Disney’s MARVELous Super Hero - New You - New Year Celebration – January 2017!!

4Mickeys

DIS Veteran
Greetings friends! It’s almost January 2017!!! We are going to start the year on a positive note thinking about what a SUPER year 2017 will be. This month some well-known MARVELous Super Hero friends will help us become Super Heroes ourselves as we strive to make healthy changes in our lives.

untitled (18).png

My name is 4Mickeys and I will be your host for the month of January. I will be here to help you find your super-powers, gather your tools and gadgets and find a side-kick or 2 to help you become a SUPER YOU!

Everyone is welcome to participate - so whether this is your first month, nineth month, or hundredth month... jump in and get moving with your goal. You can join us at any time and begin the first step of your journey to a better you! We're a positive supportive team here - all encouragement and no drama.

It's up to YOU to set your goal for the month. You can check in as little or as much as you'd like. All I need from you is a progress report before the Monday of a new week. I, as your host, will post your percentage progress report so you can see how you're ranking with the rest of the group.

The more you put into this - the more you will get out of it.We will also have daily discussion topics to build a sense of community. You can chat about Weight Watchers, My Fitness Pal, Disney, Recipes, Walking, Disney, Running, Coaching Moments, and of course ... Disney!

If this sounds fun - then this is the place for you. Nothing is off limits.

This month we are CHALLENGING ourselves to make real PROGRESS on this journey to be slimmer and healthier. Participating is EASY! All you need to do is decide on your goal (5 pounds off, maintenance mode, 10K steps a day etc) and devise a PLAN to reach that goal.

Share your progress with us along the way and watch the colour of your name change throughout the month!

It will be up to YOU to decide on your goal, your plan, and to report your progress either here on the thread or through a private message every weekend - I'll accept progress reports anytime Friday through Sunday, but will try to update the list of participants every Monday morning.

If you have multiple goals for the month (example: "I plan to walk 30 minutes a day AND I plan to drink 64oz of water a day") please EITHER pick one goal to use for your progress reports OR average them both together when giving your report. It's just much easier for tracking this way. If you only use one of your goals for progress reports, that doesn't mean we don't want to hear how you're doing on your other goals!

NOTE: I am posting from Australia - so I will use your Eastern Time to post, I think that is the easiest way. So when I am posting at 7pm on my 1st January that will be your 5am 1st January – hope that makes sense. This way it should be there when you wake up (depending how early you rise haha). Then you can chat amongst yourselves for most of the day while I am sleeping and then I will jump on when I wake up and it will be the end of that day for you guys and I can see what you have all been up to and have a chat!

Now is the time to suit up and join the Super Hero team… Start thinking about introducing yourself on the 1st and what your goal for the 1st month of the New Year will be…. But don’t tell us it all yet… timing is everything for Super Heroes!

Here is the official list of our WISH Super Heroes for this month's challenge:
@4Mickeys
@MinnieLovesTigger
@Flossbolna
@MommaoffherRocker
@Lady Marie
@dsnyfn1022
@HappyGrape
@princessbee
@sweetpeama
@courneybeth
@stephd219
@ski_mom
@5disneykids
@50sjayne
@IRLdisneyprincess
@wrestlingchick26
@pjlla
@Oneanne

Future Hosts - Is Your Name Here?

February - @courtneybeth

March

April

May

June

Last edited:

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

8156060-3x2-940x627.jpg

Hope you all enjoyed the celebrations wherever you are - leading us into 2017. This is the iconic Sydney Harbour Bridge and Opera House lit up with fireworks to ring in the New Year.

Welcome to January everyone - The Marvel Universe joined the Disney family back in 2009 and when I volunteered to host this month for some reason I just kept being drawn back to the Superheroes when thinking of a theme.

480x263xMarvel-The-Avengers-730x400.jpg.pagespeed.ic.jimdO78QDW.jpg

Our Superheroes are waiting to meet you and hear about your goal for the month...

Tell us as much or as little about yourself to introduce yourself as you like. Let us know your goal, your plan to achieve it, any villains or other barriers that you think may get in your way and of course any tools or plans to help you along the way. To set us off with positivity for the new year when you are thinking about setting your goal try to use a positive voice .... e.g. rather than no junk food ... think mostly homemade meals.

Woo hoo I am ready for 2017 - bring it on... and well with some gorgeous Superheroes to help us on our way who wouldn't be :confused3 ... lets get started!!!

This month's goal is to walk 10 minutes a day consecutively. Villans deep snow and sub zero tempatures. Combating by doing laps in my front room and kitchen.

About me need to drop over 200 undiagnosed hypothyroidism ( symptoms all there but numbers boarderline and medical in my area is strictly laps) I respond well to a natural product and actually loose and keep it off- problem is I have a child who is boarderline under weight ( built like DH) who likes to steal my tea- a gallon batch lasts 2 days-along with my water, juice, soda even when she has her own. ( she's lucky she is so darn cute).
At this time I am not going to worry About the weight though I do want to weigh less at the end of this year than last aiming for 10 pounds.

Hello,

My name is Sam I am 43 soon to be 44 on the 20th of this month! I am a solo mum to 3 awesome kids (if I do say so myself haha) DS16 who just got his learners driving licence before Christmas, then twins DS12 and DD12 who are fast moving towards their teens with their birthdays in February. We live on the Sunshine Coast, in Queensland, Australia... we really are lucky to live in such a gorgeous part of the world but I definitely don't take advantage of my close proximity to the outdoors. I work full time but am on vacation at the moment for another 3ish weeks. I found these threads at this same time last year - whilst I wish I could say I have dropped lots of weight .... I haven't... but that is all on me - but really I think it has been a year of getting me ready to really get more serious about it all and the friendships I have made and the support I have gotten just means so much too me. I have been hovering around the heaviest I have been in my life this year ... sometimes I look in the mirror or a photo and I just don't even recognise myself my face has changed so much ... well as well as the rest of me o_O. In my younger years I was super skinny, ate what I wanted and it didn't matter .... boy did those bad habits catch up with me!

Goal: I am going to continue with last months goal which was to focus on homemade healthy meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner. So that gives me 93 opportunities to make the most of homemade, healthy meals .... I do realise that things happen and life gets in the way sometimes and sometimes I just don't want to cook! So I will again give myself 10 non-homemade meal options and within that I will aim for better choices than say McDonalds.

Villains/Barriers: Still on vacation .... its easy to want to eat out, my Birthday, me.

How I will do it: Chat with you all of course, meal plan, shop for my plan, plan meals I will enjoy, continue to meet with my dietician and follow her advice for meeting my body's needs within my meal planning, follow up with my Doctor (will make that appointment tomorrow), still on vacation so have plenty of time to plan and shop.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Tell us as much or as little about yourself to introduce yourself as you like. Let us know your goal, your plan to achieve it, any villains or other barriers that you think may get in your way and of course any tools or plans to help you along the way. To set us off with positivity for the new year when you are thinking about setting your goal try to use a positive voice .... e.g. rather than no junk food ... think mostly homemade meals.

I am Nia, 38 year old mother of 1. I lost 30 pounds last year, reaching a happy weight last September. It was an awesome year, but I am ready for 2017 to be awesome too!
I gained few pounds last few months, after 2 week holiday in Orlando and Christmas. I tolerated one pound, but as it added a friend I feel they both need to depart this month!

Counting calories - I will aim for 300/400 calories deficit daily, or 2800 calories deficit weekly allowing some flexibility
Steps - I will increase my minimum to 13000 daily for the month.
Exercise - at least 4 lifting sessions a week, as long as I am healthy. I have new workout program that seem to allow me to exercise more days without being as sore but I will adjust this if I feel it's getting too much

Ok a little more about me. I am in my mid 40's, birthday is in May, married, 2 girls almost 12 and a special needs 9 year old, we homeschool, live in MT on land that my great grandfather homesteaded, share a larger yard with family. Was woken up by a small girl in need of dry pants 2 hours ago and can't get back to sleep so on my phone. I refuse to move out of my comfy spot until the sun is up and I can see with just natural light through the shades (got to keep the cold out some how especially since I suspect our supposed energy efficient Windows aren't- the ice on the inside of them might be a clue. Tried covering some with plastic which did help with heat bill but got a start of black mold- luckily we caught it before it spread past the metal frame onto the wood. Had some more distant neighbors lighting off fireworks last night but could not see from my windows- no way was I going outside in the cold and standing on the deck. Sub zero and I don't get along.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!