**Disney After Hours - Animal Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

It's a splurge, but we are celebrating our 25th anniversary and DH has learned to just go along with what I want to do at WDW! LOL. For the most part...

Happy 25th! pixiedust: We will also be celebrating ours in Sept (though ours is actually earlier than that, Sept was the only time we could both get off from work, and that is planning MONTHS in advance :( )!

I don’t normally join the chorus of “I wish they’d announce dates so I can plan”.... but this announcement today seriously cost me some money.

Now I’m going to have park tickets we may not totally use and DAH tickets.

Blah!

Modern day Disney problems.

We are in the same boat. I thought that I had done a decent job with our plans.... got passes with PH and added a MNSSHP... and now I hear that DAH was added to both MK and AK during our vacation.

I guess that's what I get for buying our tickets from third-party (UndercoverTourist)... now we're stuck (poor choice of words) with more options than we could ever use.

Oh well... like you said, Modern day Disney problems.

Last edited:
So excited to see this. I was hoping there would be one for when we are there. It's August 5th for us. This will be our first DAH. The only thing is that we have EMM at MK the next morning but it is a shorter day so we can catch up on some rest in the afternoon :). EMM is also new for us so we are very excited about these going on.

Signing up for the July 29th date. The only challenge is that I planned to visit AK on the next day and have reservations that I don't feel like changing. Probably will keep the late Tusker House breakfast for July 30th and not worry about making rope drop...
That’s the date we’re looking at :dogdance:

Happy 25th! pixiedust: We will also be celebrating ours in Sept (though ours is actually earlier than that, Sept was the only time we could both get off from work, and that is planning MONTHS in advance :( )!

We are celebrating our 25th this year as well. Our true date is in September, but my wife lives Christmas and cooler temperatures so we are going 12/1 to 12/13.
Since we never had a honeymoon, we are calling it our Disney Honeymooniversary
Just hitting our 180 days and hoping they add DAH at the parks during our stay
Want to hit as many as we can as we are night people so early mornings do not happen

We had ruled out DAH at AK because we figured it would continue being on a Tuesday, and we're not willing to give up evening EMH at Epcot. But, hooray, it's switching to Monday! So we'll be going 7/22. We haven't been since pre-Pandora (2013), so this will be a whole new experience for us. We've also never been to AK after dark. So excited! We're also doing Disney Villains after hours on 7/25. We both love the parks after dark, so these events are just perfect for us!

With the new August dates, do I book this for the 26th when I already have HS EMM booked that day (and will not cancel, kiddo is desperate to try SDD and I don't think we'll have much HS luck as the week progresses).

We have HS EMM booked on the day we're going to do this, also. We're planning on an afternoon nap to give us energy for the evening. I'm not willing to sacrifice either event, so we're gonna make it work!

So happy they added new dates!! Hoping for Sept. 9th woohoo! This Sept trip has been harder than usual to plan with the Star Wars opening thrown in the mix, am emh all week and 3 nights of Halloween Parties during our week. :rotfl:

We have HS EMM booked on the day we're going to do this, also. We're planning on an afternoon nap to give us energy for the evening. I'm not willing to sacrifice either event, so we're gonna make it work!

Me too! I have the same dilemma - HS EMM booked for Monday morning, and now they’ve announced the dates for DAH at AK on Monday night. I’m really unsure what to do! I’ve also got the MK EMM booked for the next morning (Tuesday) but pretty sure I will cancel that in favor of the DAH at MK on the Thursday night. So I think we really want to do the AK DAH, but then do we bail out on the HS EMM? That just feels like it will be way too long of a day. It will be our first day at Disney of the trip, so in theory we can handle being up in time for the EMM, but then would need a massive nap before the DAH! My kids are 13, so have some good staying power, and do better in evenings than early mornings. I doubt I’d manage to get them to take an actual nap, though! I could possibly switch the HS EMM to Wednesday, but I had planned that as our Blizzard Beach day.

We were there may 6th and they checked for wristbands at the entrance of ROL

Did you find taking time out to see ROL during the DAH event worthwhile? Or did you feel like you were missing out on rides? I’d really like to see ROL - it’s our first trip to WDW, so we’ve never seen it - but I’m having trouble with the logistics with the DAH event. Would we be best to go to the ROL show at park closing? But then we’d be stuck in large crowds trying to get out at the end, eating into our DAH time, right? It seems like the overall time to get in, see the show, get out will be much shorter if we go during the DAH event?

Me too! I have the same dilemma - HS EMM booked for Monday morning, and now they’ve announced the dates for DAH at AK on Monday night. I’m really unsure what to do! I’ve also got the MK EMM booked for the next morning (Tuesday) but pretty sure I will cancel that in favor of the DAH at MK on the Thursday night. So I think we really want to do the AK DAH, but then do we bail out on the HS EMM? That just feels like it will be way too long of a day. It will be our first day at Disney of the trip, so in theory we can handle being up in time for the EMM, but then would need a massive nap before the DAH! My kids are 13, so have some good staying power, and do better in evenings than early mornings. I doubt I’d manage to get them to take an actual nap, though! I could possibly switch the HS EMM to Wednesday, but I had planned that as our Blizzard Beach day.

Any chance you could do HS EMM Wed instead? Or maybe do DAH at HS instead of EMM? Not sure if you're going before DAH leaves HS. As two adults, I know we can handle it, but I'm sure it's a different story with kids, even if they are older!

Just purchased AK and MK After Hours tickets for my daughter and I and they are already showing up in the MDE app :)

I am interested in seeing whether or not these new dates sell out due to the increased crowds from Galaxy’s Edge.

Question - should we be able to make fast pass reservations with this ticket for the 7-9pm time before the event officially starts? I tried, but we do already have FPs booked that morning over at HS, and it says we can't do more. I thought I'd read somewhere on here that we could do 3 more since this is a separate ticket...

Question - should we be able to make fast pass reservations with this ticket for the 7-9pm time before the event officially starts? I tried, but we do already have FPs booked that morning over at HS, and it says we can't do more. I thought I'd read somewhere on here that we could do 3 more since this is a separate ticket...

From Page 1:
FPs with a DAH Ticket
  • FPs are not available during the DAH event, all rides are standby only.
  • DAH tickets will allow for FP booking during regular park hours, so - if you have no other FPs booked that day - one could book FPs during with a DAH ticket during the regular park hours before the event.
  • HOWEVER, there can be issues when doing this, as has been happening for some people with MNSSHP and MVMCP events since 2017. Booking FPs with DAH tickets in combination with certain trip details/configurations can potentially cause Disney's system to flag your account for insufficient ticket entitlements and you will receive a warning that your last day of FPs will be cancelled if you do not address the problem.
  • Who and exactly why people get this warning remains elusive.
  • Bottom line - if you choose to book FPs with your DAH ticket entitlement and you have FPs booked on other days with regular park admission - you have some potential risk of receiving this warning... so keep an eye out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter