FOP last year when I went to Disney with a friend and knew he would love FOP immediately however he HATES lines and we couldn’t afford to add on an extra day to our Universal vaca so this is perfect!

When did you buy? I tried to buy for May 7 but ticketing said the event had been pulled from the schedule.

It still shows online but when you go to purchase (all the way through putting the ticket into your cart, entering payment, and clicking to pay) you get an error message.

Ticketing said they are aware of that and that IT has it on their list to correct the website.

I really wanted to go that night, so it is incredibly frustrating. Have you received any word from Disney regarding your ticket for that night?

Dirk

Well the universe clearly doesn't want me to do this event. Got to ak at 4pm, did finding nemo and festival of the lion king and my son got really sick, he tried to power through but it wasn't happening. Headed to guest relations at 8:45pm, explained the situation and they gave us tickets for the night of the 14.
I guess we'll try again

So, I accidentally posted this in the Magic Kingdom After Hours thread, but thought I'd add it here too (even though I see above that someone else appears to have noticed too):

---

So, I just tried to order After Hours at Animal Kingdom for May 7th and apparently it is already sold out!?

The web site says that it is not sold out when you pick the date, but then when you try to check out it gives an error saying that the order can't be placed online right now and to call. So I called and they said that they are already sold out for May 7th and they just haven't updated the website yet.

Is it really sold out 5 weeks ahead of time? I guess I'm just really surprised -- didn't they just announce the May 7th date like 4-5 days ago?

Or is this just the site being weird and the CSR being wrong? I've been getting all kinds of errors on the site today. So, I have a tiny amount of hope that this is just a mistake...

---

But now I'm hearing maybe May 7th is cancelled? Well that really messes up our plans. That was going to be our only day/night in the park this trip. :(

Well, that was pretty awesome. My first ever DAH tonight and I had a great time. At least at Dinosaur (where I started) they weren’t letting people on until 8:30 (I assume to clear out the non-party guests) and I had no problem with that. After that went to EE, rose a couple of times, then decided to try my luck over in Pandora. Got on Na’vi with about a five minute wait, then rode FOP twice with a posted wait time of twenty minutes. It was probably closer to thirty each time, but that includes all the preshows. Headed back to EE and ride four times, walk on each time, and CMs were letting us choose whatever row we wanted. I have to say, that ride at night is awesome. It just had a different vibe. Very cool walking back to the front and walking through a nearly empty park. I personally thought it was totally worth the money. EE might be my favorite ride on property so I could have rode that all night. And to get FOP twice in an hour felt like a huge win.

When did you buy? I tried to buy for May 7 but ticketing said the event had been pulled from the schedule.

It still shows online but when you go to purchase (all the way through putting the ticket into your cart, entering payment, and clicking to pay) you get an error message.

Ticketing said they are aware of that and that IT has it on their list to correct the website.

I really wanted to go that night, so it is incredibly frustrating. Have you received any word from Disney regarding your ticket for that night?

Dirk

I had been checking for new dates a couple times a day. The first morning tickets were onsale for the new dates (around 7/7:30am) I bought the tickets. The date I posted about going I believe is when bought them.

I haven’t heard anything from Disney. I’d be absolutely crushed if the event were cancelled.

It’s funny actually because when I bought the tickets on my phone the “please wait while we process your order” message with Woody never went away and I was nervous the order didn’t go through even though I received a confirmation email and the tickets were showing up in MyDisney Experience. So later that day I called to confirm the purchase and they confirmed I successfully bought the tickets and sent me a second confirmation email.

Had what we consider a successful night at After Hours on April 3. A sold out night.

We arrived at the gate right at 6:30, and I’d say there were about 50 or so people already waiting. They ended up letting us in about 6:55. Line moved very quickly and we were in in no time.

We had a Fastpass for Safari from 7-8 and made our way back. While waiting to board I was able to secure one last FP for Primeval Whirl from 7:30 to 8:00.

Made our way back to EE about 8:20 and they were already letting people on. First ride for us was definitely before 8:30 because Rivers of Light had not even started. Total of three times in a row before 8:45 with no wait.

Grabbed some Mickey Bars and headed over to Dinosaur. Rode twice with no wait.

Then headed over to FOP. Posted wait was 20 when we entered right at 9:30, and we were in the first dreadful preshow exactly 20 minutes later. We walked out at 10:05 so 35 minutes from start to finish.

Next up was Navi River. Posted wait was 10, but we were on a boat in less than 5.

Grabbed some more Mickey Bars and headed back to EE because that’s what the kids wanted to do. Rode two more times with no wait.

Decided to end the night with FOP. Arrived shortly after 11 to a posted 20 minute wait. However we walked right to the main lines for the link rooms. If not for someone having a vomit accident causing us to have to wait a little longer, we would have been in the preshow in less than 10. I think the total experience from start to finish was 25 minutes.

One piece of advice I would give. We exited FOP at 11:35. Figured cast members would be around handing out snacks as guests departed, but everything was gone and closed down. Make sure you get those last minute bars before 11:30.

For us this was well worth it and much less stressful than doing rope drop and dealing with all the crowds.

5/7 is our last day and since none of the other dates worked, I had considered maybe extending our stay 1 day to be able to do this one. Glad I didn't! I'd be so angry right now!
It's really bad show on their part to offer a date and then cancel it so quickly. It tells me that, yet again, the different parts of operations weren't communicating well. I feel bad for the people who DID make changes to their schedules already to make this event work. Sigh.

It's really bad show on their part to offer a date and then cancel it so quickly. It tells me that, yet again, the different parts of operations weren't communicating well. I feel bad for the people who DID make changes to their schedules already to make this event work. Sigh.

It's completely ridiculous and they should be ashamed.

Me too! I understand things come up that they can't control, but to cancel it this quickly can only mean they didn't put a lot of time into choosing these dates. Somebody screwed up and it's the guest that pays. I'd be having fits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter