**Disney After Hours - Animal Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

My husband is a software engineer and acts nothing like that. I think he doesn’t like the preshow because it makes scientists and engineers seem like awkward nerds

I work in the science field as well. I wasn't saying all are nerds, just that they had him portray one who is nerdy and a little socially awkward. I have no issue with the preshow but like I said I'm in the minority.

I guess I'm in the minority in thinking that the actor did a good job of portraying a nerdy and slightly socially awkward scientist.

As a representation of an awkward scientist guy, then yes, he did a good job. But that video serves as part of the entertainment value of the ride, and is a part of the ride itself. As such, it should be entertaining and add value to the ride. Instead it's just an annoying thing. If the video were shorter, I'd be far more accepting of it.

As a representation of an awkward scientist guy, then yes, he did a good job. But that video serves as part of the entertainment value of the ride, and is a part of the ride itself. As such, it should be entertaining and add value to the ride. Instead it's just an annoying thing. If the video were shorter, I'd be far more accepting of it.

I find it entertaining.

I don’t know why I didn’t notice/think of this until now... it appears they just replaced the Chip and Dale dance meet and greet with the Mickey and Minnie meet and greet. Maybe they are just trying to figure out what character meets work best for this DAH?

The more I think back on this event the more I feel I really enjoyed it. I think there is a good chance I would do it again if it’s still offered when we go back after SW:GE opens.

Just add all FYI We entered AK about 5:30 and went to GS to inquire where we could get our bands once distribution started, if anywhere. Other than going to the front again. They have them there and gave it to us then

I messaged a Cast Member on the Disney website about AK After Hours and he seemed to hint that they would be adding summer dates for the After Hours event. Seems we may not get late spring dates (like May). He did say the events have been very popular and well received. I told him if he ever had a chance to tell his higher ups that many people would like more dates including people on this forum. He also said this: “Typically when new dates are added, we learn about them about the same time that they become available to book, which could be a week prior to the first dates becoming available”.

My husband and I attended the 2/12 AK DAH and it was amazing! We arrived at 8pm and headed straight to EE. We rode it 3x in row and then headed to Dinosaur. Rode 2x. After that we headed over to Pandora and we rode Navi 2x & then FoP 3x! We honestly could have ridden FoP another time or two, but instead we grabbed beers and just wandered around Pandora enjoying how beautiful it is! We also got 4 water bottles while there and had a cup of popcorn over in DinoLand and then grabbed full boxes of popcorn outside Pandora. The park felt so empty and quiet. I really loved this event. We left around 11:15pm and only waited about 10 min for a bus. I actually enjoyed this one more than my MK DAH. I loved that I didn't feel rushed. It probably helped that it was far less crowded than my MK one as well.... and since FoP and EE are in my top 3 rides in all of Disney, I'm partial to AK! This was well worth my money and I would do it again!

Our family went to the 2/13 event and although wonderful, especially seeing Pandora at night, we had one minor issue. We have a 4 y/o who was just 2 inches shy of FoP, but they wouldn't allow DD and DSiL to do rider switch. That really sucked out a lot of time... He had to wait outside the ride for us to do the entire queue (which feels like forever, when there's not many people in line). Consequently, it ate up about 30 minutes of our DAH time, so no one did it twice. Everything else was a walk on, and we were really too cold to enjoy ice cream treats. We did get popcorn and some water, but the treats never really were our focus. (It was quite chilly.) .
We would definitely do this again, well worth it, hopefully Disney will continue this at AK.

Last edited:
I messaged a Cast Member on the Disney website about AK After Hours and he seemed to hint that they would be adding summer dates for the After Hours event. Seems we may not get late spring dates (like May). He did say the events have been very popular and well received. I told him if he ever had a chance to tell his higher ups that many people would like more dates including people on this forum. He also said this: “Typically when new dates are added, we learn about them about the same time that they become available to book, which could be a week prior to the first dates becoming available”.
Great info, thanks for posting. Did they say when summer dates might be updated?

My husband and I attended the 2/12 AK DAH and it was amazing! We arrived at 8pm and headed straight to EE. We rode it 3x in row and then headed to Dinosaur. Rode 2x. After that we headed over to Pandora and we rode Navi 2x & then FoP 3x! We honestly could have ridden FoP another time or two, but instead we grabbed beers and just wandered around Pandora enjoying how beautiful it is! We also got 4 water bottles while there and had a cup of popcorn over in DinoLand and then grabbed full boxes of popcorn outside Pandora. The park felt so empty and quiet. I really loved this event. We left around 11:15pm and only waited about 10 min for a bus. I actually enjoyed this one more than my MK DAH. I loved that I didn't feel rushed. It probably helped that it was far less crowded than my MK one as well.... and since FoP and EE are in my top 3 rides in all of Disney, I'm partial to AK! This was well worth my money and I would do it again!

So happy to hear that you had a great time! I agree with you that the AK DAH felt much more relaxed than the MK one also!

:confused3Confused that I could add tickets and it was allowing me to checkout. Maybe it’d stop me at the last step-?
Odd...
Are they hoping for “oh wow we better hurry and buy a ticket before they sell out!”
Wait...that worked for me when they first opened for booking for our March trip...:rolleyes1

Well, curiosity got the best of me and I went through all the way and it gave me an error twice when doing the final confirmation. Guess ‘tis true.

This is often a busy week FWIW, lots of winter breaks around Pres day weekend capped off with the Princess Half next weekend. I think the proliferation of legit week long winter breaks for many schools only grows and grows every year.

Well, curiosity got the best of me and I went through all the way and it gave me an error twice when doing the final confirmation. Guess ‘tis true.

This is often a busy week FWIW, lots of winter breaks around Pres day weekend capped off with the Princess Half next weekend. I think the proliferation of legit week long winter breaks for many schools only grows and grows every year.

You're a brave man! lol

I wish I could confirm but we didn't go and I didn't save our flyer. I know I looked at it and asked DH if he wanted to go (he didn't). It was either at 9:00 or 9:30

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!