**Disney After Hours - Animal Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Hi and thank you so much for this thread that has given me a lot of useful information before my first ever DAH event on January 16th.

At Animal Kingdom I managed to do:

Before DAH:
Navi River Journey (Fastpass)
It's tough to be a bug

During DAH:
Dinosaur (5x)
Flight of Passage (3x)
Navi River Journey (2x)
Expedition Everest (2x)
Rivers of Light

And 3 ice cream sandwiches and 3 bottled beverages.

I got my ticket at the ticket counter for $137 including tax on the night of the event. So if I break it down I paid about $9 per experience, not counting the ice cream and beverages. That's really a steal!

If you're interested in a by-the-minute report of the night, check out my trip report in the trip report forums :).

I may be wrong, but I do not think I've seen reports of Photopass photographers being out at DAK DAH. I know they weren't out at DHS DAH when we went in Dec. This is different than MK DAH which has historically had photographers out on Main Street (and the Tangled Lantern photo) out during the event.

Thanks for the speedy response. I kinda figured since I had not seen anyone mention it. Also a bit surprised to not have even a few out for people to have memories of a very expensive night.:rotfl:

FWIW, Shannon from WDW prep school just last week attended both DAH events and on her podcast she reported that there were no photopass photographers at AK, but they were out at DHS.

somehow we missed the drummers even tho we were in pandora for the last two hours of the event....
We walked into Pandora around 9:30ish. Maybe you were already on a ride and missed them :) I don't remember hearing them once we were in and out for FOP

A little disappointed in tonight’s event. Was it terrible? No. Was it worth $126? Absolutely not.

Before dah:
Navi
Ate at satuli

During dah:
Triceratops spin x2
Everest x3-long waits because people kept peeing in the seats and they had to clean them then send them through empty to air them out
Dinosaur x2-got to stay on, had to watch preshow before
Rivers of light
Everest x3-Dh rode first two times, I rode last time by myself in the very front
*This part of the event was pretty good up until this point. A little disappointed in the small cups for drinks and popcorn but I knew that coming in*

The next part is where the disappointment comes in. We rode fop 1 time. It took a total of around 40 minutes just to get on the ride. In my opinion that is ridiculously long for dah. We’ve only used FPS for the ride before and never waited anywhere close to that. We decided not to ride again because we walked up the line and it was in the same spot so would’ve been another 40 minutes or so. While we were in line for fop someone said Everest was down. I’m not sure how long it was down for but I’m glad we already rode it.

Another huge disappointment was we didn’t see chip and dale out at all. I was really excited to see them in their dinosaur costumes but it was just a lady running around trying to get people to dance. It was pretty awkward and no one stayed to dance. I doubt people are gonna stand there and dance with no characters around.

Extra thoughts:
The entire top floor of fop was empty. I looked up during the ride to see how it looked. It was very cool to watch ROL with hardly anyone around. Everest was really fun over and over but there’s only so many times you can ride that (especially if you’re Dh and get sick). No Olaf bars that I could find so that kind of stunk. There was no consistency with the snack carts so it was hard sometimes to find what you wanted.

I’m excited for our hs dah to make up for this one because it was a big let down. Our mk dah was great so I’ll just think about that one for the rest of the night lol.

Last edited:
Lol I’ve never seen anything like it. The cms were getting pretty annoyed. They had to check the seats every time people got off because of it. Idk if it was the same person each time or what
In all the years we've been going to DW, I have never heard of such a thing. Were there drunk people? This can't possibly be several people, can it? Lol, now we all need to pack plastic pants in case we sit in pee - we can just throw water on them to rinse off.

:confused: So odd, wonder if it was someone with bladder issues-:crazy2:

Disappointed to hear the wait for FOP and no chip n dale.

What time were you allowed in, still 7?

In all the years we've been going to DW, I have never heard of such a thing. Were there drunk people? This can't possibly be several people, can it? Lol, now we all need to pack plastic pants in case we sit in pee - we can just throw water on them to rinse off.
Definitely no drunk people around. I’m thinking it was either a child that couldn’t hold it or someone who got scared then continued to maybe get on the ride with wet pants. But I honestly have no idea. I’ve never seen it happen before either

:confused: So odd, wonder if it was someone with bladder issues-:crazy2:

Disappointed to hear the wait for FOP and no chip n dale.

What time were you allowed in, still 7?
Yep it was like 6:55 when they started letting people in. We didn’t get there until 6:50. There was no reason to get there early. The line moved pretty fast

Definitely no drunk people around. I’m thinking it was either a child that couldn’t hold it or someone who got scared then continued to maybe get on the ride with wet pants. But I honestly have no idea. I’ve never seen it happen before either
WOW! That is so gross. I've been on EE when there was water left on the seat multiple times. I've always assumed (and justified to myself) it was from someone that was just on KRR. I may not be able to convince myself anymore :sad2:

WOW! That is so gross. I've been on EE when there was water left on the seat multiple times. I've always assumed (and justified to myself) it was from someone that was just on KRR. I may not be able to convince myself anymore :sad2:
They were spraying and wiping so it definitely wasn’t water lol. I also heard the guy say it was the same issue every time. Some people thought it was puke but they cleaned it way too fast for it to be that and only wiped the seat each time

They were spraying and wiping so it definitely wasn’t water lol. I also heard the guy say it was the same issue every time. Some people thought it was puke but they cleaned it way too fast for it to be that and only wiped the seat each time
SMH! So sorry you had to deal with that and the FoP wait!!

Don’t know about people peeing in their seats, but I confirm last night was disappointing for me. Everest had very few people riding but there was some wait because they were sending every other train empty for some reason. And slow loading. All three rides we were stopped by the braking system at the hill before encountering the yeti at the end. Not enjoyable as you don’t get the full effect of the ride. I presume it stopped because the trains were backed up.

But FOP was more disappointing. It took 45 minutes to load the first time we rode. It took over 1 hour to load the second ride. With preshow and ride together with the wait, this was 90 minutes for one ride. Out of 3 hours total. Again, pretty disappointed in that.

Last edited:
Wow! I'm sorry for your disappointing experience at AK DAH. And the peeing thing on EE is just so gross. Hopefully, it was just a one time thing. But your report about the line for FOP and EE being down (as well as similar reports from others) are really convincing me that it is not going to be worthwhile to do the AH event at AK. Your wait for FOP was ridiculous. And if another major ride is down, then even more people will flock to FOP, making the line even longer. I hope your experience at DHS is much better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter