Discussion: Attractions that Trigger (Virtual) Vertigo

Read somewhere about putting a little circular bandaid over the patch to keep it better protected and better stuck on, so my friend does that every time. Not sure whether it helps or not, but it doesn't hurt. Prevents accidental rubbing of it too.

Read somewhere about putting a little circular bandaid over the patch to keep it better protected and better stuck on, so my friend does that every time. Not sure whether it helps or not, but it doesn't hurt. Prevents accidental rubbing of it too.
I've heard of people doing this because they felt there could be some bleed out around the edges of the patch which would cause it to get on their pillow, then rub to their eyes. Not a crazy theory, sometimes there is some stickiness around the edge of the patch. I've never tried it.

It's an impossible question and if you opt not to ride all of the rides that could potentially bother you based on other people's experiences then you are going to be down to maybe riding the Seuss trolley only. ;) The Simpsons killed me. Forbidden Journey killed dh. He had no problem with the Simpsons. I had no problem with Forbidden Journey. :) I hope the remedies suggested in this thread help!

It's an impossible question and if you opt not to ride all of the rides that could potentially bother you based on other people's experiences then you are going to be down to maybe riding the Seuss trolley only. ;) The Simpsons killed me. Forbidden Journey killed dh. He had no problem with the Simpsons. I had no problem with Forbidden Journey. :) I hope the remedies suggested in this thread help!

So true.

I normally say to people to try the rides for themselves and see how they go......if it`s dreadful, don`t ride it again. But, what knocks me funny may not knock anyone else funny.

Forbidden Journey messed me up and no eye closing or prayers could of helped me... but I rode it on an empty stomach, riding it again with some food in me, I was fine after a few minutes lol

Simpsons I can close my eyes and be fine.

Spider-Man never bothers me

MIB if your exhaust portgets hit repeatedly could be bad.

I haven't done Simpson's because I've been worried about how it would impact me.

Forbidden Journey did me in, closing my eyes didn't help. And Minions is pretty rough for me. I haven't had trouble with any of the others, weird how we're all effected differently.

So true.

I normally say to people to try the rides for themselves and see how they go......if it`s dreadful, don`t ride it again. But, what knocks me funny may not knock anyone else funny.
That's going to be the most accurate way to know what you can and can't ride, but it's also a recipe for maybe only riding one or two rides per day if you hit the wrong ones.

There are some rides that make me feel sick for 10 minutes, others will keep me off of rides for an hour or so, and others would make me go back to the room.

Everyone's experience will be different, but if you know that other spinning rides, for example, have made you sick in the past, I think you can make some projections about how a different spinning ride might impact you.

Not all screen rides make me sick, but a large percentage of the ones I have ridden do (or would if I didn't have on the patch), so I can make some assumptions about others. At this point, I just consider it a bonus if a spinner or screen don't make me sick.

It would also be fair to say that just wearing a patch could make someone else sick. They work great for me, but others have not had the same result.

I guess I should also say that no ride has ever given me vertigo symptoms. I do also suffer from vertigo and while rides have made me pretty ill, it's nothing like what I've experienced when I had vertigo symptoms.

That's going to be the most accurate way to know what you can and can't ride, but it's also a recipe for maybe only riding one or two rides per day if you hit the wrong ones.

There are some rides that make me feel sick for 10 minutes, others will keep me off of rides for an hour or so, and others would make me go back to the room.

Everyone's experience will be different, but if you know that other spinning rides, for example, have made you sick in the past, I think you can make some projections about how a different spinning ride might impact you.

Not all screen rides make me sick, but a large percentage of the ones I have ridden do (or would if I didn't have on the patch), so I can make some assumptions about others. At this point, I just consider it a bonus if a spinner or screen don't make me sick.

It would also be fair to say that just wearing a patch could make someone else sick. They work great for me, but others have not had the same result.

I guess I should also say that no ride has ever given me vertigo symptoms. I do also suffer from vertigo and while rides have made me pretty ill, it's nothing like what I've experienced when I had vertigo symptoms.

The Simpsons is the only that has given me Vertigo symptoms, and thankfully that`s the only one. I do have vertigo and take meds when it hits, thankfully not for a few years now (famous last words) But, that ride did end that day early.

We don`t have the patch over here as an option, not sure I`d want to try it after Keisha`s experience. Not an option anyway and I`ll never do the Simpsons again anyway.

I`d rather miss out a few rides that will knock me silly than risk ruining a whole day for my family.......it`s a horrible thing for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!