**Disney After Hours - Animal Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I’ve read that at times AK runs two RoL shows and I’m surprised on 3/27, during busy spring break, the show is not until 8:30 when park is scheduled to close to regular ticketed guests at 8. Makes no sense to me since one of the aspects of the event is the reduction of crowds and it appears that regular guests will be allowed to linger into event hours to watch RoL .

Since many have posted about the lag time in AK between 8 when park closes and 8:30 when event officially starts I would think RoL would be best scheduled at 8:00 making the transition easier for everyone.

We're going 3/27 and I kind of want to see RoL, but not during the event hours I paid dearly for.

We are going the same night. We have seen it once before but should probably see it again. I don't think we will waste DAH time for it though.

Hoping information comes out soon. Going end of May and would like to know before FP+ window.
Me too. There's a Canadian resident promo on park tickets that ends next week. If there are After Hours events in June then I may not buy as many days.

Going to this one on 3/20 so I'll make sure to report back. My DS and his GF are doing DAH for the first time, they went to AK the other day and didn't want to get in line for FoP with a 90 min wait :) I hope the line will be less than 30 for our night. Haven't read all the reports but is the consensus that it is better to head to Pandora during the last hour of the event?

Going to this one on 3/20 so I'll make sure to report back. My DS and his GF are doing DAH for the first time, they went to AK the other day and didn't want to get in line for FoP with a 90 min wait :) I hope the line will be less than 30 for our night. Haven't read all the reports but is the consensus that it is better to head to Pandora during the last hour of the event?

Most of what I have read says, yes, wait until last hour.
Oh, and, :wave2: see ya there!

Last 90ish minutes were walk on for us! Might have even been fine to go earlier. We just took the strategy of “do everything else” first and when we were done with that stuff went to FOP.

We will be there too! Let me know if you want to meet up. It will be the 3 of us, mama bear, daddy bear, and baby (actually 13 now) bear. We plan to arrive at DHS earlier, probably after our 5:30pm dinner at Sanaa. I am hoping it's not cold. I shouldn't eat popcorn because of digestive issues, so I was planning on going to town on the ice cream:woohoo:

We will be there too! Let me know if you want to meet up. It will be the 3 of us, mama bear, daddy bear, and baby (actually 13 now) bear. We plan to arrive at DHS earlier, probably after our 5:30pm dinner at Sanaa. I am hoping it's not cold. I shouldn't eat popcorn because of digestive issues, so I was planning on going to town on the ice cream:woohoo:
If the temps stay as they are this week or will definitely NOT be cold :)

If the temps stay as they are this week or will definitely NOT be cold :)

I wish they were like this week. The forecast next week isn't terrible, but it's mostly low 70s so far. It always feels warmer with the humidity though. I just remember that we froze to death Spring Break last year, being wussy Texans.

I wish they were like this week. The forecast next week isn't terrible, but it's mostly low 70s so far. It always feels warmer with the humidity though. I just remember that we froze to death Spring Break last year, being wussy Texans.
I remember that because we went the first week of March and it was so warm then the next group of DAHers froze.

FYI, this Wednesday's DAK DAH is sold out. Must have happened sometime today as I'm pretty sure it wasn't showing sold out yesterday when I checked.

It looks like it might be a hit nippy too. Will probably limit the amount of ice cream I am willing to eat☹️

Last 90ish minutes were walk on for us! Might have even been fine to go earlier. We just took the strategy of “do everything else” first and when we were done with that stuff went to FOP.

This did not work for us. We did everything else first and then headed to Pandora after the late ROL show. It seemed like everyone else had the same idea. We ended up going on FOP twice and each time the line was pretty long (and very boring). Each time it took us 25-30 minutes. We also had the long preshow for those which is pure torture especially that late at night. The next day we had a FP and we noticed how much quicker the line went and we had a shorter preshow presentation. We did think the event overall was great but the FOP line was a bit of drag. FOP is just so slow loading!

This did not work for us. We did everything else first and then headed to Pandora after the late ROL show. It seemed like everyone else had the same idea. We ended up going on FOP twice and each time the line was pretty long (and very boring). Each time it took us 25-30 minutes. We also had the long preshow for those which is pure torture especially that late at night. The next day we had a FP and we noticed how much quicker the line went and we had a shorter preshow presentation. We did think the event overall was great but the FOP line was a bit of drag. FOP is just so slow loading!
Are you saying it took 30 min from walking into the queue to exiting the ride? Because that’s just how long the pre-show and experience are... if you had to wait 30 minutes before pre-show that sounds like they might have had some issues with the ride... or maybe the night I went just had fewer guests.

We are here tonight! I’ll post a full report later; but so far we’ve done Everest 3x, dinosaur 2x (didn’t have to get off between), and now we’re in line for FoP. Posted wait 30 min. We’ve been in line 20 and we’re in the hallway before the pre-show. Hope it’ll get less as the night goes on. Hoping for a total of four rides before 11:30! I’ll keep you guys updated. Also: popcorn in cups with bottles of soda in dinorama, popcorn in boxes and bottled soda outside pandora.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts