Disney’s Resort Massage & Fitness Spa Reviews

Heya-
Has anyone recently been out to SSR and done either of these? I had been playing around with surprising my mom with something similar at the Spa at the GF, but since it's going to be closed during our dates this year, that's obviously out... :)

Worth the money? Skip it? Get a nail pen and do them at home? :goodvibes

I think its worth it for a special occasion or just to show your appreciation.

Has anyone had a massage at one of the resort Spas such as Animal Kingdom Lodge or the Wilderness Lodge and be able to give a quick review?

and to follow up - does anyone know if the 15% discount as part of the MYW package applies to the massages offered at the resort spas or do they only apply to Saratoga Springs (Niki Bryan)?

Hi Tx - I have had a massage several times at AKL, the locker rooms have sauna and steam and there are ?3 treatment rooms , the atmosphere is quiet and relaxed. I have had firm pressure massage or a combination of firm and Swedish on the occasions I have been, ranging in length from 50 to 80 min. The best therapist I have had by far was Damien who gave some of the best firm pressure massage I have had at WDW. The service is unhurried and I suspect this is down to the quiet location. Booking the treatment was easy, you just check in at the gym reception desk. I didn't feel like I missed out not visiting a big spa like the GF or SSR. The AKL facility delivered on all counts and I left very please with the service.

Thanks for the feedback RDP! This is exactly what we were hoping for about the resorts spas other then the big ones such as SSR or GF. I think we are going to book at AKL now.

Trying to decide between the 3 treatment special for both me and DH or the Couples Retreat Ritual at the Mandara spa. We are staying at BWI, so this is closest for us
Anyone have any experience?
What is the grand suites with hydotherapy tubs?

Trying to decide between the 3 treatment special for both me and DH or the Couples Retreat Ritual at the Mandara spa. We are staying at BWI, so this is closest for us
Anyone have any experience?
What is the grand suites with hydotherapy tubs?

I have had treatments at the Mandara, its very cool and relaxed and the staff are good. The mens locker room is quite small and the steam room is very small, can’t comment on the female locker room. However a lot of thought has gone into the surroundings and you feel a million miles away from the rest of the the hotel. I haven't had a couples treatments there so can’t comment. Have a great time whatever you decide.

Does any body know if the GF spa is being refurbished whilst GFV is being built, are they expanding it or making any additions to the facility?

I have been to all three of the main spas; SSR, Mandarin, and GF. I would rank them in that order.

I normally stay at POR.

SSR appealed to me most, because of its location, the wonderful services, and the restaurant, The Turf Club. There is nothing better than a water taxi ride from POR to DTD, and then over to SSR. A wonderful spa treatment and a wonderful lunch out on the patio and a walk over to DTD (or the water taxi back) to do some shopping and walking around. Then the water taxi ride back to POR is delightful.

My ranking would be GF, SSR then the Dolphin. This is purely based on preference and personal experience rather than any objective measurement .

Hi
I know the spa at the Floridian is closed, and the workout room is still open. But does anyone know if the locker room is still open to use the steam, sauna, and showers?

My mom knows that I like Red Door spas, and so she gives me SpaFinder gift certificates frequently for my birthday. Well, today I discovered that Mandara at The Dolphin accepts SpaFinder! So, DD and I are going to enjoy a mom/daughter evening while DS hangs out at the kid's club there one night. Just a tip for those of you who might be SpaFinder people......

Hi
I know the spa at the Floridian is closed, and the workout room is still open. But does anyone know if the locker room is still open to use the steam, sauna, and showers?

Not 100% sure, thought I read somewhere they were taking the opportunity to refurb, I'll check and get back on this!

Hi

Just checked and got this response:

Dean,
Thank you for taking the time to contact us. The steam, sauna and Jacuzzi are not available at this time. Lockers, restrooms and showers are available during attended hours from 6AM to 7PM daily.
Please let me know if I can assist you in any way in the future.

Just checked and got this response:

Dean,
Thank you for taking the time to contact us. The steam, sauna and Jacuzzi are not available at this time. Lockers, restrooms and showers are available during attended hours from 6AM to 7PM daily.
Please let me know if I can assist you in any way in the future.

Thanks for checking! That kinda stinks....I guess we will switch to either Saratoga or AKL.
I can't wait to see the new spa at the Floridian, I am sure it is going to look amazing!
We are looking forward to our spa days on the Dream in October as well!

Thanks for checking! That kinda stinks....I guess we will switch to either Saratoga or AKL.
I can't wait to see the new spa at the Floridian, I am sure it is going to look amazing!
We are looking forward to our spa days on the Dream in October as well!

We must have similar vacations! We go on the Dream 1st Nov for 3 nights , then back to WDW BC for 11 nights. Love the whole Spa thing! SSR has the best facilities in terms of steam, sauna etc, but enjoy the smaller facilities at AKL also. Have a great time.

We must have similar vacations! We go on the Dream 1st Nov for 3 nights , then back to WDW BC for 11 nights. Love the whole Spa thing! SSR has the best facilities in terms of steam, sauna etc, but enjoy the smaller facilities at AKL also. Have a great time.

Just switched our reservation to Saratoga! Thank you again for answering my question. We arrive there at the end of October, and looks like we will be on the same cruise as you! We've sailed on the Dream back in December, and LOVED it!

Hope to see you!

Robb

SSR has great facilities, keep in mind you do not get automatic access to the mens and ladies lounges for the spa, steam , sauna etc if your not having a treatment (unless things have changed) you will need to purchase a day pass. The last time I stayed there I managed to negotiate a length of stay pass with spa reception so I could use the facilities after a workout or just to relax.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter