Disney 2000 days in a row???

PollyannaMom

I was a click-clack champ!!
So, I'm watching a morning talk show (DVR'd from I'm not sure what day - because the description said there would be baby animals :dog::cat: ) and they read a spot on a guy who has been to Disneyland 2000 days in a row! There weren't a lot of details, but I found an article from a magazine:

http://time.com/4832228/disneyland-2000-day-streak-jeff-reitz/

So what do you think? - Would you do it? Would you love it? Do you think he's nuts?

So, I'm watching a morning talk show (DVR'd from I'm not sure what day - because the description said there would be baby animals :dog::cat: ) and they read a spot on a guy who has been to Disneyland 2000 days in a row! There weren't a lot of details, but I found an article from a magazine:

So what do you think? - Would you do it? Would you love it? Do you think he's nuts?

I don't think he's nuts at all.

Some people go to the pub after work every day. Some people go and sit on a park bench. Some people plop down in front of the TV. As a local with an annual pass, if going for a walk through Disneyland is what makes him happiest, then more power to him!

Most everyone benefits from having daily routines. This is just his.

As much as I love Disney, I'm not sure I would personally want to do it, but I don't think he's nuts. As the PP said -- if it makes him happy and he can afford the time and money to do it, then more power to him!

I couldn't do it. Just the crowds and the walking and the hassle of getting in and out. And I would be so bored after that many days.

Personally, for me, it's too much. But there are worse habits somebody could have, and if it makes him happy, who am I to judge.
I just wish that I could go every year.

I think it's a little sad, personally. Not being nasty- just honest.

Lots of things I do make people sad. :laughing:

Visiting Disney/Universal three times a year. Playing Kingdom Hearts on my tablet. Playing Tsum Tsum. Putting a green stripe in my hair. Wearing short dresses at my age. Going to see Disney movies, in the theatre, on a Sunday afternoon with my husband.

I don't drive. I don't drink. Both of these are things that make my mother sad.

So I'm sure there's things you do (or don't do), that other people find sad, as well.

Me, I figure if an activity makes you happy, it's (by definition!) not sad.

If I lived nearby, especially at Disneyland so I could live very close, I might pop in daily, but I wouldn't necessarily stay long. I would not do 2,000 days in a row rope drop to close. A lot of DL people will just drop by, ride one thing or catch a show and head back out. They can even park on the street, but you have to move your car like every couple of hours, so they'll just go. It's a good life.

Personally? I think it's sad and pathetic.

For those that don't realize, that is every. single. day. for five and a half years.

If I lived nearby, especially at Disneyland so I could live very close, I might pop in daily, but I wouldn't necessarily stay long. I would not do 2,000 days in a row rope drop to close. A lot of DL people will just drop by, ride one thing or catch a show and head back out. They can even park on the street, but you have to move your car like every couple of hours, so they'll just go. It's a good life.

It doesn't sound like this guy was ever going rope drop to close, either. He says he started when he was unemployed, but given that he's now employed at the VA, he was clearly also job hunting and taking care of other aspects of his life at the same time.

He visits in the evenings now.

For all we know, he could live just a few blocks away and considers this essentially his backyard.

It doesn't sound like this guy was ever going rope drop to close, either. He says he started when he was unemployed, but given that he's now employed at the VA, he was clearly also job hunting and taking care of other aspects of his life at the same time.

For all we know, he could live just a few blocks away and considers this essentially his backyard.

Right, that's what I mean. I don't find it that weird for a guy to pop in ever day for a little while. I think it would be crazy to go every day with the usual commando touring style of a lot of people, but I wasn't insinuating he was doing that. I wish I lived that close to DL that I could stop by any evening I wanted to!

Right, that's what I mean. I don't find it that weird for a guy to pop in ever day for a little while. I think it would be crazy to go every day with the usual commando touring style of a lot of people, but I wasn't insinuating he was doing that. I wish I lived that close to DL that I could stop by any evening I wanted to!

And it just occurred to me - he's probably got a lot of friends at the park! If you see the same people day after day, talk to them, after awhile you'll get attached and they'll start looking forward to seeing you.

My mother-in-law used to go to lunch with the "ladies" at a local restaurant almost every day.

I can't honestly think of a single place I would want to go to (even my own house) every day for 5 1/2 years straight.

I get what you are saying especially about getting to know people in the park.
However what I find "sad" for the lack of a better term is that it means that he never left the State of California for 5.5 years. I guess some people don't like to travel.

I think it sounds wonderful! There are so many details missed for those of us who only visit once a year or so. He can notice all the little changes- in fact he really should start a Disney planning/information website since he would clearly be in the know.

I get what you are saying especially about getting to know people in the park.
However what I find "sad" for the lack of a better term is that it means that he never left the State of California for 5.5 years. I guess some people don't like to travel.

I don't like to travel.. but can't avoid sometimes and certainly not for 5.5 years. I traveled for work for several years and don't have a desire to do it now. I plan on picking up back up full time once i retire but for now, i only travel when i have to... which means the annual trip to Orlando and several trips back home to see my mom and dad.

So, I didn't want to bias the thread by answering first, but I actually think it's kind of neat. Of all the records you could hold, it's such a nice one! I doubt I could keep up with every day myself, but if I lived close, I might go every week. :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter